s Dubai & Northern Emirates-Which countrys cuisine and what is your favourite food
More
Hide

Which countrys cuisine and what is your favourite food

66
Posts

Latest post on 2012/04/16 at 01:03:30
Hey ladies

I am wondering what your favourite cuisine and from which country?

I am arranging an event for some expats from Dubai including some locals and want to do a variety of food..what foods are usually a hit?

Any feedback appreciated!

Ta
480
Posts

Latest post on 2012/04/16 at 01:18:19
Favourite foods would have to be Italian (anything; pasta, fish, meat) and Sri Lankan curries.

However, as you will have 'locals' at the event you will have to ensure that dishes contain nothing that contain alcohol or pork (or as I picked up in another recent thread about frogs' legs, anything which lives in two worlds which could also include crab as they also live in and above water as do frogs).
3120
Posts

Latest post on 2012/04/16 at 02:20:18
Recently filled in a questionnaire about the" number of countries you have visited" and was amazed to find out that I have been to 48!!!! Remember all of them with great affection and as a lover of food, have enjoyed everything I have tried (apart from veal's brain from France, sea cucumber from Malaysia and mussels from anywhere!) As much as I have so enjoyed delicious food from every country I have had the priviledge of visiting, I still drool over Aberdeen Angus steak, Scottish smoked salmon, venison, stovies, rollmop herring and gorgeous giant prawns caught off the coast of the Hebridean Islands. Cullen Skink (a smoked haddock based soup from the town of Cullen) makes my teeth water!! In other words, the fine foods to be found in Scotland are my favourite. Don't believe all you hear about Scottish food! The good stuff is fab!
3835
Posts

Latest post on 2012/04/16 at 07:22:24
oh great, what time should we come by? no seriously--love Lebanese barbecue, and cold mezze dishes. I can't seem to get tired of them! Also a sucker for curry dishes Joyce, I took that quiz also and came up with a miserable number. I did do okay on the 100 foods list--I bet you would probably get all 100!
11755
Posts

Latest post on 2012/04/16 at 10:24:12
My all-time favorite cuisine is Indian and my all-time favorite dish is paneer tikka masala. It is a good choice for vegetarians.
918
Posts

Latest post on 2012/04/16 at 10:29:50
for me Lebanese all of it include sweet >> Italian (pasta -Piazza ) >> some pick of Jordan cuisine (mansaff ) kind of rice cooked with meat >> i am not much into spicy or other food
4756
Posts

Latest post on 2012/04/16 at 10:30:28
LOVE South American food!
1358
Posts

Latest post on 2012/04/16 at 10:36:33
debliz wrote:
Favourite foods would have to be Italian (anything; pasta, fish, meat) and Sri Lankan curries.

However, as you will have 'locals' at the event you will have to ensure that dishes contain nothing that contain alcohol or pork (or as I picked up in another recent thread about frogs' legs, anything which lives in two worlds which could also include crab as they also live in and above water as do frogs).


There is a debate about seafood being halal or not; and this depends on what school you follow - most Muslims in the UAE believe that all food from the sea is halal unless it has been specified as being Harram as have turtles and frogs.

Probably best not to jump to conclusions with regarding to what is halal / harram without doing some research.
3120
Posts

Latest post on 2012/04/16 at 12:01:59
Beebers wrote:
oh great, what time should we come by? no seriously--love Lebanese barbecue, and cold mezze dishes. I can't seem to get tired of them! Also a sucker for curry dishes Joyce, I took that quiz also and came up with a miserable number. I did do okay on the 100 foods list--I bet you would probably get all 100!


Yep, did the food one too and got 53. Some I'd never heard of and some just didn't look or sound appetising!
956
Posts

Latest post on 2012/04/16 at 12:30:07
angelinaballerina wrote:
debliz wrote:
Favourite foods would have to be Italian (anything; pasta, fish, meat) and Sri Lankan curries.

However, as you will have 'locals' at the event you will have to ensure that dishes contain nothing that contain alcohol or pork (or as I picked up in another recent thread about frogs' legs, anything which lives in two worlds which could also include crab as they also live in and above water as do frogs).


There is a debate about seafood being halal or not; and this depends on what school you follow - most Muslims in the UAE believe that all food from the sea is halal unless it has been specified as being Harram as have turtles and frogs.

Probably best not to jump to conclusions with regarding to what is halal / harram without doing some research.



anything that comes from the sea is Halal - frogs legs are classed as Makroor ( ie not halal not haram)


Moving on i have to say Iranian food is my fav
589
Posts

Latest post on 2012/04/16 at 13:19:55
Thai, Chinese and Italian...yum....
3835
Posts

Latest post on 2012/04/16 at 17:18:16
JoyceB wrote:
Beebers wrote:
oh great, what time should we come by? no seriously--love Lebanese barbecue, and cold mezze dishes. I can't seem to get tired of them! Also a sucker for curry dishes Joyce, I took that quiz also and came up with a miserable number. I did do okay on the 100 foods list--I bet you would probably get all 100!


Yep, did the food one too and got 53. Some I'd never heard of and some just didn't look or sound appetising!


No kidding! My husband and I took it--I was proud to get 77, but kind of grossed out when he got almost 90 :/ yukkkkkk lol
And thanks to this thread, I have been craving curry all day!!!!
9925
Posts

Latest post on 2012/04/16 at 18:52:08
Thai, hands down. I could eat it every day of the week.
7727
Posts

Latest post on 2012/04/16 at 19:12:32
Good, old-fashioned French food - can't beat steack frites!
232
Posts

Latest post on 2012/04/16 at 19:15:29
I love Thai food - I cook it almost every night.
7026
Posts

Latest post on 2012/04/16 at 23:10:00
Persian cusine is very popular among the locals.
127
Posts

Latest post on 2012/04/17 at 00:05:37
Thai, Italian, Indian/Pakistani

Yummm!!!
232
Posts

Latest post on 2012/04/17 at 00:08:18
Italian and arabic!
1904
Posts

Latest post on 2012/04/17 at 02:21:25
English roast beef, yorkies and buckets of gravey..... sooo hungry
just thinking about it !
edited by Nomad on 17/04/2012

    Pages: 1





 

On ExpatWoman Today

WIN an AED 1,500 Beauty Treatment Voucher from Dr. Al Rustom

WIN an AED 1,500 Beauty Treatment Voucher from Dr. Al Rustom

Working in Dubai: Discover What It

Working in Dubai: Discover What It's Really Like at Our Event

Come to the Upcoming ExpatWoman Living in Dubai 2017 Event

Come to the Upcoming ExpatWoman Living in Dubai 2017 Event

Tips for Preventing Fires in High-Rise Buildings

Tips For Preventing Fires In High-Rise Buildings...

5 Things You Need To Know When Applying for UK Spouse Visa

5 Things You Need To Know When Applying For UK Spouse Visa...

Relationship Between Body Mass Index and Heart Disease

Relationship Between Body Mass Index And Heart Disease...

How You Can Reclaim Your Life Back From Infertility

How You Can Reclaim Your Life Back From Infertility...

The Process of Rising Strong After an Infertile Fall

The Process Of Rising Strong After An Infertile Fall...

Benefits that the UAE Government Offers to Electric Vehicle Buyer

Benefits That The UAE Government Offers To Electric Vehicle Buyer...

Will Insurance Cover Medication Errors in the UAE?

Will Insurance Cover Medication Errors In The UAE?...

5 Oral Healthcare Tips for Pregnant Mothers

5 Oral Healthcare Tips For Pregnant Mothers...

Here

Here's How Your Child Can Win AED 20,000!...

Valuing and Developing Children’s Creativity at Monroe’s Nursery

Valuing And Developing Children’S Creativity At Monroe’S Nursery...

Dr. Michael’s Dental Clinic in DHCC Welcomes New General Dentist

Dr. Michael’S Dental Clinic In DHCC Welcomes New General Dentist...

Reclaim Your Garden from the Desert

Reclaim Your Garden From The Desert...

Offer: Vitamin D Check-up with Doctor

Offer: Vitamin D Check-up with Doctor's Consultation for AED199 O...

First Aid Kits: You Will Need These Items in Case of Emergency

First Aid Kits: You Will Need These Items In Case Of Emergency...

Spin King Ravichandran Ashwin Partners with Kings

Spin King Ravichandran Ashwin Partners With Kings' Schools...

What You Need to Know About Breast Augmentation

What You Need To Know About Breast Augmentation ...

All You Need to Know About Areola Pigmentation

All You Need To Know About Areola Pigmentation...

Are You Looking to Set up Your E-Commerce Business?

Are You Looking To Set Up Your E-Commerce Business?...

4 Things to Consider When Choosing a Reliable Removal Company

4 Things To Consider When Choosing A Reliable Removal Company...

Summer Safety Tips: How To Protect Your Children During Summer

Summer Safety Tips: How To Protect Your Children During Summer...

Injectable Aesthetic Treatments: What They Are & What To Know

Injectable Aesthetic Treatments: What They Are & What To Know ...

5 Pieces of Advice on How to Cope With Driving in Dubai

5 Pieces Of Advice On How To Cope With Driving In Dubai...

Infertile Coffee: The Effects of Coffee If You

Infertile Coffee: The Effects of Coffee If You're Trying to Conce...

How to Be Happy Around Kids If You’re Struggling to Conceive Your Own

How to Be Happy Around Kids If You’re Struggling to Conceive Your...

Consultant Periodontist Joins Dr. Michael’s Dental Clinic

Consultant Periodontist Joins Dr. Michael’S Dental Clinic...

Important Nutrients and Diet Tips for Healthy Male Fertility

Important Nutrients And Diet Tips For Healthy Male Fertility...

Review: Relaxing Candle Massage at Royal Retreat Spa

Review: Relaxing Candle Massage At Royal Retreat Spa...

Is Candy the Sole Cause of Tooth Decay?

Is Candy The Sole Cause Of Tooth Decay?...

Client Testimonial: Mauled Arm Saved From Amputation

Client Testimonial: Mauled Arm Saved From Amputation...

Polish National Opera to Perform at Dubai Opera Early Next Year

Polish National Opera To Perform At Dubai Opera Early Next Year...

Kärcher Pressure Washer: Putting Science to Work

Kärcher Pressure Washer: Putting Science To Work...

Car Maintenance Tips for a Long Summer Season in the UAE

Car Maintenance Tips For A Long Summer Season In The UAE...

How to Get Your Body Back After Baby Delivery

How To Get Your Body Back After Baby Delivery...

How to Prepare Your Child for Nursery School

How To Prepare Your Child For Nursery School...

7 Challenges When Relocating with Children

7 Challenges When Relocating With Children...

Top 4 First Aid Skills That You Need to Learn

Top 4 First Aid Skills That You Need To Learn...

Refresh Your Knowledge at Superior Minds!

Refresh Your Knowledge At Superior Minds!...

Get Rid of Your Stubborn Fat with Aqualyx Injection Treatment

Get Rid Of Your Stubborn Fat With Aqualyx Injection Treatment...

Why New Mothers Need to Know About Manzil

Why New Mothers Need to Know About Manzil's 'Mother & Baby' progr...

What You Need to Do When Spinal Deformities Strike Without Notice

What You Need To Do When Spinal Deformities Strike Without Notice...

Main Menu   Sites
DubaiDubai
Sign in to your account
Username:
Password:
Remember me?
Forgot Password? Join
Sign in to your account Close window Username: Password: 0 Users Currently Online