Burj Al Arab Afternoon Tea
recent threads recent posts Search posts faq
Home » Maids & Home Help » What is grace period for maid's visa renewal and ID card?

Dragon
post 2085

24/02/2013 18:43:36

My maid's visa is up for renewal shortly. I believe there is a one month's grace period after expiry date to renew visa then then you get fined after that. Does anyone know definitively that this is still the case? I have looked on the DNRD website http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-maid-uae.php but it doesn't say.

Her ID card also expires on the same day so I assume that once her visa has been renewed, then her ID card can be processed? And would I incur any fines?

Thanks!

Sandy
post 448

23/08/2013 22:33:21

Bump

Dragon, did you find a response to your question one way or another?

Does anyone else know?

DH is planning a work trip around the time when our maid's visa expires and won't be back for a fortnight or so after expiration so we're wondering whether we should renew beforehand to avoid any excessive fines or whether there is a month's grace period and we can do it on his return.

TIA

Tru Blu
post 1906

24/08/2013 07:35:15

At the beginning of the year it was 30 days grace. I know because we utilized it. I would double check though as the rules in this place are forever changing...

Oopsiedaisy
post 2230

25/08/2013 00:04:53

Dragon wrote:

Her ID card also expires on the same day so I assume that once her visa has been renewed, then her ID card can be processed? And would I incur any fines?
Thanks!

Strangely enough our maid had to start renewal of her Emirates ID first. Immigration would only start processing her new visa with a copy of the application form of her ID.
And yes, grace period is still 30 days.

Abu Dhabi Dubai Bahrain Kuwait Oman Qatar Saudi Arabia Azerbaijan Singapore Hong Kong Vietnam Site Map

© 2001 - , ExpatWoman.com. All Rights Reserved.