Which caterer- Lime Tree or Marta's kitchen or??? | ExpatWoman.com

Which caterer- Lime Tree or Marta's kitchen or???

Latest post on 15 January 2011 - 19:49

Was all set to go with Marta's kitchen after recs on EW threads, but I thought I'd check out Lime Tree, which I always thought was going to be ridiculously expensive, but turns out it's not so bad- has anyone used both and found one better than the other? Are there any other reasonable caterers that I'm missing out on?

I've got a casual get together with about 30 kids/adults - normally I would have just done the finger foods myself, but was sick this weekend and wasn't able to do the shopping/prep work that I wanted to...

Latest post on 18 January 2011 - 01:31
Madras Kitchen definitely. Have heard wonderful things about their service and food
Latest post on 17 January 2011 - 20:40
Marta's it is then- thanks for the suggestions!
Latest post on 17 January 2011 - 10:53
Marta's Kitchen provides very personalized service and an affordable full service catering. One of my favourites caterers in Dubai.
Latest post on 17 January 2011 - 09:23
I read somewhere, i think it was here that chefathome no longer works. Dish is for 40 pax or over. I like Maria Bonita if you like Mexican! MArta´s Kitchen is great for canapes and for more sophisticated dinners, and the price is quite reasonable i find.
Latest post on 17 January 2011 - 09:04
Dish are supposed to be great http://www.dish.ae/eng/menus Others have recommended recently Yes Chef There's a lady who does amazing canapes called maid from scratch There's a guy also who will come and cook - http://www.chefathome.net/
Latest post on 17 January 2011 - 07:46
The One (as in the furniture store) have a cafe and they do catering and its fab. Also you could try Maria Bonita (a perennial favourite of EW'ers). Personally my favourite is Appetite. Suzie is excellent. Good luck.
Latest post on 17 January 2011 - 01:32
Thanks ladies, are there no other home-based caterers out there?
Latest post on 15 January 2011 - 20:14
Not used Marta, but have had LimeTree for corporate catering several times and was very pleased with it. The tiny carrot cakes were really popular, you might have to order extra of those :-)
Latest post on 15 January 2011 - 19:52
not used them myself but have been to parties where both have done the catering and I personally thought Marta had the edge. edited to add they catered different parties - sounds like they both catered the same party which is not what I meant! <em>edited by Clairehdp on 15/01/2011</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY