Dubai How to Get Your Alcohol License

Dubai How to Get Your Alcohol License

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Print Email More

Getting your Alcohol License in Dubai

Non-Muslim residents of Dubai need an alcohol license to purchase alcohol from a store or have alcohol in your home. It is quite easy to get so just follow the steps below to make sure you are all legal and above board.

In order to qualify for a license, applicants must be aged 21, non-Muslim and resident in Dubai, and must earn more than AED 3,000 per month.

ApplicationsDubai Liquor License
Application forms can be picked up from MMI and African & Eastern (A&E) liquor stores, situated all over Dubai, often attached to shopping malls.

You will need to take with you:

• The completed application form with company stamp and signature
• Copy of passport and residence visa
• Copy of labour contract issued by the Ministry of Labour, or a trade license if you own your own business
• Photocopy of tenancy contract or property deeds if you are the homeowner
• Passport size photograph x 2
• CID application fee currently AED 160
• If renewing your existing license take the expired one with you.
• You may include your wife/husband on your license,  just provide 2 photos and their passport copy and residence visa copy.  They will then be permitted to use your license.

The store will process the application with the Dubai Police. The process usually takes around two to three weeks. Licenses are valid for one year, and then need to be renewed. (MMI or A&E will send you a reminder)

Both MMI and A&E will let you know by mobile phone when you can pick up your new license, it usually comes back with a voucher for around AED 100, this may vary but there are usually special offers to the value of the license fee, worth checking both MMI and A&E to see who has the best deal!

Dubai Liquor License UAEDo remember that it is an offence to buy, transport, store and consume alcohol, as a resident in the UAE, without a valid Liquor License. 

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Print Email More

Latest comments

  • Margee Tolentino  on  16 May 2015 08:48:21 PM

    how about i don't have a tenancy contract cause i'm renting a flat only?

    • Rate it
    • 0
    • 0

  • admin  on  17 May 2015 04:02:11 PM

    Hi Margee, In order to gain a alcohol licence you need to have proof of your tenancy in the flat, in your name. HTH EW Admin

    • Rate it
    • 0
    • 0

Leave a comment

             Your Comment:
500 of 500 characters left.
By posting a comment you agree to our site rules                                              


Abu Dhabi Dubai Bahrain Kuwait Oman Qatar Saudi Arabia Azerbaijan Singapore Hong Kong Vietnam Site Map

© 2001 - , All Rights Reserved.