Amy Winehouse - Absolutely Terrible! | ExpatWoman.com

Amy Winehouse - Absolutely Terrible!

Latest post on 15 February 2011 - 20:59
I found pictures :)
Latest post on 15 February 2011 - 20:19
*goes to look for photos of donkey tits on google images* :) edited by Sanddy_Dogg on 14/02/2011 Don't even tell us what you found!!! LOL!!! ;)
Latest post on 15 February 2011 - 19:26
from all accounts she was not great in Dubai. I, on the other hand, love to listen to her late at night or while making dinner. I love her voice and her music. It is sad she is not a proformer but......Diana Krall, Amy and Billie Holiday among others I enjoy listening too, I just will not go to her concert :),,,,,but I will not stop listening to her music :) My kind of playlist SueB :) I was disappointed in her performance but I will continue to list to her CD's frequently and I will continue to hope that she gets help and gets better.
Latest post on 15 February 2011 - 19:23
from all accounts she was not great in Dubai. I, on the other hand, love to listen to her late at night or while making dinner. I love her voice and her music. It is sad she is not a proformer but......Diana Krall, Amy and Billie Holiday among others I enjoy listening too, I just will not go to her concert :),,,,,but I will not stop listening to her music :)
Latest post on 15 February 2011 - 19:02
From today's 7 days [i'> [b'>Amy makes excuses[/b'> Promoters of Amy Winehouse’s shocking performance in Dubai have refuted allegations the sound system was playing up. A spokesperson for the shamed artist, who was booed while singing at Gulf Bike Week at Festival City on Friday, told the Metro newspaper in the UK: “Unfortunately, Amy’s in-ear monitors weren’t working so she couldn’t hear herself while singing. This led to some songs being cut short, leaving the stage for a bit to see if they could be fixed and handing over to her backing singer Zalon to sing one more song than he usually would. “The audience didn’t know this, of course.” But event organiser Done Events denied there was any problem with the sound on the night. Thomas Ovesen, the chief operating officer, said: “There were certainly no problems in the sound. If her ear monitors weren’t working, I don’t see what that has to do with what the audience heard. “They have nothing to do with what you hear as an audience. It’s a sophisticated way of artists hearing themselves. Some choose to use them, and some don’t. I don’t think her performance reflected any problems with production.” Many of the 10,000 fans who went to the show have complained Winehouse’s singing was barely audible and out of tune, she seemed distracted and left the stage for about 10 minutes. And concert-goers agreed it could not have been a technical hitch as all the other singers were good. One fan said: “The only sound problem was that nothing came out of Amy’s mouth.”[/i'> To Hello Again Kitty - very true!!!
Latest post on 15 February 2011 - 18:56
You guys need to switch your allegiance to Adele! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYEDA3JcQqw
Latest post on 14 February 2011 - 12:13
I think she just looks scared stiff... just found of her singing live in a far more intimate setting and she's just worlds apart... and rocks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmV6_oc2lwM&feature=related (ok, so posted in 2007... )
Latest post on 14 February 2011 - 11:04
*goes to look for photos of donkey tits on google images* :) <em>edited by Sanddy_Dogg on 14/02/2011</em>
Latest post on 14 February 2011 - 10:58
Done events promoter attitude makes him look like a pair of donkey tits!
Latest post on 14 February 2011 - 09:10
Same TashaB and CycloneT we had a great time..... not disputing the fact that Amy was "random" at alll.... but we had a ball! You have such a positive grab life with both hands attitude ShellyMcD. How refreshing :)
Latest post on 14 February 2011 - 09:04
Seems like she is **** allover the place! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHgcMvhAl5c&feature=related and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=984NrsMffto&feature=related edited by spongemonkey on 13/02/2011 good grief !! i couldn't bear to watch either of them past half a miinute....
Latest post on 14 February 2011 - 03:55
Same TashaB and CycloneT we had a great time..... not disputing the fact that Amy was "random" at alll.... but we had a ball!
Latest post on 14 February 2011 - 00:12
I just watched the video. Why is this woman famous? for the same reason so many people were fawning over Tiger Woods at the golf yesterday when there were so many other nicer, more talented players to watch...... byeond me! Couldn't agree more xx
Latest post on 14 February 2011 - 00:10
I just watched the video. Why is this woman famous? for the same reason so many people were fawning over Tiger Woods at the golf yesterday when there were so many other nicer, more talented players to watch...... byeond me! More talented than Tiger Woods haha. He doesnt let his personal life effect his play of golf. See my other post. He hasn't won anything for 15 months. He's a low life who now doesn't deserve any attention. I never liked him. <em>edited by cushion on 14/02/2011</em>
Latest post on 13 February 2011 - 23:50
But she was still sh1t! But the company was excellent ;) And I had a great time with a great friend!!! By the way, got the King's Speech here and now so that's a stew night. Need to think of another movie!!!!
Latest post on 13 February 2011 - 23:47
But she was still sh1t! But the company was excellent ;)
Latest post on 13 February 2011 - 23:33
But she was still sh1t!
Latest post on 13 February 2011 - 23:13
Seems like she is **** allover the place! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHgcMvhAl5c&feature=related and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=984NrsMffto&feature=related edited by spongemonkey on 13/02/2011 The above concert was in 2008. Last Friday she did not look like she was drunk or drugged. Her overall appearance was very good actually,skin looked fine and she gained a bit more weight which suits her, but she looked a sort of scared and didn't want to be there at all. She should fire her manager, make albums and do smaller gigs imo.
Latest post on 13 February 2011 - 22:20
Seems like she is **** allover the place! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHgcMvhAl5c&feature=related and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=984NrsMffto&feature=related <em>edited by spongemonkey on 13/02/2011</em>
Latest post on 13 February 2011 - 22:02
Sorry to drag this up again but just been speaking with DD back home who was at Glastonbury when Amy was there and, well, be grateful ladies that this didn't happen!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IN7yJWi21E
Latest post on 13 February 2011 - 10:03
I watched the clip and think she is either heavily drugged or like jwal says has mental health issues. Such a shame for those who paid to go and see this shambles. I don't expect she will be doing any more concerts in Dubai!
Latest post on 13 February 2011 - 09:57
I'm DONE with done events :D
Latest post on 13 February 2011 - 09:56
Made the headlines in 7 Days. Must say, I find the promoter's attitude a bit odd: "Thomas Ovesen, chief operating officer at Done Events, said: “This is Amy Winehouse in February 2011. If fans are disappointed, I’m sure she is too. That’s how she does it, that’s her live performance style. “The way she interacts with her fans is her decision and responsibility.” Ovesen said that despite Winehouse’s history of substance abuse, he had been assured she was not under the influence of any booze or drugs and that she drank only hot water and lemon all night."
Latest post on 13 February 2011 - 09:31
I just watched the video. Why is this woman famous? for the same reason so many people were fawning over Tiger Woods at the golf yesterday when there were so many other nicer, more talented players to watch...... byeond me! More talented than Tiger Woods haha. He doesnt let his personal life effect his play of golf.
Latest post on 13 February 2011 - 09:15
The woman has a very good voice and her music is quite enjoyable when you listen to her albums. That youtube clip does not show her performing her first 4-5 songs where she looked like she was about to collapse onto the stage. Her eyes were shifty and she stopped in the middle of her first song to take off her shoes and to drink from a mug on stage. She was slurring through her songs, and at one point turned away from the microphone then looked back and it looked like she was startled to see a microphone there. I'm not sure she knew where she was. I'm not sure what the whole arm rubbing was about either...she did not look drunk, she looked drugged. Bad. She was not shy or embarrassed. She was drugged to begin with and then when she started regaining her focus - disinterested and bored. I felt bad for her band who were trying their best to perform....I hope they are all looking for new jobs, cause if she continues like this she is not likely to live too long. It was disturbing to watch and even more disturbing to think of all those fans who paid money to see someone who did not deserve it and who will probably go spend it on getting high. When people pay and go to a concert, it is not so that they can boo the artist. We all took a few hours out of our lives to go and see her because we thought she was an artist and a woman of talent. She did not have any appreciation for her fans, her music or herself. What a waste. <em>edited by carpediem on 13/02/2011</em>
Latest post on 13 February 2011 - 00:05
I just watched the video. Why is this woman famous? for the same reason so many people were fawning over Tiger Woods at the golf yesterday when there were so many other nicer, more talented players to watch...... byeond me!
Latest post on 13 February 2011 - 00:01
I saw her perform once before on Jules Holland show when her first album was out. She was just the same then maybe just not quite so obviously bored. She played with her hair & dress way back then, I think that's just what she does. The girl should stay in the recording studio and give up live performances.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 12 February 2011 - 23:04
Does anyone think she looks really anxious, almost like a panic attack type thing? Maybe she is being medicated for her past issues and it's side effects? On the adverts for her concerts she doesn't look like this at all! Cold turkey does that, maybe why she was a druggy in the first place, to calm the old nerves? Actually re watching it again I think she seems like she has mental health issues without a doubt. It's really quite sad, why is she being put out to perform like this??
Latest post on 12 February 2011 - 23:01
Does anyone think she looks really anxious, almost like a panic attack type thing? Maybe she is being medicated for her past issues and it's side effects? On the adverts for her concerts she doesn't look like this at all! Cold turkey does that, maybe why she was a druggy in the first place, to calm the old nerves?
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 12 February 2011 - 22:58
Does anyone think she looks really anxious, almost like a panic attack type thing? Maybe she is being medicated for her past issues and it's side effects? On the adverts for her concerts she doesn't look like this at all!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY