Smokey eye | ExpatWoman.com

Smokey eye

Latest post on 30 January 2011 - 16:10

How do you create a smokey eye (make up effect) do you use a really dark grey eye shadow or is it more of a black colour?

Latest post on 31 January 2011 - 11:38
Have a look at Lauren Luke smokey eyes on Youtube
Latest post on 31 January 2011 - 11:34
Try INGOT at Ibn Battuta. there is BOGOF in the Entertainer body book or Go to Bobbi Brown, it costs 500aed for a make up lesson but then you get to redeem that in products of your choice after. I watched that Sarah Walker video last night, infact I watched loads, she is very good, although, i could never spend that long faffing around on my make up, plus, she has like 8000000 different brushes to put the make up on, I dont have the space to store all that kind of equipment!!
Latest post on 31 January 2011 - 11:30
Excellent thanks :) is there anywhere where you can go to get makeup applied? If so any recmd and idea of price tIA
Latest post on 30 January 2011 - 17:03
Check out Sarah Walker, http://www.youtube.com/user/SWalkerMakeup She is my friends daughter and is amazing. If you cant find what you want drop her a line and she will do a videoblog for you showing just what to do. Enjoy! She is a really talented girl.
Latest post on 30 January 2011 - 16:26
You can also use shades of brown, from dark brown to gold! If you have green eyes, a great colour to use is lilac/purple...enhances the green and looks sooooo sexy. :)
Latest post on 30 January 2011 - 16:25
I usually blend grey with black so the effect isn't too harsh...black round the edges, grey on the lids.. I also line my eyes with black eyeshadow, top and bottom, using a thin, slanted brush and then line the insides with pencil eyeliner. Check out youtube tutorials...MakeupAdikt is really good.
Latest post on 30 January 2011 - 16:25
JSheapard, there are youtube demonstrations/tutorials for the 'smokey eye' look.
Latest post on 30 January 2011 - 16:20
You could really go both ways. I have a more tanner complexion so I use black. Sometimes I use dark grey too if I don't want to go too dramatic. You could even use dark browns, dark purple. I think if you are a lighter complexion I would avoid black. edited by LuLee on 30/01/2011 eta, Check out youtube Miss Chievous and MakeupAdikt tutorials on smokey eye. I love their videos. <em>edited by LuLee on 30/01/2011</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY