Grade 1 Assessment | ExpatWoman.com

Grade 1 Assessment

Latest post on 29 February 2012 - 10:36
Hi TillyK Thanks a million for your detailed response. Fingers crossed, hoping she clears her assessment. So is your daughter with Regent as well. Wishing her the very best.... Cheers :) You're welcome. I was also really worried before my daughter's assessment so I know how you feel. I'm sure she'll do well and will be offered a place. I have two daughters in Regent and they are both really happy and doing really well. Parts of the school look a bit like a building site right now as they are extending it, but it should all be finished by September.
Latest post on 29 February 2012 - 09:45
Hi TillyK Thanks a million for your detailed response. Fingers crossed, hoping she clears her assessment. So is your daughter with Regent as well. Wishing her the very best.... Cheers :)
Latest post on 28 February 2012 - 14:43
My daughter went for an assessment at Regent for Year 1 (not FS1) last year. We were told the assessment would take 30 minutes but it took 15-20 mins. The school coordinator took her to an assessment room (a very small room with a glass door with just a desk and chairs in it). When it was over we were shown what he'd asked her and the work she did. She was asked to write about a place she had visited and say why she liked that place. She had to do very simple maths adding and subtracting single digit numbers. She was shown pictures of animals and had to say which was lighter/heavier. She also read a short story and he asked her questions about it. My daughter had spelling mistakes and big handwriting, also some of her numbers were the wrong way round but we were told that she did very well and all her mistakes were absolutely normal for her age. As long as your daughter knows the basics that are taught in KG2/FS2 she should be fine, I know they also try to make conversation with children before the assessment starts to see how confident and comfortable they are in the "big school" setting. Good luck
Latest post on 28 February 2012 - 13:41
Hi, My daughter is scheduled for an assessment for Grade 1 at Regent International School for 2012 -2013. Any tips please on what to expect during the assessment. Thanx a ton ..

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY