Curtain man in Jumeira or Satwa | ExpatWoman.com

Curtain man in Jumeira or Satwa

Latest post on 29 June 2011 - 13:33

Hi I have just moved house and would like to have my previous curtains adjusted as they are slightly too big for my new windows. I may also need to order one new pair.

Can anyone recommend a good, reasonable and *honest* curtain man? Last time I moved someone lied to me about the measurements to convince me that I needed to order some brand new curtains! Luckily I got the measuring tape out myself after he left and realised that I actually had a perfect fit. Lol.

Basically I need someone to adjust my curtains and hang them without ripping me off. I am in Jumeira 1 so anyone from Satwa would be great.

I don't want to pay much for the new pair either but I'd like someone with a good selection of fabric.

TIA x

Latest post on 11 March 2019 - 07:19
I know this is an old post, but this thread was part of my research leading me to choose sense furnishings who came across highly recommended but have let us down, and now won't answer or return phone calls or messages. Hopefully at least others can learn from our mistakes. Initially what was installed was not what was corrected, and installation was sloppy with the brackets not placed evenly or level., the team had to come back a second time to reposition the rails - leaving us with additional holes in the walls from both the rails, and the tie backs which were not requested. The workmanship is sloppy, parts of the curtains are 5cm above the floor, others are 3cm, and the curtains did not open off the doors. Some of the white curtains came with heavy grey marks on them and were heavily creased. The roman curtains in the bedrooms were sagging, uneven from one side to the other, and they did not open cleanly, instead folding into themselves. What frustrated me more than any of the above was the service, mistakes happen – but I called and called both the sales manager we were dealing with and the office – both told me they would come to look at the problems, but no one turned up. I even got to the point that I sent them through photos of all of the curtains with details of what was wrong with each. Finally once Razik whom i'm told is a manager came, we were told our issues were due to a defect in the fabric – so we choose new fabric only to find out three days later it wasn’t available. We've now had the curtains replaced - and the fabric colour does not match the sample chosen - and as I mention I'm having my calls, emails and whatsapps ignored. So very disappointing
Latest post on 01 June 2014 - 18:08
i used Golden Interiors for curtains and blinds work.Great service,quality work.i will highly recommend. www.goldendawn.ae 052-7066218
Latest post on 22 April 2014 - 23:31
Damas in Satwa for curtains and wallpaper I was a loyal customer of Damas until about 6 months ago when we asked them to replace broken curtain pull-cords. They insisted on replacing the entire track and cords. The replacements are of inferior quality: the pull-cords have snapped and the tracks have curtAins stuck at random points and the curtAin hooks keep falling off and out. We tried a second set of replacements but sadly same poor quality. A real shame.
Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 19:28
Damas in Satwa for curtains and wallpaper
Latest post on 02 July 2011 - 14:16
Ok thanks! Will check them out xx
Latest post on 02 July 2011 - 14:07
Al Sharafi Upholstery in Satwa. They are on the road with all the pet and gardening shops that leads to the Iranian Hospital. Don't have contact details with me right now. But I used them before and was very happy.
Latest post on 02 July 2011 - 14:03
Sense furnishings in Satwa. Charged me 2000 for a huge ceiling to floor & wall to wall balcony door/window and roman blinds for 2 bedroom windows. Top quality. Call 04-3494877
Latest post on 29 June 2011 - 16:48
Thanks but Ganesh sounds a bit upmarket for my needs! I'm really just after some alterations and a pair of curtains. <em>edited by KarenBlixen on 29/06/2011</em>
Latest post on 29 June 2011 - 16:35
My friend used Ganesh http://www.expatechodubai.com/new-to-dubai/services/curtains-upholstery/
Latest post on 29 June 2011 - 16:14
Thanks Kelly! Will check him out. If anyone knows of someone closer that would be great too.
Latest post on 29 June 2011 - 13:36
i've used jamal from golden scissors twice in the last 4 years - very nice man and not crazy prices. he has a shop somewhere on szr although have never visited it- he always bought fabrics etc to me. he covers your area. number is 050 588 2773.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY