Wall-to-wall carpet | ExpatWoman.com

Wall-to-wall carpet

Latest post on 08 January 2011 - 10:59
Hi m_king We ended up buying fitted carpets for our kids rooms from a shop called the Bride Of Nomadism in Satwa. They have various quality carpets - we ended up buying American ones which were lovely and soft and have worn really well a year down the line. I much prefer them to the tiles that were there before. If you type fitted carpets into the search engine, it will bring up my thread and someone has kindly given directions to the shop on there. Hope that helps!
Latest post on 08 January 2011 - 09:03
yes, I was thinking about the mats too. I already have them in her play area but might just get more for her room. Although, I can't help thinking that carpeting is better because with the mats, it's hard to get around some bits of furniture and you can't really put the furniture on them because then it can't be moved without leaving huge dents. And I think that as long as it's vacuumed regularly and well, it should be ok. Thanks to all for the replies in any case. <em>edited by m_king on 08/01/2011</em>
Latest post on 07 January 2011 - 08:52
how about putting those sq soft matts for kids..they link together and they will custom fit it into a room.....grt for where the lo s play and when your lo gets bigger you can put them outside. Carpet is awful they reccommend that you shouldnt put it in lo s rooms due to allergys, asthma etc.
Latest post on 07 January 2011 - 08:30
Carpetland has wall-to-wall and the local curtain/furniture shops (that make custom made curtains, Arabic furniture, etc) also will install and I've heard Dragonmart as well. I've done wall-to-wall in my chidren's rooms and I much prefer it to the bare floor or area rugs/carpet. Perhaps because I prefer or find it easier to vacuum the dust than sweep it!
Latest post on 07 January 2011 - 04:01
Perhaps Dragon Mart. What our dilemmas it has been a blessing in disguise. We mean it
Latest post on 06 January 2011 - 22:31
with the amount of dust that the homes have here, I would never do wall to wall carpeting, especially in a toddlers room.
Latest post on 06 January 2011 - 22:20
You could try Ramez in Sharjah, they are well known for their carpet prices, they even beat Home Center.
Latest post on 06 January 2011 - 18:24
Can anyone tell me where to find wall to wall carpeting? I want to carpet my 1 year old's room before moving her into it and haven't found a reasonably priced rug that's large enough to cover the main space. Best I found was at IKEA and it's almost Dhs 1000 for a synthetic thing that isn't quite as large as I would have liked (just want the bare tile covered so she doesn't hurt herself if she falls or whatever) Thanks

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY