affordable photobooks in dubai | ExpatWoman.com

affordable photobooks in dubai

Latest post on 27 June 2011 - 14:16

hi there

i want to make a photobook keepsake book for my mum before she returns to the uk....can u advise me where do AFFORDABLE ones...i recently looked at a couple of places and they quoted like 600dhs-900dhs....WAY ABOVE WHAT I WAS THINKING!

LOL

Thanks in advance for any advice...
x

Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 14:57
I've used RIOT many times - quality is ok. I also printed few books with blurb - takes longer time but I was happy. If you can wait I would recommend do it with blurb
Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 14:38
I've used Riot Photobooks before, they are in JLT. quick turnaround!
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 16:41
Old thread but I am looking where I can have nice photobooks printed from. Do the services mentioned here below (like Blurb, shutterfly and photobook worldwide) deliver to Dubai without problems? Any other tips on where to have nice Photobooks printed from? can also be a local shop
Latest post on 29 June 2011 - 19:35
I know its not Dubai based but I have just used Photobook Worldwide and they were brilliant. The program gives you so many options you can really have a lot of fun and the end product was beautiful. Plus in June they are offering 50% off which I'm sure will most prob continue for July as its summer (I bought one in May which was 40% off). I used them for my wedding album (80 pages massive book - 500 aed inc 2 day delivery to Dubai from Malaysia) and then smaller albums for both our parents and they were sent direct to Australia (40 pages - 240 aed). I bought one of those Go Nabit local Dubai photobook versions and I didn't even redeem it in the end as they expected me to come into their office in Media City with a disc and they would load the photos for me and then provide the final version a week later (what is the point I ask you??) - which sort of defeats the purpose (and fun) of making a photobook. They look good too-might give them a go for a change
Latest post on 29 June 2011 - 19:24
Two very good friends have used Riot and they were thrilled! I think it's one of the cheapest in Dubai. But when there are loads with more creative options which are far far cheaper why use the local one? As I said Shutterfly is excellent-love all their free offers-and the turn around is quick-and they are super efficient and answering email queries too.Did your friends shop around first????
Latest post on 29 June 2011 - 17:40
i think shutterfly is still the cheapest.. and very good quality books.. have had more than 10done with them.. and if your shipment doesnt come thru, they send u a copy free of charge. Excellent service. Plus every monht they have some kind of offer. And abt twice a year I think they give me free photobook just like that..
Latest post on 29 June 2011 - 17:22
I know its not Dubai based but I have just used Photobook Worldwide and they were brilliant. The program gives you so many options you can really have a lot of fun and the end product was beautiful. Plus in June they are offering 50% off which I'm sure will most prob continue for July as its summer (I bought one in May which was 40% off). I used them for my wedding album (80 pages massive book - 500 aed inc 2 day delivery to Dubai from Malaysia) and then smaller albums for both our parents and they were sent direct to Australia (40 pages - 240 aed). I bought one of those Go Nabit local Dubai photobook versions and I didn't even redeem it in the end as they expected me to come into their office in Media City with a disc and they would load the photos for me and then provide the final version a week later (what is the point I ask you??) - which sort of defeats the purpose (and fun) of making a photobook.
Latest post on 29 June 2011 - 17:15
oh well, anything from RIOT is anything but overpriced. for such small size photobook and the price, it make more sense ordering from the UK/US <em>edited by tipahtertipu on 29/06/2011</em>
Latest post on 29 June 2011 - 16:59
I can second Riot books! I've just done one and was really impressed by the quality and the price! One of the few things i've found in Dubai to rival prices of the UK and will certainly be using them again. In fact, i'm thinking of doing one as my wedding album because the cost of these is just silly so might do it myself using the RIOT software. Can I please ask how much did you pay/how many pages/size? thanks Wow-just checked the website Riot are so expensive compared to something like Shutterfly-fewer design options too
Latest post on 29 June 2011 - 16:52
I can second Riot books! I've just done one and was really impressed by the quality and the price! One of the few things i've found in Dubai to rival prices of the UK and will certainly be using them again. In fact, i'm thinking of doing one as my wedding album because the cost of these is just silly so might do it myself using the RIOT software. Can I please ask how much did you pay/how many pages/size? thanks
Latest post on 28 June 2011 - 07:49
Check out www.pickapic.com. Seems to be new.
Latest post on 27 June 2011 - 17:02
Maybe not what you are looking for, but check this out... http://www.blurb.com/ I am very happy with the result :) Made our baby book and it is perfect :) blurb is great!
Latest post on 27 June 2011 - 15:43
http://www.riotphotobooks.com I used them for DHs birthday gift, you can design your own-book, calendar, canvas, so it great fun and also much more personal, and ofcourse quite affordable. You order online and in a few days you can pick it up from their office in meadows village, insdie the Haya gym. HTH <em>edited by candyfloss on 27/06/2011</em>
Latest post on 27 June 2011 - 15:00
Maybe not what you are looking for, but check this out... http://www.blurb.com/ I am very happy with the result :) Made our baby book and it is perfect :)
Latest post on 27 June 2011 - 14:32
deal is still available for next 9hrs when I log in to Gonabit? price is 150 for 26 pages...agree their website is not displaying properly..
Latest post on 27 June 2011 - 14:27
its ran out....and the pricing list on the website isnt displaying properly...but thanks anyway x
Latest post on 27 June 2011 - 14:24
http://www.groupon.ae check it out, can't personaly recommend them but also looking into it

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY