Jumeirah Village Triangle | ExpatWoman.com

Jumeirah Village Triangle

Latest post on 05 May 2012 - 15:58
OK good... can you delete it on your thread too.. thank you;)
Latest post on 05 May 2012 - 15:55
Thanks for all the advice. It looks as we'll be heading for JVT. Other half looked at a 2 bed in The Springs, said the location was lovely but didn't think we'd manage with the 2 dogs as the space looked smaller than what we have here in the UK and it's a squeeze now. No probs.... glad you have found a place where you can go. If you need any other help, then just contact me :) Thanks Roysie, a coffee would be good once I get there ;) Got it thanks <em>edited by Dilys on 05/05/2012</em>
Latest post on 05 May 2012 - 15:54
Thanks for all the advice. It looks as we'll be heading for JVT. Other half looked at a 2 bed in The Springs, said the location was lovely but didn't think we'd manage with the 2 dogs as the space looked smaller than what we have here in the UK and it's a squeeze now. No probs.... glad you have found a place where you can go. If you need any other help, then just contact me :) Thanks Roysie, a coffee would be good once I get there[/qu <em>edited by roysie on 05/05/2012</em>
Latest post on 05 May 2012 - 15:44
Thanks for all the advice. It looks as we'll be heading for JVT. Other half looked at a 2 bed in The Springs, said the location was lovely but didn't think we'd manage with the 2 dogs as the space looked smaller than what we have here in the UK and it's a squeeze now. No probs.... glad you have found a place where you can go. If you need any other help, then just contact me :) Thanks Roysie, a coffee would be good once I get there
Latest post on 05 May 2012 - 15:39
Thanks for all the advice. It looks as we'll be heading for JVT. Other half looked at a 2 bed in The Springs, said the location was lovely but didn't think we'd manage with the 2 dogs as the space looked smaller than what we have here in the UK and it's a squeeze now. No probs.... glad you have found a place where you can go. If you need any other help, then just contact me :)
Latest post on 05 May 2012 - 15:32
Thanks for all the advice. It looks as we'll be heading for JVT. Other half looked at a 2 bed in The Springs, said the location was lovely but didn't think we'd manage with the 2 dogs as the space looked smaller than what we have here in the UK and it's a squeeze now.
Latest post on 05 May 2012 - 15:09
Dilys... there are 2 bed villas at Shorooq, Mirdiff for around 78-80. Also have you looked at the Springs, you can pick a 2 bed there for around 80-83. ;)
Latest post on 04 May 2012 - 20:48
Can anyone let me know if the DEWA bills are really as bad as some people say. We're seriously thinking about JVT, 2 adults and 2 dogs. Dilys can I suggest Layan... its a beautiful place to live and good for walking dogs Trouble is we have a very tight budget and we do want a villa, not something on 1 level. May I ask your budget? 90k at a push we could go slightly higher, but we will need to budget for kitchen appliances and the villas at JVC and JVT have them included. If you hear of anything I'm all ears though
Latest post on 04 May 2012 - 19:18
I'm also looking at moving to Jumeirah Village but the DEWA costs being described are being to worry me.. I also have a pretty tight budget and I would hate to move then be hit with a high bill.... Is the reason the DEWA is high becuase there is still a great deal of construction taking place so the workers are tapping into the main feeding lines causing the bills to be high for everyone nearby? if not does anybody know if the flats DEWA costs are lower? TIA
Latest post on 04 May 2012 - 19:01
Can anyone let me know if the DEWA bills are really as bad as some people say. We're seriously thinking about JVT, 2 adults and 2 dogs. Dilys can I suggest Layan... its a beautiful place to live and good for walking dogs Trouble is we have a very tight budget and we do want a villa, not something on 1 level. May I ask your budget?
Latest post on 04 May 2012 - 18:30
Dilys .... DEWA are a law unto themselves our water consumption is relatively stable month on month, electricity is more in the summer but bills are erratic and we swing from 900 AED our lowest to 5000+ in the summer, we are extremely frugal with energy. When we lived on Ranches the percentage increase was the same, please over budget for DEWA since we arrived they have implemented several additional charges - its the bill we dread every month. I am so careful with water and electricity would hate to think what our bills would be if I wasn't x. We are a 4 bed, 2 adults and a child.
Latest post on 04 May 2012 - 18:17
Can anyone let me know if the DEWA bills are really as bad as some people say. We're seriously thinking about JVT, 2 adults and 2 dogs. Dilys can I suggest Layan... its a beautiful place to live and good for walking dogs Trouble is we have a very tight budget and we do want a villa, not something on 1 level.
Latest post on 04 May 2012 - 18:11
Can anyone let me know if the DEWA bills are really as bad as some people say. We're seriously thinking about JVT, 2 adults and 2 dogs. Dilys can I suggest Layan... its a beautiful place to live and good for walking dogs
Latest post on 04 May 2012 - 18:09
Can anyone let me know if the DEWA bills are really as bad as some people say. We're seriously thinking about JVT, 2 adults and 2 dogs.
Latest post on 17 October 2011 - 17:35
Hi Kereebler, Please could you email me the list of takeaways ;) [email protected] Thanks
Latest post on 17 October 2011 - 17:01
We moved to JVT inJune our DEWA bills peaked at 1800aed in the summer andare nowabout 1000aed/month. Weare in a 2 bed townhouse which are bigger upstairs and smaller downstairs than the indespendants but with amuch moremanageabl size garden.Lotsof space for the money and same time to spinneys as we were from springs. We use the pool at the springs too. Good if on a budget. Town house have the potenial to convert upstairs tv lounge into 3rd bedroom. We pay 85k 4 cheques. Please can i have the delivery info for the resteraunts thatdeliver here [email protected] Also can you letmeknow how much forall the garden stuff? TIA <em>edited by nutty on 17/10/2011</em>
Latest post on 17 October 2011 - 16:13
We moved to JVT in May and we get very high DEWA bills (AED 5000) we are only 2 people with no kids or animals, we also thinking to move next year i think it is too much to pay the same about of rent to DEWA. Also i used to live in springs and we used to pay maximum AED 1000 per month. It is a pity to leave this place we really like it but what to do??!!!
Latest post on 28 September 2011 - 21:13
I love it in JVT. Got animals so it's good for me. My DEWA bills have been from 600 in the winter (without any garden watering) and 1800 in summer including some garden watering. I only put the water on for 10 mins a day and it's just for some plants and trees; we don't have grass. This does not include the housing fee. I have a whole folder of take away places that deliver here - Ange74, give me your email address if you want me to send them to you (Although I know you're moving soon) The thing that annoys me the most is that they just block off an entrance in/out to main roads without any warning. I've found I'm ok as I have a 4x4 so can get to most places anyway, but if I had a normal car then I'd be going out of my way. Also it looks like these will be finished soon. a couple of different people who work in construction have told me JVT 'has to be finished' by December this year - some kind of orders from above (although not sure exactly what that means but they have been working round the clock recently to get stuff done). Personally I think it's better if you get a place without landscaping so you don't have to take responsibility for keeping it all alive. I paid 85 with 1 cheques for my place. Hope this helps
Latest post on 28 September 2011 - 19:39
Hi Ange74 Just seen your post regarding leaving JVT. We are about to move there and just hope we do not get hit with a big DEWA bill. Was wondering if you had sold your curtains and other stuff. Please advise as we would be very interested. Kind Regards Kay <em>edited by kaysanewby on 28/09/2011</em>
Latest post on 18 August 2011 - 21:13
Update - 4 Complaints raised by me, 2 by the landlord and DEWA still believes everything is ok. Ive checked my consumption daily and my water consumption is 23,497 and electric consumption is 4000, which equates to 2500dhs (DEWA on line calculators up and until the 18th of August at 9am. Ive removed 50% of the grass and irrigation and Ive put down the smalls stones. July's bill is 5014dhs, June's bill was 5575dhs. So, today, I recluctantly handed in my notice with a 2 months penality. I will be moving in the next month :-( I just cant justify DEWA being nearly the same amount as my rent when I live in this property on my own. So ladies, grab yourself a bargain. Ive got a full house of blinds that are only 2 months old that I need to sell, along with Palm Tree's, plants, grass, gravel, irrigation, garden storage, garden table and other things which are only 2 months old.
Latest post on 10 August 2011 - 20:34
Yes, Im one of those tenants who have a massive DEWA bill. 5500dhs the first month and 5075dhs the 2nd month. I pay 90,000 over 4 cheques but you can push for more cheques. There is nothing here in JVT, which suits me as I have 5 dogs so I can give them a good stretch in the desert. You cant get any food delivery either and also your forced to use Luther gas who asks for 1500dhs dep for a gas bottle and then a further 500dhs for the gas bottle and gas. The nearest shops are in the Springs and Motor City. There isnt any ammenities. There are some villas that have the gardens already done. To give you a rough price, irrigation is about 3000dhs, grass 5000dhs, palm tree's 600dhs. If you use a hose it will empty your tank and you wont be able to get a shower for a few hours. After speaking to a Nakheel consultant, the tanks were designed in such a way to get you to put in irrigation. Also, irrigation uses up 35% more water. He also told me that the ac units that they use, are really too big and use up to much electricity for a small villa. The government owns DEWA and Nakheel is part of the government, so one puts in things so that the other can charge you more. Fun eh and Im not bitter :-) There isnt any apartments in JVT, just villa's and town houses. The apartments are in JVC, Jumeriah Village Circle. They have also closed the road that I used to use to get back onto Al Khail Rd, now I need to go down to Emirates Road, go round the DIP Roundabout, come back on myself and go on the Sports City Roadabout to get onto the Al Khail Rd for work. If you still want to move out here, move into a property that has had tenants in it before and they can give you a copy of their DEWA bill. Ive just had my water meter replaced and hopefully DEWA will change my electric meter sometime early next week. They still dont know why Im consuming 2600dhs in water and 2500dhs in electric when Im a single woman, living along and working 8am-6pm. Sorry for the doom and gloom, but at least you can make an informed decision. If I knew this, I wouldnt have moved to JVT.
Latest post on 10 August 2011 - 19:18
I would also be interested to know how's it like living there? I saw a couple of good-priced flats in Jumeirah Village.
Latest post on 10 August 2011 - 19:17
Hi, can't answer your questions. I would like, however, to point you towards a couple of threads on this forum concerning rather expensive problems some tenants at the Jumeirah Triangle have with Dewa/utility bills.
Latest post on 10 August 2011 - 18:07
I have a couple of financial questions regarding the 2 bedroom villas if anyone could be so kind to help :) On the subject of rent ... how much did you pay in how many cheques ? So far I have seen from 90-100K 1-4 cheques. Also... If you had to landscape the property yourselves ie. just grass.... what costs were incurred? Thanks in advance ladies

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY