Boarding for Puppies vs taking them home with you | ExpatWoman.com

Boarding for Puppies vs taking them home with you

Latest post on 16 February 2012 - 15:13

Hi |Guys,

I am looking at getting 2 15 week old chihuahua puppies, but the thing that i cant decide is what to do in summer. I am flying home end of may with the kids for my sisters wedding but my husband will be staying here. He then comes home mid july for approx 6 weeks then we all fly back end of august before my daughter starts school. I dont know if to take them home with me in may and have them in the uk or look at boarding kennels for when my husband come home. The other problem with the uk as well is that me and my husband are going away with friends on holiday for 2 weeks mid august, kids are staying with parents in that time and dont think my mum would appreciate me then handing two dogs over as well as she already has my cat. but if they stay here from may-july my husband will be working full time so they will be home on their own a lot.
<em>edited by dani2214 on 16/02/2012</em>

Latest post on 17 February 2012 - 00:02
I hate to be the only person to say this, but before you even get into kennels, please I hope you're not considering 'buying' these puppies from a pet shop or any of the so called 'breeders' here. :( You're not the only one to think it. xx Hopefully this is not the case. Would it not be possible for these babies to stay with their mom until you get back. If your are in fact buying them from a pet shop or so called "breeders" here I would urge you to re think the whole matter. Google Puppy Farms and you will get an idea of what these little mites go through.:( Hopefully you will take all the really good advice given on here and make the right decision. ;)
Latest post on 16 February 2012 - 22:05
With all respect, I would wait untill you get back from holiday to get the puppies. Or that is what I would have done.
Latest post on 16 February 2012 - 18:09
With respect I'm wondering why you're considering getting the puppies at such an unsettled time holiday wise. Wouldn't it be best to wait until there is time to settle them into your family and home before putting them in kennels?
Latest post on 16 February 2012 - 18:07
I hate to be the only person to say this, but before you even get into kennels, please I hope you're not considering 'buying' these puppies from a pet shop or any of the so called 'breeders' here. :( You're not the only one to think it. xx
Latest post on 16 February 2012 - 18:02
I hate to be the only person to say this, but before you even get into kennels, please I hope you're not considering 'buying' these puppies from a pet shop or any of the so called 'breeders' here.
Latest post on 16 February 2012 - 17:48
Adult dogs in kennels is one thing, puppies is another. I'm going to be brutally honest and ask you to [u'>please[/u'> really think about bringing these puppies into your family now. Especially when they are young, they need stability and their 'family' around them. Chi's are often very nervous little dogs and you may be setting yourself up for disaster. I think it's a little irresponsible to take on such young dogs then leave them for such a long time. Three months is an eternity to them. (different if circumstances change unexpectedly...) If you are determined to take them on, I think the only fair option is to secure boarding in a home, with a family for them and you want to have that sorted before you adopt them. You could take them with you but the flights will be very stressful for them...again, nervous little dogs by nature.
Latest post on 16 February 2012 - 16:42
I use Woof my little girl has been there for 6 months:-( We decided to not take her to Jordan as it would be too difficult to get her to Perth but thankfully we are going next month. I have been back to see her a few times in Dubai and she is fit and healthy and loves it there. You could always go and check the different kennels before making a decision.
Latest post on 16 February 2012 - 15:28
Thank you
Latest post on 16 February 2012 - 15:27
I use Posh Paws. As I say my dog loves it there - been using it for 4 years now...... Do a search for kennels - loads of comments - some good/some bad for each place.
Latest post on 16 February 2012 - 15:24
My dog loves the kennels during holidays.:) Which kennels do you use?
Latest post on 16 February 2012 - 15:22
I don't think you will be able to take them home in the summer as you won't have enough time to get the rabies blood tests done (unless you have already started the process). My dog loves the kennels during holidays.:)
Latest post on 16 February 2012 - 15:15
you could get homely petz - they will also come and take the dogs for a walk in the middle of the day as well.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY