Christian churches in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Christian churches in Dubai

Latest post on 21 March 2011 - 16:20

Hi all! This is my very first post! My husband and I have recently moved here from Bahrain and are looking to find a church in Dubai. We live in Tecom! Can anyone suggest anything near by or relatively close to us? We are both Christians and are looking forward to attending services again! Many thanks in advance for any replies!

Latest post on 11 December 2016 - 08:42
City Lights - http://citylightsdubai.org/ Well of Life - http://www.wolhome.com/ My husband and I have been longing for a church we could call home for about 2 years now - one that resembled our church home in LA. We've visited a few churches here in Dubai, but we didn't quite feel "connected." Thanks to you LOVE-CHILDREN, we found just what we were looking for in City Lights. Thank you so much!
Latest post on 06 December 2016 - 13:38
Hi all! This is my very first post! My husband and I have recently moved here from Bahrain and are looking to find a church in Dubai. We live in Tecom! Can anyone suggest anything near by or relatively close to us? We are both Christians and are looking forward to attending services again! Many thanks in advance for any replies! Hi just came across this, Have you found a church yet? give this a try Gatekeepers Church, they are on all social media platforms https://www.facebook.com/Wearegatekeepers/ http://www.gatekeepers.tv/ Hope you find what you are looking for God Bless :)
Latest post on 30 November 2016 - 19:00
City Lights - http://citylightsdubai.org/ Well of Life - http://www.wolhome.com/
Latest post on 30 November 2016 - 16:10
Isn't WELL OF LIFE now in Al Quoz?
Latest post on 22 November 2016 - 20:59
Hi there christian church you can try and attend on royal ascof hotel for IRM church. Christian fellowship services is 730 till 9pm. You can even search them on FB IRMEC
Latest post on 05 July 2016 - 12:14
Gateway Church Dubai http://www.gatewaychurchdubai.com/ GATEWAY SOUTH Dubai College, Al Sufouh 1 - Dubai 050 717 1880 GATEWAY CREEK Crowne Plaza Hotel
Latest post on 13 June 2012 - 13:23
Hi everyone. I'm also looking for a church that i will feel comfortable. I am a born again Christian and i am attending to a one fellowship here in Dubai. Everybody are so nice and approachable but one thing that really bothering me is that they keep on calling me everytime i missed the service. So there were times that i feel like i'm going to church bec. i feel ashamed to miss it. something like that. But whenever i contemplate, I think i know myself well that i have an initiative. I dont need to be forced or something like that. I'm just surprise that even i am attending to one service now, why is it still i'm looking for a new home for me? :( is there a freeride to bur dubai in Fellowship of the Emirates?
Latest post on 11 June 2012 - 17:36
Thanks everyone. Fellowship and church life is the one thing I'm going to miss when I leave my home country soon but I'm excited for us to join a new one in Dubai :-)
Latest post on 11 June 2012 - 13:14
are there any other religion that uses churches? Just curious..... The sikh gudwara is in the same block as the seven Jebel Ali churches so is sometimes casually referred to as a church but ofcourse strictly speaking is not. The churches rent their halls to other congregations particularly those worshipping in different languages but they would be christian groups. There is a hindu temple in old Dubai and the crematoriam is interfaith though perhaps a bit more hindu though their statues can be curtained off.
Latest post on 11 June 2012 - 12:29
Just wanted to concur, Fellowship of the Emirates is great, by far my favorite sermons and always a nice way to start the weekend =)
Latest post on 11 June 2012 - 11:30
woops, misunderstood the question LOL!! That's interesting that Muslims have used a church for meetings. We had an exchange meeting with ladies (at home) and while we enjoyed being shown round the Mosque (a converted leisure centre) they would not set foot in our actual sanctuary although were happy to be in the adjoining hall and kitchen area. Can somone explain? NOT trying to cause offence, just wondered what the problem was. :)
Latest post on 11 June 2012 - 11:25
are there any other religion that uses churches? Just curious.....[/quote No, is the name given to a building or group of people who follow the Christian faith. You can google the meaning of the actual word church which has Greek origins. In Scotland we call church the "Kirk"
Latest post on 11 June 2012 - 11:14
are there any other religion that uses churches? Just curious.....
Latest post on 11 June 2012 - 10:56
Wow! I cant beleive that was over a year ago now! So, here is an update! We tried and now have been going to Fellowship of the Emirates since May last year. I completely agree with what others have written on here!!! This church is just amazing and we feel so happy and content to be a part of it. As the pastor there always says..."This is the church for people who dont like church!" Its very relaxed and fun. Bamber, Fellowship actually offer a "shared ride" service if you are not yet driving. You might find some info about that on their website. It really is worth the visit, even if you come by taxi just the once to check it out. Hi all! This is my very first post! My husband and I have recently moved here from Bahrain and are looking to find a church in Dubai. We live in Tecom! Can anyone suggest anything near by or relatively close to us? We are both Christians and are looking forward to attending services again! Many thanks in advance for any replies!
Latest post on 10 June 2012 - 16:23
This is a nice church and not too far from you. www.fellowshipoftheemirates.org. I second this one! I can also second it.. We've been going to it regularly for the past three years and enjoy the family / community feel to it. We also like the warm welcome group and the great services that we look forward to each week. My life and faith change SO MUCH because of this church and until today I am grateful for being part of such a great family. It's just that I can't drive at the moment so am looking for a church near Umm Suqeim 2.
Latest post on 10 June 2012 - 16:17
This is a nice church and not too far from you. www.fellowshipoftheemirates.org. I second this one! I can also second it.. We've been going to it regularly for the past three years and enjoy the family / community feel to it. We also like the warm welcome group and the great services that we look forward to each week. My life and faith change SO MUCH because of this church and until today I am grateful for being part of such a great family.
Latest post on 10 June 2012 - 16:08
The Jebel Ali churches are all grouped together in the same block but are all distinctly different buildings and followings, and many of them have very nice authentic church 'feel' them. I went to a wedding at one of them once. Thanks, is this not further away than the other though?
Latest post on 10 June 2012 - 16:00
The Jebel Ali churches are all grouped together in the same block but are all distinctly different buildings and followings, and many of them have very nice authentic church 'feel' them. I went to a wedding at one of them once.
Latest post on 10 June 2012 - 15:41
Just wondering if there are any near Umm Suqeim 2? Although I haven't moved to Dubai yet, Al Barsha seems quite far away on the map.
Latest post on 13 February 2012 - 08:02
The services are at the Arjaan hotel ballroom every Friday.
Latest post on 13 February 2012 - 08:01
This is a nice church and not too far from you. www.fellowshipoftheemirates.org. I second this one! I can also second it.. We've been going to it regularly for the past three years and enjoy the family / community feel to it. We also like the warm welcome group and the great services that we look forward to each week.
Latest post on 13 February 2012 - 05:13
This is a nice church and not too far from you. www.fellowshipoftheemirates.org. I second this one!
Latest post on 12 February 2012 - 19:23
Bit late with a response but in case anyone else is moving to Dubai and looking for a church, there is also WELL OF LIFE. www.wolhome.com Currently meeting in Al Barsha.
Latest post on 22 March 2011 - 12:34
Woops! Sorry for the typo! Typing on the phone and the predictive txt always gets me!
Latest post on 22 March 2011 - 12:32
Thanks lax2dxb. That looks very much like the church we would lime to go to. Thank you all againfor the suggestions! Have a great day!
Latest post on 21 March 2011 - 20:55
This is a nice church and not too far from you. www.fellowshipoftheemirates.org.
Latest post on 21 March 2011 - 17:18
What kind of church are you looking for. There is a Newfrontiers Church that meets in Dubai if you have heard of them and that is the kind of worship you are used to. If you google newfrontiers, Dubai, you should find some info.
Latest post on 21 March 2011 - 16:56
Thank you so much! I'll look into some of those! I guess J Ali won't be too far for us as we're on this side of town. So far our new life here has been great! Seems like we left Bahrain at the right time! Still setting our home up and trying to keep busy whilst he's away for a month with work! Thanks again for the help! :)
Latest post on 21 March 2011 - 16:36
hi, ABF, welcome. There are a number of congregations that meet at the Holy Trinity church compound on Oud Metha road. Some meet on thursday evening like the dubai city church (www.thedubaicitychurch.org) whilst others meet on Friday morning like kings revival church etc. Near the same place, is the St Mary's catholic church - that is if you are catholic. Hope you finally find a place you like and are comfortable.
Latest post on 21 March 2011 - 16:28
Welcome to Dubai! I hope you settle in well here. Whenever I have looked up a church in Dubai, it seems to have been in Jebel Ali. I don't know if you're interested, this is the Anglican one: http://christchurchjebelali.com/ There are also a Catholic church, a Greek Orthodox church and a United Christian Church at Jebel Ali, if you just google for Jebel Ali, which is at least your side of town :) It may be that all these churches use the same building, I don't know, or maybe there's a Christian area there? I have heard of church groups also meeting in rooms at hotels because they do not have a church of their own to visit, but I don't know how prevalent it is.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY