Steak Frites in Dubai? | ExpatWoman.com

Steak Frites in Dubai?

Latest post on 03 September 2011 - 14:14

There is a yearning for a proper French Steak Frites in this house today. Apart from making them myself, does anyone know of a restaurant in Dubai which will satisfy this craving, please? TIA.

Latest post on 03 September 2011 - 22:38
We went to the one in Deira in the end, here: http://www.alkhaleejhotels.com/palace_dine.php There was a special menu offer between 7 and 9 whereby you chose the meat you wanted (Wagyu, fantastic) and got as much house red or white wine you wanted with the meal, along with limitless pommes frites. It was delicious, we could have been back in Geneva, but the service was much better here and it was a lot less crowded (there was one other couple, who were thought were Greek, and we three!). Loved it. The desserts were better than in Geneva, too :) We'll try the one in DFC another time, this was our last treat at the end of the summer hols..
Latest post on 03 September 2011 - 17:50
Where did you go to for your fries Simpleasabc??
Latest post on 03 September 2011 - 17:03
Oh Man- I have just been sitting here preparing my weight watchers menu for the next few days and then I read this email! We live 10 mins from DFC..... will power, will power, will power!!!!
Latest post on 03 September 2011 - 16:44
There's one in Diera too, near the Hilton Hotel,and it's licensed too.
Latest post on 03 September 2011 - 16:08
I know..much better with a glass of red !Yes Dubai Festival City-the new part near Jaimie Olivers.Enjoy-I'm jealous:)
Latest post on 03 September 2011 - 15:56
OMG, Michamen, I hadn't even thought about it, steak frites without a glass or two of red is unimaginable :) Where in DFC, please? I'm interpreting DFC as Dubai Festival City, is that right?
Latest post on 03 September 2011 - 15:47
There is also Entrecote in DFC..and that one is licenced :)
Latest post on 03 September 2011 - 15:40
I've just found a restaurant called "Entrecote Cafe de Paris" which is EXACTLY what we are looking for (sauce originated in Geneva, natch :) ), with a branch in Dubai Mall overlooking the fountains, apparently. Problem solved :) Anyone been there recently, out of curiosity?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY