Quick question: Furnished villas in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Quick question: Furnished villas in Dubai

Latest post on 16 January 2011 - 04:30

How common are these in the Dubai expat communities such as AR, both Greens Communities, The Springs, Victory Heights, Sports City, Motor City, etc? Or are they rare?

Many thanks

Latest post on 16 January 2011 - 09:56
Usually companies will put families in a furnished apartment for a month or until container arrives at the companies expense...
Latest post on 16 January 2011 - 09:25
Hmm, thanks, all helpful. Ikea...I can do that. No point in shipping white goods out from the home country, I guess, since you'd need them as soon as you arrive rather than a month or so later in a container. That's starting to sound expensive! On the other hand, you could find yourself spending at least a month in an hotel or apartment suite whilst you're trying to find a place and settle the contract, depending..
Latest post on 16 January 2011 - 09:01
Hmm, thanks, all helpful. Ikea...I can do that. No point in shipping white goods out from the home country, I guess, since you'd need them as soon as you arrive rather than a month or so later in a container. That's starting to sound expensive!
Latest post on 16 January 2011 - 08:57
All the furnished villas I have seen here in DXB are very very expensive. To be honest it isnt something I would recommend for a long period of time. Huge problems with landlords here anyway getting the full deposit back and if you have kids, just the normal wear and tear on the furniture will give them just the excuse not too pay your deposit. I agree with CP, much easier to get what you want from Ikea, Home Centre, Pan Emirates (all cheap enough) and then sell when you leave. Also there are classified ads on here, gulf news and dubizzle. Good luck.
Latest post on 16 January 2011 - 08:13
Cornish Pixie knows what she speaks of! I wish I was using your services, our current relocation person (who was appointed through work) is a nightmare. I've been here in Dubai for a week and he's such a loser. He keeps talking to my chest and ignores everything I tell him I want. Can't you get a quote from CP, see how it compares to your current guy and if it compares well, tell your co you'd like CP instead? You've mentioned this relocation person before, as useless, haven't you? Oh, and welcome to Dubai - is the whole family with you or are you on a reccy?
Latest post on 16 January 2011 - 08:09
Cornish Pixie knows what she speaks of! I wish I was using your services, our current relocation person (who was appointed through work) is a nightmare. I've been here in Dubai for a week and he's such a loser. He keeps talking to my chest and ignores everything I tell him I want.
Latest post on 16 January 2011 - 07:48
What a lot of people do is rent unfurnished and then buy a houseful of furniture from Ikea (or somewhere similar) and then sell it all when they leave. You do quite often see second hand furniture for sale on the supermarket notice boards and it often looks almost new. Also bear in mind that very few villas come with white goods or curtains so budget these into your financial equations too!
Latest post on 16 January 2011 - 07:15
Rare, and even rarer with decent furniture! I was worried about that. I have seen one online in all my lurking and there is no way I would want to live in it.
Latest post on 16 January 2011 - 06:52
When we were looking around last October, we were shown these quite often in Springs/Meadows, though we hadn't asked to see them. The ones we saw were just not to our taste, so we didn't even consider them.
Latest post on 16 January 2011 - 06:13
Rare, and even rarer with decent furniture!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY