Helicopter in the Springs | ExpatWoman.com

Helicopter in the Springs

Latest post on 18 April 2011 - 20:56

Anybody know why there is a Helicopter landing in the Springs right now?

Just saw it descending when I was looking out my window.

Latest post on 19 April 2011 - 10:42
From Spinneys to the small Choithram they took out almost all the speedbumps, and on the way back as well.
Latest post on 19 April 2011 - 10:25
But while they finish the road there are LESS speed bumps than normal and really has contributed to the increased speed (and accidents) along that road. Seeing as lights are going in, will they put the bumps back do you reckon?
Latest post on 19 April 2011 - 10:21
Well to be honest the sheer number of speed humps has the reverse effect, in that people get so tired of them, that they try and bowl through them asap. If they took out a few, I think you'd see an improvement. I always wish I was wearing my support bra going over them - eish! Bu they could really do with putting a few in along the back road, just such a stupid decision.
Latest post on 19 April 2011 - 10:18
I think it is one of Dubais worse traffic decisions to build that high way in such a residential neighbourhood. I think it was one of the best decisions ever ... wipe off all those short-dress-no-sleeves-wearing, Du-customer-service-swearing, no-tax-but-salik, housing-fee and parking-fine-paying expats ... It's just a matter of time!!! eh? are you saying that Springs residents are as described above? yeah I think Guiness is being sarcastic, lol....
Latest post on 19 April 2011 - 10:17
I think it is one of Dubais worse traffic decisions to build that high way in such a residential neighbourhood. I think it was one of the best decisions ever ... wipe off all those short-dress-no-sleeves-wearing, Du-customer-service-swearing, no-tax-but-salik, housing-fee and parking-fine-paying expats ... It's just a matter of time!!! eh? are you saying that Springs residents are as described above?
Latest post on 19 April 2011 - 10:14
I think it is one of Dubais worse traffic decisions to build that high way in such a residential neighbourhood. I think it was one of the best decisions ever ... wipe off all those short-dress-no-sleeves-wearing, Du-customer-service-swearing, no-tax-but-salik, housing-fee and parking-fine-paying expats ... It's just a matter of time!!!
Latest post on 19 April 2011 - 10:10
These people who drive fast in springs and meadows area really annoy me.. there are plenty of bumps there but they just dont care!! Obviously no one care about the 40 limit signs.. To be honest, what scares me the most is to hit a cat crossing the street in the area, that's why I drive very slow in that area and always look on the sides in case a cat is standing to cross the street.. knowing that many cats are left outdoors in the area or some of them are lost, terribly freaks me out.. the other day I saw a dead black kitty on the side of the raod and I was feeling down all day because of that. I wouldnt mind if they put radars on that area.. seriously.. I personally stick to the speed limit and I wish the rest do the same.
Latest post on 19 April 2011 - 10:06
This week I have seen an accident EVERY single day, either at the roundabout at the big Spinneys or at the roundabout at the Meadows 7. Every single day, it is freakin scary. Cars drive 120, they dont let other cars pass or come out of their springs or meadows compounds. They just speed and go straight at the roundabouts so if you are on the roundabout you have to stop midway to let cars pass while normally you have priority. I think it is one of Dubais worse traffic decisions to build that high way in such a residential neighbourhood.
Latest post on 19 April 2011 - 09:59
The 40 limit signs are still up. The police were still removing the smashed cars as I drove home last night.
Latest post on 19 April 2011 - 08:34
is the speed limit still 40? difficult to tell... There was a bad smash at the roundabout to 10/11 on Sunday...saw one of the car occupants this morning with a huge bandage wrapped around his head but otherwise relatively unharmed looking out taking photos of the site. With everyone driving crazy speeds down the highway, the new (hopefully very temporary) configuration of that r/a is an absolute disaster. Is incredibly dangerous.
Latest post on 18 April 2011 - 21:33
Well I always see cars going haring down there, then slam on the brakes to make their turns. I just cruise and I don't care if people get up tight. I also always stop at the zebra crossing, much to the annoyance of others. @Devil, been here nearly 8 years - I forgot lol
Latest post on 18 April 2011 - 21:30
Mmmm not so sure that's a good idea, right through a busy residential area - it's going to be a nightmare. Its a real shame actually, a nice and quiet residential area now has a massive highway running right through the middle.... There were lots of complaints about it but to no avail. It is getting busier and busier by the day as well as cars going faster and faster! Think its meant to be an alternative to SZR or something...
Latest post on 18 April 2011 - 21:28
It's the Air Ambulence. There has been an accident on the main road. Looked to be quiet a few cars involved. The new road is so fast & dangerous at times. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, there are some right numpties who think it's a main highway and go at ridiculous speeds. Hate to break it to you, but the main road is meant to be a main highway. Mmmm not so sure that's a good idea, right through a busy residential area - it's going to be a nightmare. Welcome to Dubai.
Latest post on 18 April 2011 - 21:25
It's the Air Ambulence. There has been an accident on the main road. Looked to be quiet a few cars involved. The new road is so fast & dangerous at times. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, there are some right numpties who think it's a main highway and go at ridiculous speeds. Hate to break it to you, but the main road is meant to be a main highway. Mmmm not so sure that's a good idea, right through a busy residential area - it's going to be a nightmare.
Latest post on 18 April 2011 - 21:24
It's the Air Ambulence. There has been an accident on the main road. Looked to be quiet a few cars involved. The new road is so fast & dangerous at times. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, there are some right numpties who think it's a main highway and go at ridiculous speeds. Hate to break it to you, but the main road is meant to be a main highway.
Latest post on 18 April 2011 - 21:14
There was an accident there yesterday morning too, cars looked quite damaged, but didn't look like anyone was hurt even though there were 2 ambulances there. I always go slow in the hope that other will too, anything to stop them putting up speed bumps again.
Latest post on 18 April 2011 - 21:09
It's the Air Ambulence. There has been an accident on the main road. Looked to be quiet a few cars involved. The new road is so fast & dangerous at times. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, there are some right numpties who think it's a main highway and go at ridiculous speeds.
Latest post on 18 April 2011 - 21:08
It's the Air Ambulence. There has been an accident on the main road. Looked to be quiet a few cars involved. The new road is so fast & dangerous at times.
Latest post on 18 April 2011 - 21:00
It's just taken off again
Latest post on 18 April 2011 - 20:59
Me too! I thought I was hallucinating!
Latest post on 18 April 2011 - 20:58
If it's the white one, it's the police chopper.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY