New Nail bar/spa in Motorcity | ExpatWoman.com

New Nail bar/spa in Motorcity

Latest post on 26 January 2011 - 16:14

Does anyone know what its like? Its between Spinneys Motorcity and Victory Heights at the bottom of one of the tall apartment blocks on the right side of the road (if AR is behind you). There are lots of flags outside it says nails, spa etc. I am desperate to find a great beauty salon close to home, does anyone know what this ones like? I would have stopped but had a car full of children so had no time... but please girls if you have any information on this place can you let me know! Thanks.

Latest post on 09 February 2016 - 21:27
The other day I went to Gladys Salon in MC to see about getting mani/pedi and to ask about Gelish type longer wearing polish (since I'd seen recommendations on here for them). The ladies were not at all helpful, couldn't be bothered to explain to me the differences in the nail treatments - I'm a newbie to regular nail care so really don't know the difference. I left and decided to forget it, but as I did the turnaround to head home to MC Green Community I noticed the flag/sign saying Chi was opened! I also use the Aussie hairdresser and had forgotten that it was opening - pulled in and the place is beautiful!!! Very "zen" inside - much more relaxing atmosphere than I'd seen at Gladys...and lucky for me the hairstylist was at the desk! I had a Gelish manicure/regular pedi - and the service was really great, the girls were fantastic...and cost was reasonable! I enjoyed it so much I am treating my daughters tomorrow to an "end of school year" mani/pedi before we head back to Canada! I went a couple of times to Glady's Motor City Branch and, for a small neighborhood one, it offered pretty decent services, not great nor bad...just little below average...More than a year ago, at the end of November 2014, I went as usual, with my 3 years old DD for a haircut, I also had a haircut and eyebrows shaping and color. Her haircut was extremely bad...since that time I tried different salons and none of them could repair the damage...I have no idea how things could have gone sooo wrong, since then my DD hair lost its brightness..However, the thing which bothered me the most and made me stop going there was the way the staff handled the whole story..When I returned, after less than 3 weeks, as my kids were sick and my DH just had an ACL rupture just at the beginning of Dec 2014, I was told that I have to pay again 40 AED, the cost of her haircut...I leave tips of this amount, so the small amount I was being asked was not a big issue, but the fact that I felt ripped off, she was a 3 year old kid...and obviously I was not trying to get a service for free...Even when I talked with the manager over the phone, her major concern was to punish one of her employees instead of showing some customer service skills and try to fix my issue...Even if there was a time frame of which I was not aware of, come on, a small haircut for a 3 years old..Maybe there is a cultural gap, but from where I come from(EU) a situation like that would have been sorted out with apologies and another haircut...
Latest post on 22 June 2011 - 09:28
The other day I went to Gladys Salon in MC to see about getting mani/pedi and to ask about Gelish type longer wearing polish (since I'd seen recommendations on here for them). The ladies were not at all helpful, couldn't be bothered to explain to me the differences in the nail treatments - I'm a newbie to regular nail care so really don't know the difference. I left and decided to forget it, but as I did the turnaround to head home to MC Green Community I noticed the flag/sign saying Chi was opened! I also use the Aussie hairdresser and had forgotten that it was opening - pulled in and the place is beautiful!!! Very "zen" inside - much more relaxing atmosphere than I'd seen at Gladys...and lucky for me the hairstylist was at the desk! I had a Gelish manicure/regular pedi - and the service was really great, the girls were fantastic...and cost was reasonable! I enjoyed it so much I am treating my daughters tomorrow to an "end of school year" mani/pedi before we head back to Canada!
Latest post on 21 June 2011 - 22:38
Couldn't find the thread from a few days ago on Chi Spa so posting on this instead! Had a gelish mani and pedi there today and it was brilliant! Really pleased and relaxed after the fab foot/leg massage I had too! Place is lovely and the girls were so nice and very professional. Will definitely be going back again. :)
Latest post on 02 February 2011 - 15:05
Thanks SamD, now I know exactly where you mean and who you mean!!! :), yes should be nice!
Latest post on 02 February 2011 - 11:09
Forgive me for not knowing the names of various roads etc. If y'all know where Spinneys is in Motor City, then you're set. Starting out from there, facing Emirates road direction, turn left (yes, you'll have to do a u-turn), and head down the road as if you're going to drive all the way to sports city/victory heights. Just after the Dubai Autodrome, on your right, is a short tower block with a beautiful statue store in the front. The Chi flags should be fluttering there anyway. Chi is on the side street entrance of that tower block. Still at fit out stage though, you'll have to hang out a little longer. :( Not even close on the initials Jules LC, sorry! This lady is Australian. She is a great hairdresser - had to contain my laughter at a Christmas party last year when a lady I had given her details to about 6 months ago started holding court on this fantastic hairdresser SHE had discovered. :) I was just happy Aussie had sorted out this lady's colour and kept my mouth shut :)
Latest post on 02 February 2011 - 09:27
Where is the Chi salon going to be? I couldnt see where it could be when i drove past the other day....Sam D i think we need more details please..the hairdresser wouldnt be a certain lady by the initials of MD would it?? we'd love a decent hair salon over this way!!!
Latest post on 02 February 2011 - 09:24
Does anyone know if the ladies Charactere salon cuts little girls hair and does anyone have a contact number?
Latest post on 29 January 2011 - 09:50
I have to say, I have been putnoff going to beauty lab from some of the postsnon EW but I went the other day band had a fantastic facial and cut and colour. They have a new manager who is a Brit and seems to know her onions... Their prices are incredibly reasonable as well...
Latest post on 29 January 2011 - 09:17
Thank you SamD! So exciting, I cant wait for that to open. Could you please keep us updated if you hear any more news? thanks again. <em>edited by Ilovechoos on 29/01/2011</em>
Latest post on 29 January 2011 - 08:32
It IS Chi Spa and it is going to be gorgeous! Had a poke round there on Thursday morning, courtesy of one of the owners. It is a collaboration between a very stylish hairdresser who has her own business elsewhere and another woman who has long experience here in the nail business. I know it is going to do Gelish and essie products but don't know exactly how long before it opens. Should be good though, I know this lady's standards from the hairdressing side and she's pretty demanding. (In a Good Way). ;) So keep an eye out, I'm sure they will have signs up when they open.
Latest post on 29 January 2011 - 00:05
Hi Sarah, I live in Motor City and read some of your recent posts and was wondering if you want to have coffee sometime. My e-mail is [email protected].
Latest post on 26 January 2011 - 18:33
Hello Ladies. I live at Motorcity and i think the spa is called Chi Spa? Not open as yet but signs are up to say opening soon so fingers crossed. Its only a walk across the road for me so yey, not to sure DH would agree lol. Charactere not open yet also, going to be spoilt for choice.:)
Latest post on 26 January 2011 - 17:40
there was already a charactere there for men and kids right? That's where we take our little boy for his haircuts and success everytime. Hope the ladies one will be awesome so I don't have to go far for my hair to be done. Yes the mens one is really good! My son loves getting his hair done there and they always do a good job of my husband. I just hope the ladies one is as good, I need a good blowdry!
Latest post on 26 January 2011 - 17:35
there was already a charactere there for men and kids right? That's where we take our little boy for his haircuts and success everytime. Hope the ladies one will be awesome so I don't have to go far for my hair to be done.
Latest post on 26 January 2011 - 16:42
I had a bad eyebrow experience in Beauty Lab, will never go back there ever again..... it literally took 2 months for my eyebrows to return to normal. I am hoping that Charactere will offer killer blow drys, and the other salon further down the road will be nice nails, facials and spa treatments. Am keeping my fingers crossed!!
Latest post on 26 January 2011 - 16:35
oooooh no - not seen it - I'd love to know too...... I saw they were opening another beauty place near the party shop - Charactere ladies beauty salon - would be interested in feedback on that too if anyone has been there yet as I won't use the Beauty Lab after having an infected finger after a manicure there.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY