Pancakes and French toast | ExpatWoman.com

Pancakes and French toast

Latest post on 18 March 2012 - 22:45
Thank you I shall try it this weekend and hope for the best!
Latest post on 18 March 2012 - 22:41
Do you mean that you fry it first then dip it in egg and then fry it again? Only if the bread is soft variety which is most often with white bread. I however, dip it then fry it till its goldenbrown and crisp. But gave you the other option in case you were using a softer variety. Its longer but you may probably get it right that way
Latest post on 18 March 2012 - 22:37
Do you mean that you fry it first then dip it in egg and then fry it again?
Latest post on 18 March 2012 - 22:36
Mmmm I love French toast but I always burn it. I must try it with dibis it sounds delicious. The key to making your french toast crispy is to apply a thin layer of butter using a butter knife on both sides of the bread slices. Then, place the two slices of bread on a hot lightly greased pan and wait up to 2 minutes until they are grilled on both sides. This must be done before dipping it into the egg and milk mixture. Use spatula to flip the bread every 30 to 60 seconds, depending on how hot the pan is. Keep doing this until your french toast is as crispy as you'd like it to be.
Latest post on 18 March 2012 - 22:06
Mmmm I love French toast but I always burn it. I must try it with dibis it sounds delicious.
Latest post on 18 March 2012 - 21:57
add a touch of cinnamon and fry in butter for the most divine french toast .. and use Brioche or better still Pannatone .. yum !
Latest post on 18 March 2012 - 21:34
I have recently ( since being introduced to it while in Dubai) started making french toast with Date Sauce instead of syrup and it is outstanding. Just thought I would share our new Family creation. that DOES sound good. What kind of date sauce is it? like date syrup? Dibs? also there is date syrup next to the golden syrup in spinneys. Have you tried Lagaymat? they are divine.
Latest post on 18 March 2012 - 21:29
I have recently ( since being introduced to it while in Dubai) started making french toast with Date Sauce instead of syrup and it is outstanding. Just thought I would share our new Family creation. that DOES sound good. What kind of date sauce is it? like date syrup?
Latest post on 18 March 2012 - 21:28
I have recently ( since being introduced to it while in Dubai) started making french toast with Date Sauce instead of syrup and it is outstanding. Just thought I would share our new Family creation.
Latest post on 18 March 2012 - 21:23
French toast is really really easy to make ....... I second that, ridiculously easy, as easy as frying an eggy piece of bread ;)
Latest post on 18 March 2012 - 21:13
French toast is really really easy to make .......
Latest post on 18 March 2012 - 21:12
Does anybody know where you can get pancakes and/or French toast at this time of night or later.... Realllyy craving them and would like to get some.... TIA

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY