Wii for kids? | ExpatWoman.com

Wii for kids?

Latest post on 25 August 2011 - 12:48

I am not a video game person at all, but have heard soo much about Wii - and i believe it is a good option for kids, in terms of an activity during TV time instead of watching cartoon's. Would you agree? I have a three year old boy (very active and needs loads of activities), does any one have an idea if this is sutiable for that age group? As ive heard that its got some games like tennis etc that kids can also play and enjoy....?? Would really appreciate some feedback on this ladies, TIA

Latest post on 06 September 2015 - 15:17
I love the wii. It is my favourite gaming console. For a three year old boy you are going to want to buy games like: 1. Go Diego go (safari/ dinosaurs/ arctic are separate games in the series) this is a really fun game for younger kids, they only need to press one button and it's so easy to play. There is the option to play by levels where you just run past collecting points, or you can play mini games, swimming, digging, drumming, climbing rocks, monkey bars, pogo stick, etc. it's a one player game, player 2 is just a helper (not really needed as the game is so simple) 2. Just Dance Kids or Just Dance Juniors. This game is so simple too. All they have to do is dance and the songs are really age appropriate. There is no loosing in these games, just dancing so it's perfect for a little exercise. 3. Wii sports or sports resort. Some games are really simple like tennis and baseball and would be good for a 3 year old to play alone. But other games like archery and bowling might be a little harder and he would need your help. Other games to consider later on as your child gets a little older, or if you have an interest in 'helping play the game' would be games like, bob the builder, Thomas the tank engine, cosmic family, Disney think fast (if you have a group of children), mario kart, Lego, family ski, wii party
Latest post on 02 September 2015 - 08:33
If you need gaming console without need to press buttons..why not get an XBOX 360 with KINECT sensor and pick up one of their Kinect adventures or sports CD. All menus (very few of them) are operated with hand gestures and young kids pick it up very early.
Latest post on 01 September 2015 - 11:01
Those Parents,who feel that your child may develop an aggressive and a violent nature, think about games especially Wii games which could be fun while playing for them. Read out this article,listed some of the best WII games for kids that would also provide full-time entertainment to your child. [url=http://www.momjunction.com/articles/best-wii-games-for-kids_00344791/'>http://www.momjunction.com/articles/best-wii-games-for-kids_00344791[/url'>
Latest post on 25 August 2011 - 13:56
How about an ipad loaded with games suitable for age...there are loads which could be downloaded for hardly any cost... my LO is 8 and loves ipad games much more than her PSP ....

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY