Jumeirah Baccalaureate School and Jumeirah Childrens garden Nursery? | ExpatWoman.com

Jumeirah Baccalaureate School and Jumeirah Childrens garden Nursery?

Latest post on 11 April 2017 - 18:03
Hi, here are my thoughts on Jumeriah Bacaluareate school - and why it was not for us - although there are many pluses and I don't want to dissuade you - but just to inform so you can make the right decision for you. These are the reasons we decided against JBS. Firstly, it's at least 50% Arab, we wanted a more mixed school, the French program has been cut down which is important to us, and finally, my kids are very sporty and I may be wrong - but I got the feeling that the PE department is not as strong as other schools.
Latest post on 18 February 2011 - 14:39
Hi, I would like to hear also
Latest post on 07 February 2011 - 22:47
a lot of Emiratis i know who had problems with Latifa being filled are sending thier daughters to JBS. It has one of the higher ratio's of Emiratis there according to a teacher I have not been to Repton carpark so i cannot comment on that
Latest post on 07 February 2011 - 22:32
I thought you may come back with repton....but I said as a proportion, I don't think it would have the most - as it is still a tiny school, but as a proportion
Latest post on 07 February 2011 - 21:57
I would say they have attracted a higher percentage of both emirati families, as well as other educated/westernized? Arab families. They want a good education and JBS marketed JBS themselves as having a strong focus on Arabic. In the carpark, they had I would say a much higher proportion of single and double digit number plates thAn any other western school.... With that comes an attitude of expecting things to go their way......how the school manages that would in interesting..... Have you been in the Repton car park???? honestly I think more and more emiratis are enrolling at many more schools than they ever used to.
Latest post on 07 February 2011 - 21:29
ANYONE at all out there have any experience of JBS? Noone has an opinion or an experience with this school? edited by breige on 24/11/2010 This is my issue with the school, it is so new that I cannot get any feedback and it will probly have many growing pains. Interesting was to hear about several Emirati's enrolling thier children there Why is that interesting - surely several Emiratis enrol their children at most of the schools here..... yes, just seems a larger percentage at JBS
Latest post on 07 February 2011 - 20:39
JBS is a Taaleem School so perhaps you could ask some other Taaleem parents how their "other" schools function and then perhaps it might give you a slightly better insight into how the Taaleem schools operate, relate to parents and how the Curriculum's at each of the schools are implemented. Maybe some Greenfield Community School parents could give a few tips given that that school is also an IB Curriculum. Just an idea! SH
Latest post on 07 February 2011 - 20:29
I would say they have attracted a higher percentage of both emirati families, as well as other educated/westernized? Arab families. They want a good education and JBS marketed JBS themselves as having a strong focus on Arabic. In the carpark, they had I would say a much higher proportion of single and double digit number plates thAn any other western school.... With that comes an attitude of expecting things to go their way......how the school manages that would in interesting.....
Latest post on 07 February 2011 - 20:05
ANYONE at all out there have any experience of JBS? Noone has an opinion or an experience with this school? edited by breige on 24/11/2010 This is my issue with the school, it is so new that I cannot get any feedback and it will probly have many growing pains. Interesting was to hear about several Emirati's enrolling thier children there Why is that interesting - surely several Emiratis enrol their children at most of the schools here.....
Latest post on 07 February 2011 - 14:15
ANYONE at all out there have any experience of JBS? Noone has an opinion or an experience with this school? edited by breige on 24/11/2010 This is my issue with the school, it is so new that I cannot get any feedback and it will probly have many growing pains. Interesting was to hear about several Emirati's enrolling thier children there
Latest post on 06 February 2011 - 19:40
DS attended Childrens Garden in Green Community. Best thing I did was to pull him out. I think on the whole the school is good but I just experienced not very good teachers for DS. I actually also know of several people who have really not liked Children's Garden GC and as a result pulled their kids out! It just goes to show what suits some doesn't suit others and that each and every person has a different opinion to what matters for their children and the certain styles/methods of teaching that is of value to them. SH
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 06 February 2011 - 10:34
DS attended Childrens Garden in Green Community. Best thing I did was to pull him out. I think on the whole the school is good but I just experienced not very good teachers for DS.
Latest post on 06 February 2011 - 02:06
Hi - my 3yrd old goes to London & Paris in Jumeirah at the mo and we are thinking of enrolling him into Jumeirah Bac this autumn - any mums out there with experience or comments on this school? We were quite impressed but would love to hear views from others as I just don't have much experience of other schools - thanks:)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY