*more* UK passport application questions | ExpatWoman.com

*more* UK passport application questions

Latest post on 25 June 2011 - 18:33

Sorry!!!

- the rules state the photos should be printed on a cream or light grey background. Am i going to get given DS' pictures back to do again as taken on a white background??
- the form for applying from UAE says that if you are applying from UK you should use a different form. I'll be using the premium 4 hour service in UK. Does that mean i'm applying from UK and should use that form?..

the saga continues...

tia :/:

Latest post on 26 June 2011 - 08:29
I used the 4 hour service earlier this year - make sure you phone for an appointment, when on the phone they ask for a UK address, if you ask they will send the forms to the address so they are waiting for you, made it much easier all round - got the passports back in 3 hours which was a bonus !!
Latest post on 26 June 2011 - 00:43
Leen, We received an email to say the photos were not acceptable. We had to dhl another set.
Latest post on 26 June 2011 - 00:33
Dh's photos were returned because of a white background. noooo my LO's application has been in dusseldorf for 3 weeks now with a white background. Could it be returned after all that? and how is it returned, do i get it by DHL or do they call saying something is wrong :S
Latest post on 26 June 2011 - 00:30
Just did this in London a few days ago, was super easy but it was a bit of a pain getting thr countersignsture and photos signed as i dont know that many people in London. Got it sorted though and took about 15 mins in their offices and i just collected it 4 hours later! It cost about the same as it would from here too!
Latest post on 25 June 2011 - 21:42
Makes me glad my great great great gran stole a hanky or some such... ;) LOL
Latest post on 25 June 2011 - 21:33
Makes me glad my great great great gran stole a hanky or some such... ;)
Latest post on 25 June 2011 - 21:31
it seems it may be easier to apply for citizenship to another country. probably cheaper too ...... and better weather!!!!
Latest post on 25 June 2011 - 21:23
it seems it may be easier to apply for citizenship to another country.
Latest post on 25 June 2011 - 21:22
did this at Xmas time. the online form that we use here is definitely not valid - you must use the form that you collect from Post Office when you get to UK. photos from here should be fine if you get them at a Kodak shop or similar and go in and ask for British passport standard. they have all the guidelines, but if in doubt, print them off internet and check the photos fit the criteria. we had ours done in UK and got a friend to sign the back, but if you dont know anyone in Uk that you can get to do signature, I would recommend doing them here. we used a UK photography studio in the town we were stayin in and asked him to do passport photos HTH
Latest post on 25 June 2011 - 21:00
If you are going to be applying in the UK on that 4 hour service , you definitely use the standard form from the post office in the UK. It does say on that form ' this is for people living in the UK. If you live abroad contact your local embassy' - or something along those lines. However I rang up and checked and you definitely do use that form if you are an expat but applying within the UK. However I'm not sure what the form is from the UAE or if you can use this if applying from the UK as I didn't ask about that. When I called the passport office up they were very helpful, maybe try calling them directly?
Latest post on 25 June 2011 - 20:33
fffffffffffffff so who are you supposed to get to sign the back of the photos???! AAAAAAAAAAARGH!!
Latest post on 25 June 2011 - 20:29
DH did his in the uk couple of weeks ago on premium service. You need to use the form you get from the UK post office. Also best way to do photographs is use the machine in the Passport office (this was the london office). it costs £5.00 (coins) and then there are no arguments as it is setup for UK requirements.
Latest post on 25 June 2011 - 19:56
Dh's photos were returned because of a white background.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY