Emirates Airlines Assessment & Interview | ExpatWoman.com

Emirates Airlines Assessment & Interview

Latest post on 19 June 2011 - 20:52

Hi Everyone,

I have been invited to an assessment/interview for Emirates Airlines in the Learning & Development division. Does anyone know what the assessment is like?

Thank you!

Latest post on 11 January 2016 - 22:13
Hi Everyone, I have been invited to an assessment/interview at Emirates Airlines in the Digital Marketing division. Does anyone know what the assessment test is like? Thank you :)
Latest post on 11 January 2016 - 22:13
Hi Everyone, I have been invited to an assessment/interview at Emirates Airlines in the Digital Marketing division. Does anyone know what the assessment test is like? Thank you :)
Latest post on 02 August 2015 - 05:27
Hi Everyone, I have been invited for Assessment next week with Emirates airlines. I am applying for a software engineer position. Can anyone help with any information or input, like assessment test details , interview questions and all. Thanks in advance.
Latest post on 22 May 2013 - 20:55
Any of the EK folks on this forum reading through this? Do help pls.. would be nice to come up with the info before DH does..
Latest post on 22 May 2013 - 10:02
HI, Can anyone help on Emirates Airline recruitment process? Possibly, I will be giving interview for grade 9. I want to know what exactly happens in assessment center and psychometric test? What should I prepare for the interview? Psychometric includes behavioural, verbal, numeric etc. Does EK covers all? Hey Ritu, what happened at your interview, as DH is interviewing for something similar I guess.
Latest post on 22 May 2013 - 09:56
So DH has an interview with Emirates for a Grade 8 post (not that they have told him it is grade 8, he got to know it from one of his friends ffriend's friend). You know how these men are. :) Has there been any changes in the pay structure and grades apart from what has been discussed or is it more or less the same? What can he expect during the assesment and interview as well. Any help would be appreciated.
Latest post on 11 January 2013 - 15:39
HI, Can anyone help on Emirates Airline recruitment process? Possibly, I will be giving interview for grade 9. I want to know what exactly happens in assessment center and psychometric test? What should I prepare for the interview? Psychometric includes behavioural, verbal, numeric etc. Does EK covers all?
Latest post on 11 January 2013 - 15:38
Hi Bubble_trubble (love the name!), Can youpls help on Emirates Airline recruitment process? Possibly, I will be giving interview for grade 9. I want to know what exactly happens in assessment center and psychometric test? What should I prepare for the interview? Psychometric includes behavioural, verbal, numeric etc. Does EK covers all?
Latest post on 06 June 2012 - 19:11
Hi Mich, I have an assessment early next week. Would you be able to share some insights on this please. Cheers, Jacob
Latest post on 14 December 2011 - 12:24
Hi Beela, I have an interview for a similar position to yours next week and was wondering if you ended up attending the assessment centre and any helpful advice you could give? Thanks
Latest post on 23 June 2011 - 16:37
So disappointed...I woke up to an email sent 4 hours ago saying the visa could not be granted as I was there recently, and need to be out of the country 30 days. Or maybe it's because I'm Canadian ha! Awww now I'm feeling sad. I replied, thanking them and suggesting they interview me for multiple jobs at the same time on the magical date of July 14! <em>edited by Beela on 23/06/2011</em>
Latest post on 23 June 2011 - 13:04
Okay so apparently Day 1 is when I do a presentation, and then I go to the next step and the next depending on how I do on the previous step. Day 2 is the psychometric testing and interview, which happens if Day 1 is a success. I'm just thinking flying me in and the hotel is costly so they must have been impressed with the phone screen. I think? Definitely went well if they are flying you out! Good Luck
Latest post on 23 June 2011 - 12:01
Okay so apparently Day 1 is when I do a presentation, and then I go to the next step and the next depending on how I do on the previous step. Day 2 is the psychometric testing and interview, which happens if Day 1 is a success. I'm just thinking flying me in and the hotel is costly so they must have been impressed with the phone screen. I think?
Latest post on 21 June 2011 - 10:09
From what i can remember they are into brain friendly training and visual stimulation. Remember that humour gets lost in translation so has to be clear and well delivered. Fun is good but bare this in mind. Sorry cant be more help, its been a while.... Brain friendly to me means making it simple. Visuals...PowerPoint! And maybe a page or two to handout. Thanks!
Latest post on 21 June 2011 - 10:07
From what i can remember they are into brain friendly training and visual stimulation. Remember that humour gets lost in translation so has to be clear and well delivered. Fun is good but bare this in mind. Sorry cant be more help, its been a while.... Okay so I'll just smile and be friendly, but not funny! My presentation has to be interactive and at the same time cover the concept. They want to get an idea of my delivery style as well as if I know my stuff. I think!
Latest post on 21 June 2011 - 07:13
From what i can remember they are into brain friendly training and visual stimulation. Remember that humour gets lost in translation so has to be clear and well delivered. Fun is good but bare this in mind. Sorry cant be more help, its been a while....
Latest post on 21 June 2011 - 00:05
Has anyone done an assessment for the Learning and Development division? Curious to know what types of questions will be on it...like if it's theory or what. Thanks!
Latest post on 20 June 2011 - 16:18
Practice your presentation skills and power point may be usefull! Hey Nutty! Just received an email of presentation topics. I have 15 minutes to wow the panel. It needs to be interactive. So I guess PowerPoint it is! As an educator/trainer I've presented many times yet I'm having to tell myself to not be nervous! I am a "fun" trainer, or so I've been told, and I know I get some laughs out of my people. Not sure if the panel will want to the point and no nonsense, or if they wouldn't mind a little humor??
Latest post on 20 June 2011 - 15:08
Practice your presentation skills and power point may be usefull!
Latest post on 20 June 2011 - 12:31
group interview as in group assessment...its a screening process. 4 plus of you in a group for discussion or activity.
Latest post on 20 June 2011 - 11:06
good luck with the interview. I have heard they do group interviews. They are not easy. Thank you! Group interviews as in 3 of them and 1 of me? Is that what makes it hard?
Latest post on 20 June 2011 - 10:16
good luck with the interview. I have heard they do group interviews. They are not easy.
Latest post on 20 June 2011 - 10:14
You have got mail! Please feel free to remove your email Id from public forum if you wish....
Latest post on 20 June 2011 - 10:03
Thanks for all that! Are we allowed to put email addresses in here? Thanks in advance for your help! <em>edited by Beela on 20/06/2011</em>
Latest post on 20 June 2011 - 09:57
Thanks Beela... the name is short of my actual nick name(-part of it !!) :) Grade 8 assessment might have following: all or a combination of it:- 1. written assessment as mentioned in my previous post 2. Group discussion 3. One to one interview with panel of line dept and HR rep In Group discussion HR wants to gather evidence of competence in core competency areas as mentioned in the Job vacancy. Please ensure you go through those competencies marked i.e. Initiative & Commitment to achiece; Organising for results; Attention to details etc. Group activities could range from constructing somenthing out of given materials; or an sheet or scenario provided where all have to agree or disagree towards the final result. What they will like to see in you is how open you are towards rest; whether you took initiative at all in the task; how amicably you negotiate etc At Emirates the dressing style is corporate; so yes pant or dress suit should be appropriate. tied up hair looks professional if you have long hair; short crop style doesnt need any thing to done as long as it looks neat and not scruffy. L&D dept deals with training new trainees and set an example of how one should be carrying themselves whilst working with EK...so power dressing is apt. Pls send me your email address and I will write back to you if you need any other query to be answered. EW has helped me soooo many times...so time to help out ..cycle of life, Karma!
Latest post on 20 June 2011 - 09:50
Hi Bubble_trubble (love the name!), If I'm reading it correctly, it is a Grade 8, and it is in the Learning & Development department. Someone mentioned there is a group activity, maybe to see how I would interact with colleagues? I haven't been interviewed in ages, as I've been with the same company for 10+ years until recently. Any suggestions on what to wear? I don't like wearing suits (blazer/jacket with pant/skirt) but suppose I could if necessary. I know first impressions are important but don't want to appear stuffy. A friend of mine told me that when interviewing with airlines, most women pull their hair back, like the cabin crew. Thank you!
Latest post on 20 June 2011 - 08:46
Sure, which grade or position have you been called for.... different grades/positions have diff set of assessments. There is pyschometrics ..to know abt ur working style, personal character; depending upon job profile you have logic questions also along with English. Written assessments are fairly generic about MS Office skills or english language, simple geography at times...all are grade specific though. Few grades also have presentations to be prepared, followed by q/A session. All the best!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY