GEMS Education Dubai
recent threads recent posts Search posts faq rules
Home » Dubai & Northern Emirates » Cookies bags?
Pages: 1

CoffeeGal
Posts 263


18/03/2012 16:04:03
For any of the bakers out there, do you know where I might find clear, celo-type, individual cookies bags? My friend's DS is turning 1 year old and I make these really cute iced-sugar cookies in the shape of birthday cakes so I want to make some and put them in individual bags to bring to the party so that people can take them home. I'm thinking Tavola might have something like this but I'm not sure and I'm 38 weeks pregnant so I'm not up to driving around and around looking.





Daza
Posts 4016


18/03/2012 16:08:12
I tried to find some a while back but couldn't so ended up using small oven bags, cut to size, which worked fine. If you don't mind some pattern, Spinney's have a nice range of clear cookie bags with flowers, stars, animals etc on them.
edited by Daza on 18/03/2012





coco pops
Posts 738


18/03/2012 16:46:14
I found some in Daiso last week at Al Barsha Mall. They are smallish around 17cm by 18cm & they have a little ribbon to tie around it.
I think it was 7 Dhs for a pack of 12.

HTH





Daza
Posts 4016


18/03/2012 17:09:36
Just make sure you check that the bags from Daiso are ok for food. The bags in the food storage area are fine however the bags in the gift bags and boxes area say they aren't to be used for packaging food. Not sure why but not willing to test it out...





CoffeeGal
Posts 263


18/03/2012 17:14:56
I think there is a Daiso at Ibn too, I'll check there and Spinny's when I'm there tomorrow for grocery shopping. Thanks!





Annedxb
Posts 2341


18/03/2012 17:28:50
As an alternative the Glad sandwich bags could also work with a pretty ribbon on it.





malawi70
Posts 45


18/03/2012 17:31:12
Orbis Foods have a variety of these bags with a resealable strip. I think you can drop an email to foods@orbisfoods.com for info...





coco pops
Posts 738


18/03/2012 17:40:02
Daza wrote:
Just make sure you check that the bags from Daiso are ok for food. The bags in the food storage area are fine however the bags in the gift bags and boxes area say they aren't to be used for packaging food. Not sure why but not willing to test it out...


They had a picture of slices of cake on the packaging, so i assume they'll be ok. I've not used them as yet, so I can't really say.





susandiaz
Posts 334


18/03/2012 23:16:24
The Lakeland catalogue has them. 20 dirhams for 100. Maybe call and check before just to be sure





naiyyar
Posts 574


20/06/2012 10:41:03
malawi70 wrote:
Orbis Foods have a variety of these bags with a resealable strip. I think you can drop an email to foods@orbisfoods.com for info...


Hi malawi70, whom to contact for the cookie bags in orbis coz the website dosnt mention anywhere regarding these bags. They only deal coffee.

TIA





Di@DXB
Di@DXB
Posts 3974


20/06/2012 11:24:18
Someone on this recent thread is offering cookie bags too

http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=183134

hth





Di@DXB
Di@DXB
Posts 3974


20/06/2012 11:27:22
naiyyar wrote:
malawi70 wrote:
Orbis Foods have a variety of these bags with a resealable strip. I think you can drop an email to foods@orbisfoods.com for info...


Hi malawi70, whom to contact for the cookie bags in orbis coz the website dosnt mention anywhere regarding these bags. They only deal coffee.

TIA


They do mention the bags on the 'Bespoke' tab, but that's for private labelling orders and would need you to order a minumum number, probably ok if you need lots branded with your logo.
edited by Di@DXB on 20/06/2012





naiyyar
Posts 574


20/06/2012 12:07:13
Got it . Thank u.





Pages: 1
 
Abu Dhabi Dubai Bahrain Kuwait Oman Qatar Saudi Arabia Azerbaijan Singapore Hong Kong Vietnam Site Map

© 2001 - , ExpatWoman.com. All Rights Reserved.