Shipping company from Dubai to Hong Kong | ExpatWoman.com

Shipping company from Dubai to Hong Kong

Latest post on 30 January 2011 - 09:51

We are moving to Hong Kong in March and would really appreciate if anyone can recommend a good shipping company to move personal belongings from Dubai to Hong Kong.
Any opinion on Allied Pickfords?
Thanks

Latest post on 09 February 2011 - 22:19
Try Move One, they'll get you a quote in a couple days...Santa Fe does specialize in moves to Asia, though I don't know how good they are. Good luck!
Latest post on 30 January 2011 - 22:27
one of the best moving companies is Global relocations they are highly reccomended
Latest post on 30 January 2011 - 21:41
Dillon. I did have children in school there.The British curriculum schools are the ESF - website www.esf.edu.hk. They are fee paying schools that conform to the British curriculum.Native English speaking children have first priority. The problem you might have is that they are zoned, so for example we lived on The Peak and the children went to The Peak School. If you don't know where you are living you might have a problem. Some of the areas are harder to get into the ESF schools, so you might want to make enquiries as to which areas have more availability in the schools before you commit to renting in any spot. (Sneaky tip- people used to rent serviced apartments in areas where they wanted the children to enrol. Don't know if the ESF have wised up to this??) If I can help with anything else let me know.
Latest post on 30 January 2011 - 21:16
We are using Pack n Move for relo to Oman, but I know they do further relocations as well. We used them on our last move as well and they were very very competitive and great service. nothing broken (5 bedrooms!)
Latest post on 30 January 2011 - 21:14
Many thanks for the info. Our Company has suggested Santa Fe relocation company but have never heard of them. Has anybody use them in the past and if so , how were they? Question for Mejane: Do you have children and if so, how did you get them into school in Hong Kong, we understand that they all have waiting list which is no use if you are outside Hong Kong and therefore outside the Hong kong education system. Does anybody has any advice on how to get in to the British Curriculum system? Thanks in advance.
Latest post on 30 January 2011 - 18:16
Crown is a good option. Their corporate HQ is in HK and they moved us in and out of HK.
Latest post on 30 January 2011 - 18:14
Personal recomendation for DBAS and Crown. Both excellent for local and International moves.
Latest post on 30 January 2011 - 11:04
PHhoned Allied pickfords for a quote a month ago.....still waiting....highly recommend Global Pack they have moved us 3 times TEL: 04 885 0566 FAX: 04 885 2620 EMAIL: [email protected]
Latest post on 30 January 2011 - 10:37
I wouldn't use them again even if they did it for free. Calls not answered, emails not answered, never came back to finish assembly of items, damaged goods including antiques and they lost parts to our ridiculously expensive bed (they nailed it together without telling us and it collapsed in the night!!!!). I'd try a more local smaller firm that actually cares about its customers.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY