ExpatWoman
Sign in to your account
Close window
Username:
Password:
 
Remember me?
Sign in to your account
Username:
Password:
 
Expat Forum

Can I freeze pancake mix?

PostsPosts 385


06/12/2011 07:38:50
 
My DD always wants pancakes in the morning, but I'm loathe to keep the mix in the fridge for the following day as it has raw eggs in it and I'm paranoid about them! Is it possible to freeze the mix in one pancake portions?

PostsPosts 1387


06/12/2011 11:00:13
 
I wouldn't freeze batter. I just make a huge batch of pancakes and freeze them - all you have to do is pop them in the toaster to reheat.

PostsPosts 385


06/12/2011 18:17:33
 
Sometimes I worry about myself .... I never even thought of that! Thanks - great idea!

PostsPosts 2929


07/12/2011 00:30:59
 
Catawba KSE wrote:
I wouldn't freeze batter. I just make a huge batch of pancakes and freeze them - all you have to do is pop them in the toaster to reheat.
Make life even easier and remember to separate each cooked pancake with a bit of wax or parchment paper before freezing... Nothing like sawing thru frozen pancakes to get 1 out, not that I've ever done that...

PostsPosts 416


08/12/2011 23:07:09
 
Not - you cant freeze it but you can store it for 3 days in the fridge covered in an airtight container x

PostsPosts 825


09/12/2011 09:34:36
 
Apricot wrote:
Catawba KSE wrote:
I wouldn't freeze batter. I just make a huge batch of pancakes and freeze them - all you have to do is pop them in the toaster to reheat.
Make life even easier and remember to separate each cooked pancake with a bit of wax or parchment paper before freezing... Nothing like sawing thru frozen pancakes to get 1 out, not that I've ever done that...


Hee hee! Love it - good tip!

McB
PostsPosts 283


21/01/2012 11:58:54
 
Yes you can freeze the freshly made mix.I have for years .

Kooky wrote:
My DD always wants pancakes in the morning, but I'm loathe to keep the mix in the fridge for the following day as it has raw eggs in it and I'm paranoid about them! Is it possible to freeze the mix in one pancake portions?

Pages: 1
 
Explore our country guide

On ExpatWoman Today