chemotherapy in dubai | ExpatWoman.com

chemotherapy in dubai

Latest post on 25 March 2011 - 18:25

hi all, i hope somebody can help me with this one. my husband has to start a course of chemo therapy here in dubai - and i'm just wondering whether anyone has any experience with this? we can't seem to find out anything with regards a recommended oncologist (his original treatment was all overseas) so i am really looking for some advice/guidance/opinions from anyone else who has had any involvement here. i know that Tawaam is the cancer hospital, but i cant' get much info from them.
really appreciate anyone who takes the time to reply
thanks all

Latest post on 23 February 2016 - 12:31
Firstly, congratulations on your pregnancy. Fun times ahead! I just wanted to say that I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma 32 years ago and had 6 months chemo and 3 weeks radiotherapy back then. Of all the cancers to get, the survival rate of this one is the best. I had cancer of the lymph glands on both sides of diaphragm and was diagnosed as stage 3. I just want to encourage you not to despair as treatment for Hodgkins has also come on leaps and bounds and it was good back then! Good luck with everything, a scary time for you all but you will get through it, I am living proof! Take care x
Latest post on 22 February 2016 - 17:09
Hi Kelly_C, My husband has recently diagnosed for Hodgkins Lymphoma through a biopsy. His PET Scan is yet to be done. We are seeing Dr. Micheal Fadi in Welcare hospital. Can you pls share some experience how was the Chemo sessions.. how many sessions, duration... Was it painfull.. general feeling after attending Chemo.. Any precautions to take.. The reason I m asking is that we are also expecting are 1st baby at this time.. n I am already 24 weeks... n are very scared with this diagnosis... the feedback shall be highly appreciated....n encouraging.. :-)
Latest post on 27 March 2011 - 12:41
I was treated here for Hodgkins Lymphoma, diagnosed Sept 05. At the time, American Hospital had the only Oncology unit in Dubai although i believe this is no longer the case. Had my chemo there, and following radiotherapy at Tawam in Al Ain. The care here at AH was fantastic, and i had the support system there that i believe helped me make it through. My AMAZING doctor has now moved to head up the Gulf International Cancer Centre in Abu Dhabi. Its online, look it up. Dr Rizk treated me (At American before he moved) but i get my checkups with him at GICC. Cant say enough about his general greatness :-)
Latest post on 27 March 2011 - 12:29
Just seen your message, thanks morning cat, will email you now. thanks ladies, appreciate your responses and words of encouragement. x
Latest post on 26 March 2011 - 12:43
Hi Rhubarb, Just received more details from the person I know. If you want more information, you can e-mail me at . please let me know when you have noted down my address so I can remove it. thanks x Edited to remove email address <em>edited by MorningCat on 27/03/2011</em>
Latest post on 25 March 2011 - 21:19
Hi Rhubarb, I know someone who has had extensive chemotherapy (and later radiation) here in Dubai over the past year. I know he did the chemo first at City Hospital and the last few sessions at Welcare (both hospitals are under the same management, and I believe the doctor he saw was working more days out of Welcare hence the switch). If you need more details, let me know and I can ask for you. My best wishes for your husband and you during this time.
Latest post on 25 March 2011 - 19:08
rhubarb she said he saw Dr. Salim Chaib Rassou of The American Hospital. I also noticed the latest press for the Cancer Care Centre showed a new doctor, Dr. Maroun El Khoury being appointed. http://www.ameinfo.com/255973.html He is US educated and if you google him there is a bit of info on his US work. x
Latest post on 25 March 2011 - 19:05
thanks so much CT, appreciate your response and your kind words. i have looked at the american's website but can't seem to find any specifics so would welcome any info from your friend.
Latest post on 25 March 2011 - 18:53
A colleagues husband underwent chemo at The American Hospital in their Cancer Care Centre: http://www.ahdubai.com/coex/cancercare.aspx She spoke very highly of both his treatment and care. I have sent her an email asking which oncologist he used and will let you know when I hear back. All the very best and please reach out if you need support anytime. HTH x

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY