GEMS American Academy
recent threads recent posts search posts faq rules
Home » Hobbies & Interests » Book Donations for Libraries in Labour Camps
Pages: 1

Saddleworth Sal
Posts 4

28/07/2012 13:07:32
Does anyone know of any group, individual etc. who would be interested in a large amount of old 'Hello' 'Ahlan' 'Grazia' and other magazines. I'm preparing to leave after 25 years and don't want to give them for re-cycling if they could be of use to someone....

SkyKitty
Posts 1556

11/05/2012 22:42:09
I know this thread is old-ish, but I wanted to ask, is this the same Transguard that is part of Emirates group? I only ask because we find so many books onboard that are never claimed and I'm thinking maybe you could work with the lost & found dept to get ahold of all the unclaimed books at the airport- I'm sure there's heaps! Most people buy a novel, read it then leave it behind to save weight...!

Also, maybe you could put a book donation box in the HQ building/crew arrivals, am sure plenty of crew have lots of books they no longer want/need Big Grin

knadia
Posts 54

15/09/2011 12:41:03
Hi Charbaby
What is the location for the drop off? I donated a lot of books to feline freinds last month and have another set that I could give to you guys?
Thanks

Charbaby
Posts 5

10/06/2011 18:35:58
Hi, that would be great, my number is below so let me know when you are next in Dubai and I can arrange to collect. We reached our June target which was for 1000 books but this project is on-going so we will continue to look for donations as we go forwards to expand the library. Thanks Charlotte

missyuae
Posts 179

26/05/2011 19:09:26
I have books and magazines I'd be happy to donate. Live in Al Ain but am in Dubai every once in a while so could drop off/meet you somewhere if that would work. Magazines are a bit 'girly' (as in health and fitness, fashion!), so maybe not the best? Have stacks of Friday magazines that would probably be ok though....

Charbaby
Posts 5

26/04/2011 10:44:47
It is the Learning and Development department and they can be dropped off in reception B, level 1 - if you ask for Charlotte Butt the receptionist will be able to call me round or you can give me a call on 050 462 3654 when you arrive. Alternatively let me know when you are coming and I should be able to arrange for you to be introduced to the rest of the team working on this project.

Many thanks

highland lass
Posts 750

26/04/2011 08:09:11
Can you let me know where I can drop them off? Which dept in Transguard?

Charbaby
Posts 5

25/04/2011 10:18:02
Thanks very much for your interest.

The company is Transguard and you are able to contact me on charlotte.butt@transguardgroup.net.

We are able to arrange for someone to collect the donations if you can advise your location.

janesul
Posts 4131

25/04/2011 07:55:01
How do we get in touch with this company? What's it called please?

Charbaby
Posts 5

24/04/2011 22:12:38
Company in Dubai looking to start free Libraries in Labour Camps - promoting English Language and Literature. Book donations wanted - if you have any old books, DVD, videos or magazines we would be very grateful for your donation.

Thanks

Pages: 1

Abu Dhabi Dubai Bahrain Kuwait Oman Qatar Saudi Arabia Azerbaijan Singapore Hong Kong Vietnam Site Map

© 2001 - , ExpatWoman.com. All Rights Reserved.