More
Hide

Helicopter in the Springs

475
Posts

Latest post on 2011/04/18 at 20:56:42
Anybody know why there is a Helicopter landing in the Springs right now?

Just saw it descending when I was looking out my window.
4776
Posts

Latest post on 2011/04/18 at 20:58:56
If it's the white one, it's the police chopper.
101
Posts

Latest post on 2011/04/18 at 20:59:19
Me too! I thought I was hallucinating!
230
Posts

Latest post on 2011/04/18 at 21:00:00
It's just taken off again
308
Posts

Latest post on 2011/04/18 at 21:08:05
It's the Air Ambulence.
There has been an accident on the main road. Looked to be quiet a few cars involved. The new road is so fast & dangerous at times.
4776
Posts

Latest post on 2011/04/18 at 21:09:46
nels wrote:
It's the Air Ambulence.
There has been an accident on the main road. Looked to be quiet a few cars involved. The new road is so fast & dangerous at times.


Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, there are some right numpties who think it's a main highway and go at ridiculous speeds.
689
Posts

Latest post on 2011/04/18 at 21:14:32
There was an accident there yesterday morning too, cars looked quite damaged, but didn't look like anyone was hurt even though there were 2 ambulances there.

I always go slow in the hope that other will too, anything to stop them putting up speed bumps again.
33
Posts

Latest post on 2011/04/18 at 21:24:37
Chocs01 wrote:
nels wrote:
It's the Air Ambulence.
There has been an accident on the main road. Looked to be quiet a few cars involved. The new road is so fast & dangerous at times.


Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, there are some right numpties who think it's a main highway and go at ridiculous speeds.


Hate to break it to you, but the main road is meant to be a main highway.
4776
Posts

Latest post on 2011/04/18 at 21:25:41
Devil wrote:
Chocs01 wrote:
nels wrote:
It's the Air Ambulence.
There has been an accident on the main road. Looked to be quiet a few cars involved. The new road is so fast & dangerous at times.


Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, there are some right numpties who think it's a main highway and go at ridiculous speeds.


Hate to break it to you, but the main road is meant to be a main highway.


Mmmm not so sure that's a good idea, right through a busy residential area - it's going to be a nightmare.
33
Posts

Latest post on 2011/04/18 at 21:28:02
Chocs01 wrote:
Devil wrote:
Chocs01 wrote:
nels wrote:
It's the Air Ambulence.
There has been an accident on the main road. Looked to be quiet a few cars involved. The new road is so fast & dangerous at times.


Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, there are some right numpties who think it's a main highway and go at ridiculous speeds.


Hate to break it to you, but the main road is meant to be a main highway.


Mmmm not so sure that's a good idea, right through a busy residential area - it's going to be a nightmare.


Welcome to Dubai.
2235
Posts

Latest post on 2011/04/18 at 21:30:05
Chocs01 wrote:

Mmmm not so sure that's a good idea, right through a busy residential area - it's going to be a nightmare.


Its a real shame actually, a nice and quiet residential area now has a massive highway running right through the middle.... There were lots of complaints about it but to no avail. It is getting busier and busier by the day as well as cars going faster and faster! Think its meant to be an alternative to SZR or something...
4776
Posts

Latest post on 2011/04/18 at 21:33:24
Well I always see cars going haring down there, then slam on the brakes to make their turns. I just cruise and I don't care if people get up tight. I also always stop at the zebra crossing, much to the annoyance of others.

@Devil, been here nearly 8 years - I forgot lol
6350
Posts

Latest post on 2011/04/19 at 08:34:42
is the speed limit still 40? difficult to tell...

There was a bad smash at the roundabout to 10/11 on Sunday...saw one of the car occupants this morning with a huge bandage wrapped around his head but otherwise relatively unharmed looking out taking photos of the site. With everyone driving crazy speeds down the highway, the new (hopefully very temporary) configuration of that r/a is an absolute disaster. Is incredibly dangerous.
4776
Posts

Latest post on 2011/04/19 at 09:59:29
The 40 limit signs are still up. The police were still removing the smashed cars as I drove home last night.
885
Posts

Latest post on 2011/04/19 at 10:06:58
This week I have seen an accident EVERY single day, either at the roundabout at the big Spinneys or at the roundabout at the Meadows 7. Every single day, it is freakin scary. Cars drive 120, they dont let other cars pass or come out of their springs or meadows compounds. They just speed and go straight at the roundabouts so if you are on the roundabout you have to stop midway to let cars pass while normally you have priority. I think it is one of Dubais worse traffic decisions to build that high way in such a residential neighbourhood.
JS
850
Posts

Latest post on 2011/04/19 at 10:10:10
These people who drive fast in springs and meadows area really annoy me.. there are plenty of bumps there but they just dont care!! Obviously no one care about the 40 limit signs..

To be honest, what scares me the most is to hit a cat crossing the street in the area, that's why I drive very slow in that area and always look on the sides in case a cat is standing to cross the street.. knowing that many cats are left outdoors in the area or some of them are lost, terribly freaks me out.. the other day I saw a dead black kitty on the side of the raod and I was feeling down all day because of that.

I wouldnt mind if they put radars on that area.. seriously.. I personally stick to the speed limit and I wish the rest do the same.
2697
Posts

Latest post on 2011/04/19 at 10:14:42
Yasmine wrote:
I think it is one of Dubais worse traffic decisions to build that high way in such a residential neighbourhood.


I think it was one of the best decisions ever ... wipe off all those short-dress-no-sleeves-wearing, Du-customer-service-swearing, no-tax-but-salik, housing-fee and parking-fine-paying expats ...

It's just a matter of time!!!
323
Posts

Latest post on 2011/04/19 at 10:17:13
guinness wrote:
Yasmine wrote:
I think it is one of Dubais worse traffic decisions to build that high way in such a residential neighbourhood.


I think it was one of the best decisions ever ... wipe off all those short-dress-no-sleeves-wearing, Du-customer-service-swearing, no-tax-but-salik, housing-fee and parking-fine-paying expats ...

It's just a matter of time!!!


eh? are you saying that Springs residents are as described above?
885
Posts

Latest post on 2011/04/19 at 10:18:51
Willamina De Vault wrote:
guinness wrote:
Yasmine wrote:
I think it is one of Dubais worse traffic decisions to build that high way in such a residential neighbourhood.


I think it was one of the best decisions ever ... wipe off all those short-dress-no-sleeves-wearing, Du-customer-service-swearing, no-tax-but-salik, housing-fee and parking-fine-paying expats ...

It's just a matter of time!!!


eh? are you saying that Springs residents are as described above?


yeah I think Guiness is being sarcastic, lol....
4776
Posts

Latest post on 2011/04/19 at 10:21:50
Well to be honest the sheer number of speed humps has the reverse effect, in that people get so tired of them, that they try and bowl through them asap. If they took out a few, I think you'd see an improvement. I always wish I was wearing my support bra going over them - eish!

Bu they could really do with putting a few in along the back road, just such a stupid decision.
6350
Posts

Latest post on 2011/04/19 at 10:25:46
But while they finish the road there are LESS speed bumps than normal and really has contributed to the increased speed (and accidents) along that road. Seeing as lights are going in, will they put the bumps back do you reckon?
885
Posts

Latest post on 2011/04/19 at 10:42:24
From Spinneys to the small Choithram they took out almost all the speedbumps, and on the way back as well.

    Pages: 1





 

On ExpatWoman Today

How to Get Your Alcohol Licence in Dubai

How to Get Your Alcohol Licence in Dubai

WIN 2 Tickets To This Year

WIN 2 Tickets To This Year's du Mini Mudder For Your Kids To Enjoy

Review: Forever Young BBL & Intracel Treatment at Dr. Kamil Al Rustom

Review: Forever Young BBL & Intracel Treatment at Dr. Kamil Al Rustom

Camping at Al Qudra Lake has Been Banned

Camping At Al Qudra Lake Has Been Banned ...

UAE New Year Holidays Announced for the Private and Public Sector

UAE New Year Holidays Announced For The Private And Public Sector...

Achievement: How to Parent and Teach Without the Pressure

Achievement: How To Parent And Teach Without The Pressure...

7 Ways to Make Sure Your Teeth Survive Cold & Flu Season

7 Ways To Make Sure Your Teeth Survive Cold & Flu Season...

In Pics: One Room, Two Styles Workshop at IDdesign

In Pics: One Room, Two Styles Workshop At Iddesign...

Healthy Gum Tissue is The Key to Good Oral Health

Healthy Gum Tissue Is The Key To Good Oral Health...

5 Ways to Slowdown the Depreciation of a Used Car

5 Ways To Slowdown The Depreciation Of A Used Car...

The Vital Role Vitamin D Plays in Preserving Our Health

The Vital Role Vitamin D Plays In Preserving Our Health...

Duran Duran is Headlining at the 2018 Dubai Jazz Festival

Duran Duran Is Headlining At The 2018 Dubai Jazz Festival...

In Pics: Festive Decor Workshop at Interiors

In Pics: Festive Decor Workshop At Interiors ...

In Pics: Beauty and Rejuvenation at Dr. Kayle Aesthetic Clinic

In Pics: Beauty And Rejuvenation At Dr. Kayle Aesthetic Clinic...

How to Increase Female Participation in Global Mobility Programme

How To Increase Female Participation In Global Mobility Programme...

Top 8 Holiday Foods that Increase Fertility

Top 8 Holiday Foods That Increase Fertility ...

Review: Laser Hair Removal Results at Dr. Kamil Al Rustom in Dubai

Review: Laser Hair Removal Results at Dr. Kamil Al Rustom in Duba...

Review: Forever Young BBL & Intracel Treatment at Dr. Kamil Al Rustom

Review: Forever Young BBL & Intracel Treatment at Dr. Kamil Al Ru...

Understanding Gender-specific Symptoms and Risks of Heart Disease

Understanding Gender-Specific Symptoms And Risks Of Heart Disease...

Welcome to Mr. Odd Job: Reliable Home Repair & Maintenance in Dubai

Welcome to Mr. Odd Job: Reliable Home Repair & Maintenance in Dub...

Nationwide Discount on Traffic Fines Announced in the UAE

Nationwide Discount On Traffic Fines Announced In The UAE...

Enjoy a Classic Christmas and Meet Santa at WAFI this December

Enjoy A Classic Christmas And Meet Santa At WAFI This December...

Offers: 20% OFF on Botox and Fillers at Dr. Kamil Al Rustom

Offers: 20% OFF On Botox And Fillers At Dr. Kamil Al Rustom...

Offers: December Beauty Deals at Royal Retreat Spa

Offers: December Beauty Deals At Royal Retreat Spa...

Can Regular Use of Mouthwash Replace Tooth Brushing?

Can Regular Use Of Mouthwash Replace Tooth Brushing?...

Your Ultimate Checklist When Moving Abroad

Your Ultimate Checklist When Moving Abroad...

RelationshipTalk Event: How To Choose The Right Partner

Relationshiptalk Event: How To Choose The Right Partner...

How Massage Therapy Can Help Boost Your Fertility

How Massage Therapy Can Help Boost Your Fertility...

Surviving Infertility Trauma and the Healing Power of Love

Surviving Infertility Trauma And The Healing Power Of Love...

Facts About Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) that You Need to Know

Facts About Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) That You Need To Know...

New Traffic Fines Expected to Make UAE Roads Safer

New Traffic Fines Expected To Make UAE Roads Safer...

Not All Universities Will Be Spared from VAT in the UAE

Not All Universities Will Be Spared From VAT In The UAE...

Zaya Early Learning Centre in Dubai is Now Enrolling for January 2018

Zaya Early Learning Centre in Dubai is Now Enrolling for January ...

Review: Lip Fillers at Elite Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Group

Review: Lip Fillers At Elite Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Group...

Male Infertility in Dubai; Busting Common Myths and Uncovering Facts

Male Infertility in Dubai; Busting Common Myths and Uncovering Fa...

The UAE is Getting Its First Outdoor Dog Park in February

The UAE Is Getting Its First Outdoor Dog Park In February...

Policy Allows Kids with Disabilities Admission to Mainstream Schools

Policy Allows Kids with Disabilities Admission to Mainstream Scho...

5 Tips on Preparing for the du Tough Mudder

5 Tips On Preparing For The Du Tough Mudder's Obstacle Course...

There

There's Still Time To Register For This Year's Du Tough Mudder...

13 Ways to Celebrate the Festive Season at The Meydan Hotel

13 Ways To Celebrate The Festive Season At The Meydan Hotel...

UAE Residents

UAE Residents' Phone Carrier Name Changed Again...

Diabetes in Dubai: How it Affects Cardiovascular Diseases

Diabetes In Dubai: How It Affects Cardiovascular Diseases...

The Swiss Baccalaureate Curriculum Will Soon Be Available in Dubai

The Swiss Baccalaureate Curriculum Will Soon Be Available in Duba...

Main Menu   Sites
DubaiDubai
Sign in to your account
Username:
Password:
Remember me?
Forgot Password? Join
Sign in to your account Close window Username: Password: Users Currently Online