Pretty Pregnant Style Tips!
During the first months it is possible to continue wearing your favorite clothes but once a baby bump takes over and the weight goes on, women find that their redefined shape can prove a challenge.
Your Fashionable Style Tips:
It is not because there is a baby on board is no reason to stop wearing a stylish clothes nor is there reason to dive head-first into maternity wear too early. There are likely to be pieces that are already in the wardrobe which can do double-duty before reaching for those maternity pieces. Buying standard outfits several sizes larger are also an option, provided styles are carefully chosen to suit a pregnant body shape.
- Forget shapeless dresses like tents, go for empire-line dresses and tops cinch in the area just below the bust line and provide a flattering silhouette with material grazing over the baby bump.
- With every-growing breasts it's time to consider what neckline is the most flattering. Scoop necks, thick-strap vest tops and V-necks are the way to go. If you go for completely covering up will add pounds, whilst revealing too much will look sloppy.
- Soft draping fabrics will define the body shape and look pretty when pregnant. Choose skirts and dresses with plenty of swing in them and tops with fabric that falls from on or under the bust line and finish at the hips or beyond.
- As arms put on weight cover them with sleeves, which will also balance out a bulging belly. A 3/4 length will still give a hint of bare skin, and sheer sleeves (short or long) offer both coverage and sex appeal.
- Go for sophisticated, simple single-block colors rather than busy prints and overwhelming colors.
- Avoid wearing baggy jeans with flowing tops. Maternity jeans (probably the most important item in a pregnant woman's wardrobe) should be relatively straight-legged to balance out the volume on the upper part of the body.
- For smart work wear, a suit jacket with a single-button that fastens just below the bust will flatter a pregnant figure. A-line and draped skirts are likely prove the most comfortable.
A fashion-conscious woman will still want to stay stylish during her pregnancy. Nowadays many high-street retailers also offer maternity versions of fashionable pieces to keep her on trend.
Nina Iskander for ExpatWoman.com