House on sale and rent | ExpatWoman.com

House on sale and rent

Latest post on 19 April 2012 - 11:38

The house we are renting is now on sale and rent. I am trying to do my best for the visits but it starting to be quite annoying to have visitors so often. What does the law say about it in the UAE ? We will be leaving in 3 months and i think that the owner could have wait at least 2 more months to put the house on the market. TIA

Latest post on 21 April 2012 - 19:46
ours got put up for sale last November and so far i've shown 2 people round !! You must have scared them away!! LOL !! yes well i am pretty scarey !! i don't get why people object to this - if your landlord needs to sell, is it really such a hardship to let prospective buyers view ? As long as you make it clear to the agent however long notice you require etc...i don't think it's an unreasonable request... I agree, it is an inconvenience but all part of the joys (or not) of renting :)
Latest post on 21 April 2012 - 17:19
it is very annoying after a while, initially we were okay about it, and of course it be better not to stand in the way of the home owner, it is their property and they do have a right to sell it. Our rented house was sold last November, and between Sept and Oct we had many viewings, some coming back several times. It is NOT the tenants job to sell the house, however tenants often feel they must have their home clean and tidy for the viewings, I just did the first viewing with each agent and then thereafter let them show the house, but what annoyed me more than anything was the 'chat' prospectives wanted to have with us about the conditions of the TA. Anyway we have a new LL and they have been very attentive, but they are moving in this July so I expect that is why.
Latest post on 21 April 2012 - 15:04
ours got put up for sale last November and so far i've shown 2 people round !! You must have scared them away!! LOL !! yes well i am pretty scarey !! i don't get why people object to this - if your landlord needs to sell, is it really such a hardship to let prospective buyers view ? As long as you make it clear to the agent however long notice you require etc...i don't think it's an unreasonable request...
Latest post on 21 April 2012 - 10:36
Who'd be a landlord in Dubai eh?
Latest post on 21 April 2012 - 08:47
This happened to us and it was really getting on my nerves. So in the end I told the landlord viewings were only available 2 days of the week for one hour only and anyone who showed up at the door I referred them to the agent.
Latest post on 21 April 2012 - 06:23
ours got put up for sale last November and so far i've shown 2 people round !! You must have scared them away!!
Latest post on 21 April 2012 - 01:50
ours got put up for sale last November and so far i've shown 2 people round !! Where do you live?? Arabian Ranches
Latest post on 21 April 2012 - 00:33
ours got put up for sale last November and so far i've shown 2 people round !! Where do you live??
Latest post on 20 April 2012 - 21:49
ours got put up for sale last November and so far i've shown 2 people round !!
Latest post on 19 April 2012 - 13:37
Next time buyers come round - just give them a huge list of structural problems / issues with the house.... am sure that this will get back to LL and the viewings will stop. :D
Latest post on 19 April 2012 - 13:31
Thank you for your reply. Let's hope that the house will be sold soon.
Latest post on 19 April 2012 - 11:44
You do not have to show people around. I would contact your LL and come to an agreement of perhaps a set day/morning for viewings. If its getting too much you don't have to do it at all.
Latest post on 19 April 2012 - 11:44
We have had this before. Each time I had to go around locking all the animals and valuables away, securing the safety gates as they wandered around and left them opened. So many turned up without an appointment, I would be fuming. Got to stage a disabled the door bell. I believe it says you have to be 'reasonable' and they have to give you 'reasonable' notice. At the end of the day if you aren't there they cant view. I would tell the agents a certain time an afternoon or two a week and thats it. Totally unreasonable on my part, but my sanity was more important!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY