A NIGHTMARE EXPERIENCE WITH DU | ExpatWoman.com

A NIGHTMARE EXPERIENCE WITH DU

Latest post on 16 February 2011 - 11:49

We became a DU customer when we moved into Palm Jumeirah as they were the only provider in this area. We took the package of internet/landline/TV. If only we knew what a NIGHTMARE it would cause us, we wouldn't have moved. We had problems with our landline not working so we had to use our mobile (which has costs us) to call DU for technical help whereby they will put you on hold. They first assured us they had fixed it remotely, but the fault continued. Finally, a technician turned up (poorly equipped) and asked me for a ladder. I didn't have one and he resorted to standing on our expensive furniture. After 2-1/2 hours (for which I had to listen to him talk to his colleague about his mistress!), I told him I had to pick my daughter up from school. He left with both my phone and cable TV not working! I had to use my mobile again to make a complaint. Another technician came after a few days, spent another 2-1/2 hours until I said I had to do pick-up. This time, the landline was working but the TV wasn't. After another few more days, it was agreed that a technician will turn up on a Friday morning between 8-9am. He didn't turn up until 1:30pm (our weekend ruined!) and stayed till almost 5pm before both the landline and TV worked. I thought that would be the end of it. Boy, was I wrong! Within 30 minutes the landline wasn't working again! I had to make a complaint with my mobile again, put on hold as usual. The landline now works intermittently. While it was working, I tried calling my mobile with it, and to my horror, a number I did not recognise showed up on my mobile. DU has changed my number without informing me! When I called to make the complaint, they just said that it was some configuration problem which they will fix. After a few days and many more calls, I still didn't get a call back from their technical staff. Last night, at about 11pm, DU's technical staff called up and asked if our landline was working, waking the whole household up. This morning, I had a call from a lady speaking in a foreign language with the DU music in the background. My landline still goes on and off, I have a number that I don't recognise and when we or others call our GIVEN landline number, it is an engaged tone. I dread to see our first DU bill!

Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 16 February 2011 - 18:54
And no, I don't work for Etisalat, Freckles. FYI, bornconfused, I was home for 2-1/2 hours (11am-1:30pm) when the technician was here. You must have read my msg wrong. And I did inform them that I was available from 8am-1:30pm. They said they could fix it in an hour or less. They knew exactly where the box was as every apartment has the same design. Do you work for DU? well done Whoelliott!!! :);) I've been forced to use DU as is the only provider in AR. Our internet was not working for so many many times, I was calling thousand times,spending hours on the phone they always said problem was [b'>inside house[/b'> , after that I called a good technician ( I paid for him...) and he found out that problem was not in my house but in external line. It took almost a month to solve it....do you know when??When - tired- I've decided to disturb a friend of mine very good friend of SHK...and then... Of course I've paid for Internet the normal amount even if for a month I couldn't use it. Freckles.,bornconfused....before asking me.... Sorry...I'm not working neither for Etisalat nor DU!
Latest post on 16 February 2011 - 16:53
Happily no I do not work for du. We just have not had the same issues. Don't get me wrong we have had trouble and if you want to get me started about the 6 months it took for them to figure out how to remove my phone from a business consumer to a regular consumer that would take at least 2 days to talk about the stupidity of the customer service on the cell side of things. With that said, I prefer du over Etisalat any day. When I had etisalat I found silly websites like souprecipes.com and people.com to be blocked by them for unknown reasons. When we enquired as to why they were blocked we were told they were dating sights.. :\: PS du would fire me because I am too smart for their customer service lines.. hahahahahaha <em>edited by bornconfused on 16/02/2011</em>
Latest post on 16 February 2011 - 15:30
Thanks Shelly. And no, I don't work for Etisalat, Freckles. I am a housewife who made a wrong decision to move to Palm Jumeirah where DU is the only provider. Etisalat was our provider when we lived in the Al Sufouh area for 4 years and we never had a single problem. FYI, bornconfused, I was home for 2-1/2 hours (11am-1:30pm) when the technician was here. You must have read my msg wrong. And I did inform them that I was available from 8am-1:30pm. They said they could fix it in an hour or less. They knew exactly where the box was as every apartment has the same design. Do you work for DU?
Latest post on 16 February 2011 - 13:33
We were with Du previously and seriously, the service they provide is deplorable! We recently moved and signed up with Etisalat and they took only 4 days to come out and hook us up. We were truly shocked as we thought we would have to wait months like we had to with dumb Du! I feel your pain!!!
Latest post on 16 February 2011 - 13:30
I must say the First time the technician came and left without it working is your fault. Du employees are not allowed to be in residences where no one is home. It is for their protection and yours. If you know you have a school run, then you should advise them that the time is not good for you and to pick a time that is suitable for you. Most du employees do not come with a ladder in hand. They are un-aware of the situations in each building. Some boxes are in the ceiling and some are in cupboards somewhere else. With that said, is is odd that a phone number would be changed. Have never once had that problem when I have had service issues. Unfortunately if you want things fixed, they take time. And if you can't spare a few hours for them to sort through the issues one by one,then maybe you don't need the service. You she be happy they agreed to do a friday for you since that is technically their day off.
Latest post on 16 February 2011 - 11:59
Sounds pretty normal. Do you work for Etisalat? ;)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY