Body massage that doesn't cost you a fortune... | ExpatWoman.com

Body massage that doesn't cost you a fortune...

Latest post on 15 February 2011 - 12:26

Can someone recommend a good place for full body massage especially concentrating on the mid-lower back area? I don't want to pay a bomb(which is what is the cost for anything mildly decent even in Dubai IMO) for it though.
Have been told Dreamworks is good and so is Relax spa in UmmSuqueim. Any one who has used a specific massage and/or a masseur and have feedback there?

Please help. Need one badly and soon.

Latest post on 26 November 2013 - 17:00
:)
Latest post on 26 November 2013 - 16:59
Admin I think that this has quite made our afternoon :)
Latest post on 26 November 2013 - 16:58
OMG indeed... ever so sorry! Deleted and banned user!!
Latest post on 26 November 2013 - 16:51
OMG!!!
Latest post on 26 November 2013 - 16:46
This has to be one of the funniest threads I have read in a while!! Made me smile/laugh and also feel a little disturbed too.....why have admin not removed this haha
Latest post on 26 November 2013 - 16:46
Feet First at Town Centre and Ibn are good - new Thai girl at Ibn who has great pressure and the Chinese one is good also. I have asked in the past for 10 to 15 mins reflex at the end and never had an issue. The Relax Thai Spa (one next to Aswaaq supermarket right?) is good, ask for Rose.
Latest post on 26 November 2013 - 16:45
But why is it that only you and I have noticed it, or as you say are the other's all keeping quiet so they can get the details ;) I don't need my boobs enhancing haha I wouldn't mind, but errrrrr not in this way LOL Much cheaper than DR Khan hahahaha
Latest post on 26 November 2013 - 16:43
But why is it that only you and I have noticed it, or as you say are the other's all keeping quiet so they can get the details ;) I don't need my boobs enhancing haha I wouldn't mind, but errrrrr not in this way LOL
Latest post on 26 November 2013 - 16:42
But why is it that only you and I have noticed it, or as you say are the other's all keeping quiet so they can get the details ;) I don't need my boobs enhancing haha
Latest post on 26 November 2013 - 16:42
Oh my god...is this a joke or is he serious!!! I couldn't stop laughing...especially the bit where he states the breasts can be enhanced!! Really...without a boob job...better get booking....I want to be two cup sizes larger!! I doubt a massage will do that hahahaha Perhaps the guy should stick to the business cards you find on your car in Tecom ;-)
Latest post on 26 November 2013 - 16:41
This is extremely funny and disturbing!!
Latest post on 26 November 2013 - 16:41
Oh my god...is this a joke or is he serious!!! I couldn't stop laughing...especially the bit where he states the breasts can be enhanced!! Really...without a boob job...better get booking....I want to be two cup sizes larger!!
Latest post on 26 November 2013 - 16:37
But why is it that only you and I have noticed it, or as you say are the other's all keeping quiet so they can get the details ;)
Latest post on 26 November 2013 - 16:34
I wonder how many people will be furiously scribbling his email address down haha
Latest post on 26 November 2013 - 16:17
Oooooops how did this get through ;)
Latest post on 15 February 2011 - 17:24
Angsana with the vouchers is good. I also enjoy Feet First but only in Town Centre. Had bad experiences in Dubai Mall and JBR. Another one is the home service from Chez Toi. 200AED for one hour and they come to your place. But the FF in IBN isn't bad. I aint complaining. Love the heated lavender pillow during massage. :)
Latest post on 15 February 2011 - 16:24
glad your in agreement about the place and im not just a moaner. for the record - i have nothing against male receptionists - just ones that fancy doing the odd massage - he blatently wasnt trained! and before anyone says anything - one of the best massages i ever had was from a man in a surrey spa! :)
Latest post on 15 February 2011 - 16:18
I know this is only a personal opinion - so dont shoot me down - but i have been to dreamworks and would not recommend that at all. The walls are thin, you can here the phone ringing in recption and the guy answering the phone - also the massage girls talking loudly. The decor is dark and dingy - the tables are covered in plastic with a thin sheet and so you squeek everytime you move. not relaxing at all and not worth the money they charge there. oh and to add to all that..the receptionist ....a guy...asked if i would mind if he did my massage. Considering it was a balinese massage and they do your boobs...i was like uh no! i must sound like one of those wingers. lol Going to Angsana spa at the weekend - entertainer vouchers buy one get one free 250aed each. Also i heard urban spa on palm jumeriah is pretty good and is 300aed. Spot on, I would not recommend it either, I also had the same experience.
Latest post on 15 February 2011 - 14:15
Angsana with the vouchers is good. I also enjoy Feet First but only in Town Centre. Had bad experiences in Dubai Mall and JBR. Another one is the home service from Chez Toi. 200AED for one hour and they come to your place.
Latest post on 15 February 2011 - 13:57
Feet First is 185 for one hour, I go to Nila is Dubai Festival city. One in JBR Rimal branch supposed to be good too. Deep tissue massage for 185 dhs. Buy 1 get one free vouchers in Beauty entertainer too and a girl and guy can go at same time. I went to Feet First in JBR last year for a full body massage. I asked them to focus on my feet as they were particularly sore and the woman refused! And she seemed to think that I was very strange for asking, too.. After the massage, I asked the receptionist about getting a a massage that also included feet and she said that only men could do this. Considering the damn place is called 'Feet First', it was mighty strange...
Latest post on 15 February 2011 - 13:52
I know this is only a personal opinion - so dont shoot me down - but i have been to dreamworks and would not recommend that at all. The walls are thin, you can here the phone ringing in recption and the guy answering the phone - also the massage girls talking loudly. The decor is dark and dingy - the tables are covered in plastic with a thin sheet and so you squeek everytime you move. not relaxing at all and not worth the money they charge there. oh and to add to all that..the receptionist ....a guy...asked if i would mind if he did my massage. Considering it was a balinese massage and they do your boobs...i was like uh no! i must sound like one of those wingers. lol Going to Angsana spa at the weekend - entertainer vouchers buy one get one free 250aed each. Also i heard urban spa on palm jumeriah is pretty good and is 300aed.
Latest post on 15 February 2011 - 13:38
Feet First is 185 for one hour, I go to Nila is Dubai Festival city. One in JBR Rimal branch supposed to be good too. Deep tissue massage for 185 dhs. Buy 1 get one free vouchers in Beauty entertainer too and a girl and guy can go at same time.
Latest post on 15 February 2011 - 13:37
If you don't mind the drive - MAVEN spa in Uptown Mirdiff is great. Dhs 240-160 per 1 hour treatment. DH and I love it there - and they also sell a booklet of 12 vouchers (12 hours of treatment) for Dhs 2200 (so per sessino will cost Dhs 183 instead of 240-260). Brilliant service and just lovely massage that won't cost you an arm and leg.
Latest post on 15 February 2011 - 13:29
lily pond in old town - 30 mins back - 100 dh. amazing massage too!
Latest post on 15 February 2011 - 13:12
Any couples massage? Like at Jumeirah Beach Hotel say?
Latest post on 15 February 2011 - 13:08
Feet First is 185 for one hour, I go to Nila is Dubai Festival city.
Latest post on 15 February 2011 - 13:06
Dreamworks is very good. It's really no frills, but a good massage for a reasonable price (200 for 1 hr/250 for 90mins). We go to the one in the Marina, but I think they are everywhere. FFx

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY