Best place to buy an Ipad2 in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Best place to buy an Ipad2 in Dubai

Latest post on 05 May 2011 - 09:11

Where is the best place? c4? apple shop?

Latest post on 06 May 2011 - 16:12
Facetime is available in the Aust and NZ app store for free, can't see why you couldn't download it? We also downloaded s **** from the app store and it works perfectly <em>edited by TimTam on 06/05/2011</em>
Latest post on 06 May 2011 - 10:20
I don't recommend Dragon Mart fake ipad at all. My friend bought it (it is only 600 dirham by the way) and really it just looks like it. The functions and everything inside is a pain in the back!
Latest post on 06 May 2011 - 10:07
Correct me if I'm wrong but....you can't download FT from the App store. If you buy an 'official' iPad or iPhone here it will not have FT and you can't even get it when you travel out of the UAE so, if it is important to you, don't buy here. There are a number of alternatives however or you could 'jailbreak' and get FT that way.
Latest post on 06 May 2011 - 07:23
My Ipad's got facetime on it.. and I did buy it locally...however, I don't know if it makes a difference with regards to facetime; but I bought mine online, before the "official" release of the ipad in the UAE, so, clairehdp, you may well be right with regards to facetime and the 'official' ipdas...emily; I think in terms of price, (and maybe even functionality) online through a local website may be best... I am 100% right! That's why I put the warning on here. The UAE released version of the ipad2 has no FaceTime. You have an imported one. There are both now in the stores here so if people want facetime they need to be careful and check where they have come from. They won't readily tell you it has no FaceTime. <em>edited by Clairehdp on 06/05/2011</em>
Latest post on 06 May 2011 - 01:31
My Ipad's got facetime on it.. and I did buy it locally...however, I don't know if it makes a difference with regards to facetime; but I bought mine online, before the "official" release of the ipad in the UAE Yes, it makes a difference... you bought an American iPad 2 that had been unofficially imported. Someone just bought it in a shop in the USA and then shipped it over here to sell. That's why it had FaceTime on it.
Latest post on 06 May 2011 - 01:22
If you have airlmiles card and you are collecting miles, then buy it from EMAX as they have offer. If you buy with over 2000 dirhams you get 10,000 points on airmiles.
Latest post on 05 May 2011 - 21:15
Dragon mark, 800 dhs! http://gulfnews.com/gntv/business/hunting-for-an-ipad-2-1.771321
Latest post on 05 May 2011 - 21:09
Do all the ipads out here not have facetime?? Is it easy to download it. Which itunes store do you go to to download it. Also, if i want to put a dvd onto it (for my dd for the plane) will i be able to do this? Im sorry, im rubbish with technology!!
Latest post on 05 May 2011 - 19:20
All the stores are the same price. Depends who has the stock available. We bought ours here and clairehdp is right it doesn't have facetime but you can download the app from itunes (not from the UAE itunes store). Facetime is chat from one apple to another. I suppose it's like skype so you could call someone and video call them if they also have an apple mac, iphone, ipad or itouch. The price here now is not too much more than the US, I think on the one we bought it was $100 difference.
Latest post on 05 May 2011 - 14:20
ok, really stupid question but what is facetime??
Latest post on 05 May 2011 - 10:44
My Ipad's got facetime on it.. and I did buy it locally...however, I don't know if it makes a difference with regards to facetime; but I bought mine online, before the "official" release of the ipad in the UAE, so, clairehdp, you may well be right with regards to facetime and the 'official' ipdas...emily; I think in terms of price, (and maybe even functionality) online through a local website may be best...
Latest post on 05 May 2011 - 09:26
Be careful - the local UAE ipad 2 does not have facetime on it.......

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY