New Gladys Beauty salon in Motorcity | ExpatWoman.com

New Gladys Beauty salon in Motorcity

Latest post on 26 April 2011 - 16:50

Just been and had a really good experience, yay! The staff were all happy, cheerful and professional, so glad!
I wont have to drive miles to get a good pedicure and threading again.
Thought I would let you all know as there are not many GOOD salons around this area to choose from.

xx

Latest post on 10 February 2016 - 00:08
I went a couple of times to Glady's Motor City Branch and, for a small neighborhood one, it offered pretty decent services, not great nor bad...just little below average...More than a year ago, at the end of November 2014, I went as usual, with my 3 years old DD for a haircut, I also had a haircut and eyebrows shaping and color. Her haircut was extremely bad...since that time I tried different salons and none of them could repair the damage...I have no idea how things could have gone sooo wrong, since then my DD hair lost its brightness..However, the thing which bothered me the most and made me stop going there was the way the staff handled the whole story..When I returned, after less than 3 weeks, as my kids were sick and my DH just had an ACL rupture just at the beginning of Dec 2014, I was told that I have to pay again 40 AED, the cost of her haircut...I leave tips of this amount, so the small amount I was being asked was not a big issue, but the fact that I felt ripped off, she was a 3 year old kid...and obviously I was not trying to get a service for free...Even when I talked with the manager over the phone, her major concern was to punish one of her employees instead of showing some customer service skills and try to fix my issue...Even if there was a time frame of which I was not aware of, come on, a small haircut for a 3 years old..Maybe there is a cultural gap, but from where I come from(EU) a situation like that would have been sorted out with apologies and another haircut... Oh, please. What kind of haircut makes the hair[b'> "lose its brightness"[/b'>? I've had several bad haircuts over the years but a bad haircut is a case of waiting for the hair to grow longer to have it cut again into the shape you actually wanted. Yes, my last bad haircut (very uneven layers all over the place) had me in tears but now after about a year I've gradually had it grown longer again and re-cut several times and all is good. I let them know I was very unhappy and that it was totally against my instructions. I paid up,left without tipping and never went back to the place (which was a place in Dubai Marina). Are you sure you are from "EU"? Something in your story makes me think you might be a competitor trying to drum up business for yourself? I might be wrong but why drag this up over 14 months later?
Latest post on 09 February 2016 - 21:25
I went a couple of times to Glady's Motor City Branch and, for a small neighborhood one, it offered pretty decent services, not great nor bad...just little below average...More than a year ago, at the end of November 2014, I went as usual, with my 3 years old DD for a haircut, I also had a haircut and eyebrows shaping and color. Her haircut was extremely bad...since that time I tried different salons and none of them could repair the damage...I have no idea how things could have gone sooo wrong, since then my DD hair lost its brightness..However, the thing which bothered me the most and made me stop going there was the way the staff handled the whole story..When I returned, after less than 3 weeks, as my kids were sick and my DH just had an ACL rupture just at the beginning of Dec 2014, I was told that I have to pay again 40 AED, the cost of her haircut...I leave tips of this amount, so the small amount I was being asked was not a big issue, but the fact that I felt ripped off, she was a 3 year old kid...and obviously I was not trying to get a service for free...Even when I talked with the manager over the phone, her major concern was to punish one of her employees instead of showing some customer service skills and try to fix my issue...Even if there was a time frame of which I was not aware of, come on, a small haircut for a 3 years old..Maybe there is a cultural gap, but from where I come from(EU) a situation like that would have been sorted out with apologies and another haircut...
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 21:34
I had a colour and cut done and colour was ok only 1 colourist when i went and she was a bit hap hazard kind of just slapped it on ended up with colour staining all over back of my neck and forehead, colour was ok cut not so good.
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 17:21
do they do cut, colour and style and how good are they
Latest post on 26 April 2011 - 22:30
I have to agree. I tried Gladys's last week and I was very happy with the result. I went for a Mani & Pedi. Tools sterilised, polish has stayed put and it took approx 1 hour. I am so happy to have an alternative to Tips & Toes. As Beauty Lab and Caricature are way below par. The only problem I may have in the future is getting an appointment as they only had two chairs for mani & pedis!!!!! So try to keep it quiet ;) <em>edited by Queen Bee on 26/04/2011</em>
Latest post on 26 April 2011 - 20:27
I might give it a go. Can't be any worse than the beauty lab. Had a bad bad experience there and still go back to Tips and Toes on the Palm! Thanks.
Latest post on 26 April 2011 - 18:33
OOoh that's good to hear - I also saw that the Nail Spa is opening right next to Spinneys - yipee!
Latest post on 26 April 2011 - 17:44
The numbers you gave were for the Karama branch, The Motorcity numbers are: 04 454 1285. / 05588 08021 Just incase anyone needs it!!!
Latest post on 26 April 2011 - 17:40
SSSHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop telling everyone, it'll be impossible to get an appointment if half of EW start turning up on the doorstep :D
Latest post on 26 April 2011 - 17:38
Brilliant thanks! Know exactly where you mean. Getting on the phone now!!
Latest post on 26 April 2011 - 17:07
Drive past all the shops and big Spinneys on left side of road, past the Autodrome on your right and across the road from the Autodrome is a new building on your left,the Atrium (I think) and its in there. You would have to do a u- turn to be able to park in front of the building or there is lots of parking behind the building too. It is also the building that has Building Blocks childrens nursery in it. Numbers: 04 33 55 651 055 828 5550 regards
Latest post on 26 April 2011 - 17:01
Where is it in Motorcity? Have probably driven by but been completely oblivious! Desperately need a pedicure but been putting off cos hate going to Tips and Toes in the Ranches. Do you have their number? ta much. Keep driving by Spinneys (Spinneys on your left) and Gladys salon is on your left (same building as Building Blocks - new nursery). If you enter from the front entrance, walk towards the back - you'll see it on your right.
Latest post on 26 April 2011 - 16:57
Where is it in Motorcity? Have probably driven by but been completely oblivious! Desperately need a pedicure but been putting off cos hate going to Tips and Toes in the Ranches. Do you have their number? ta much.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY