Book Donations for Libraries in Labour Camps | ExpatWoman.com

Book Donations for Libraries in Labour Camps

Latest post on 28 July 2012 - 13:07
Does anyone know of any group, individual etc. who would be interested in a large amount of old 'Hello' 'Ahlan' 'Grazia' and other magazines. I'm preparing to leave after 25 years and don't want to give them for re-cycling if they could be of use to someone....
Latest post on 11 May 2012 - 22:42
I know this thread is old-ish, but I wanted to ask, is this the same Transguard that is part of Emirates group? I only ask because we find so many books onboard that are never claimed and I'm thinking maybe you could work with the lost & found dept to get ahold of all the unclaimed books at the airport- I'm sure there's heaps! Most people buy a novel, read it then leave it behind to save weight...! Also, maybe you could put a book donation box in the HQ building/crew arrivals, am sure plenty of crew have lots of books they no longer want/need :D
Latest post on 15 September 2011 - 12:41
Hi Charbaby What is the location for the drop off? I donated a lot of books to feline freinds last month and have another set that I could give to you guys? Thanks
Latest post on 10 June 2011 - 18:35
Hi, that would be great, my number is below so let me know when you are next in Dubai and I can arrange to collect. We reached our June target which was for 1000 books but this project is on-going so we will continue to look for donations as we go forwards to expand the library. Thanks Charlotte
Latest post on 26 May 2011 - 19:09
I have books and magazines I'd be happy to donate. Live in Al Ain but am in Dubai every once in a while so could drop off/meet you somewhere if that would work. Magazines are a bit 'girly' (as in health and fitness, fashion!), so maybe not the best? Have stacks of Friday magazines that would probably be ok though....
Latest post on 26 April 2011 - 10:44
It is the Learning and Development department and they can be dropped off in reception B, level 1 - if you ask for Charlotte Butt the receptionist will be able to call me round or you can give me a call on 050 462 3654 when you arrive. Alternatively let me know when you are coming and I should be able to arrange for you to be introduced to the rest of the team working on this project. Many thanks
Latest post on 26 April 2011 - 08:09
Can you let me know where I can drop them off? Which dept in Transguard?
Latest post on 25 April 2011 - 10:18
Thanks very much for your interest. The company is Transguard and you are able to contact me on [email protected]. We are able to arrange for someone to collect the donations if you can advise your location.
Latest post on 25 April 2011 - 07:55
How do we get in touch with this company? What's it called please?
Latest post on 24 April 2011 - 22:12
Company in Dubai looking to start free Libraries in Labour Camps - promoting English Language and Literature. Book donations wanted - if you have any old books, DVD, videos or magazines we would be very grateful for your donation. Thanks

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY