How to: Close down a company in Dubai help please! | ExpatWoman.com

How to: Close down a company in Dubai help please!

Latest post on 11 August 2011 - 18:02

Hi There,

Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Long story short, I have a company which I want to close down here. I'm not getting on with my agency/sponsor so they're not being particularly helpful. I would be terminating the agreement before the year is up. It's not a retail business or anything, just a professional license with 1 visa, and an exorbitantly expensive serviced office. Now I've already found I'll have to pay a 2 month penalty to cancel the lease agreement, but I've now been told I'll have to pay almost 10'000 dirhams to cancel the trade license. I'm a bit suspicious about the price, so trying to find out if anyone has any experience dissolving a small company, and if so what it cost, and how you'd go about doing it?

Thanks,
AS

Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 18:50
Thanks a lot for your answer, @jellymum,my company had 0profit.So i hope i dont need an accountant for that. I have met many companies to close the company ,come of them asked 40000aed!!!!! Thats why i prefer to close it by myself. And i dont trust all this company which can close their office very fast after taking all the money. @innon,i m thinking to do that as well,but i dont know how,there is company for that? i just heard about it.
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 14:41
Hi everyone, I am closing my LLC,i have been to DED,they just give two forms with all the steps for closing the llc.I didn't understand everything. I have read on this forum some threads but its old,in 2011. I think that the things has changed since 2011. So please if someone can advise me,ded told me that i should pass by the liquidator,but this company charges a lot,and i mean im free ,i have time so with patience,i can do it by myself. Thanks to read me S Why don't you sell your company instead?
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 11:53
Hi There, Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Long story short, I have a company which I want to close down here. I'm not getting on with my agency/sponsor so they're not being particularly helpful. I would be terminating the agreement before the year is up. It's not a retail business or anything, just a professional license with 1 visa, and an exorbitantly expensive serviced office. Now I've already found I'll have to pay a 2 month penalty to cancel the lease agreement, but I've now been told I'll have to pay almost 10'000 dirhams to cancel the trade license. I'm a bit suspicious about the price, so trying to find out if anyone has any experience dissolving a small company, and if so what it cost, and how you'd go about doing it? Thanks, AS Did it this time last year with a small professional company. In a nutshell: - cancel all visas; and get confirming statement from Ministry of Labour; - then go and get same from Immigration; - close bank accounts; - get termination agreement drafted, signed by all partners and notarized - return to DED with all documents - cancel licence Seem to remember we paid several AED000 for all this and it involved a lot of running around.
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 11:07
Hi everyone, I am closing my LLC,i have been to DED,they just give two forms with all the steps for closing the llc.I didn't understand everything. I have read on this forum some threads but its old,in 2011. I think that the things has changed since 2011. So please if someone can advise me,ded told me that i should pass by the liquidator,but this company charges a lot,and i mean im free ,i have time so with patience,i can do it by myself. Thanks to read me S
Latest post on 11 August 2011 - 20:14
I had four small businesses at one time and no PRO -- I did everything myself. Things are so much easier now as they have represententative offices (like labor) located within the economic dept. building itself -- unlike the running around town as before. It will require sponcer's signature for everything, but the first thing you need to do is cancel any labor visa's first, then you cancel labor license (card), then immigration license (card), and then the business license. If you go to the Economic Dept., the people there are pretty helpful when it is not so crowded. All paperwork will need to be typed up by typist, signed by sponsor, and then taken to the appropriate dept. Most typists are very helpful as they do this all the time and know the procedures well. Make sure you have plenty of copies of everything, the originals of the LIcense, Labor Card and Immigration Card as well. It's not fun, but with plenty of patience you can do it yourself. Good luck.
Latest post on 11 August 2011 - 20:06
Hi AdviceSeeker, You can call the Department of Economic Development and ask them as they are the ones who have issued the license and that's where you would do the cancellation. Here are some links which you may find helpful... there are a number of cancellation fees listed so it may be worth calling to see which ones would apply to your license. HTH. [url=http://www.dubaided.gov.ae/English/reglcening/Fees/default.aspx'>List of fees[/url'> [url=http://www.dubaided.gov.ae/English/reglcening/LicCanc/IndEst/default.aspx'>Individual Company Cancellation[/url'> [url=http://www.dubaided.gov.ae/English/abtus/ContUs/default.aspx'>Contact Us[/url'>
Latest post on 11 August 2011 - 19:28
Everything was handled by my (now ex)-sponsor and/or is PRO. As I never had to handle anything to do with legalities am afraid I can't help any further here...
Latest post on 11 August 2011 - 19:00
Just recently cancelled a sole proprietorship trade licence (with three categories & 1 visa). Cancellation fees including visa & labour card cost just under AED 4k. Can you ask for a receipt / statement? Good luck! Thanks crystalsindubai! Did you do it yourself or did you have a company/pro doing it for you? If you did it yourself was it hard and time consuming? Thanks
Latest post on 11 August 2011 - 18:21
Just recently cancelled a sole proprietorship trade licence (with three categories & 1 visa). Cancellation fees including visa & labour card cost just under AED 4k. Can you ask for a receipt / statement? Good luck!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY