driving lessons | ExpatWoman.com

driving lessons

Latest post on 08 May 2011 - 19:04

hi ,

does anyone know the best driving school that follows the british highway code in dubai if its possible?

thanks

Latest post on 28 May 2017 - 18:43
I just passed my driving test recently with EDI (Emirates Driving institute). I chose the option when you can pick the timings of your classes as they have better teachers (my lady was called Candy, really sweet.) I had LOTS of lessons in London and failed on numerous occasions. The standards here are much lower I am afraid to say, so if you haven't had lessons in the UK then you may not be the best driver in the world having just learnt here. That said, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be having put it off for two years! God luck. Could you tell me a bit more about Candy's way of teaching as I might be transferring my file from Al Qusais to Al Quoz just for her :)
Latest post on 08 May 2011 - 22:01
Sniffmonster, congratulations on passing :) I think, whilst a UK licence is exchangeable here, you may find you have to start afresh to get your driving licence if you go back to the UK. The US is even worse, when I was there, they wouldn't accept a licence as being valid from one State to another :)
Latest post on 08 May 2011 - 21:11
I just passed my driving test recently with EDI (Emirates Driving institute). I chose the option when you can pick the timings of your classes as they have better teachers (my lady was called Candy, really sweet.) I had LOTS of lessons in London and failed on numerous occasions. The standards here are much lower I am afraid to say, so if you haven't had lessons in the UK then you may not be the best driver in the world having just learnt here. That said, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be having put it off for two years! God luck.
Latest post on 08 May 2011 - 19:38
thank you I will check Al Ahli
Latest post on 08 May 2011 - 19:06
Not sure there are any. I'm doing my bike license at Al Ahli and from what I gather the RTA follows the Australian system.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY