Salary in hongkong | ExpatWoman.com

Salary in hongkong

Latest post on 29 September 2011 - 13:23

My friend has been offered a salary of 100000 hkd all inclusive. Is it enough for family of 3 and 1 on the way to have a comfortable lifestyle with saving a bit.

My friend is not much in nightlife and pubs but crazy abt food. Also the kid is in international school here , so would expect the same.

Thanks

Latest post on 29 September 2011 - 13:39
That's per month right? Does that include any housing allowance? I think if they didn't blow out their budget on accommodation (so easy to do in HK), they will be able to be comfortable and save a bit. They would be best looking somewhere like Discovery Bay or Pokfulam for accommodation, not Repulse Bay/Stanley or The Peak too expensive. Groceries are on par with here, I think eating out a little cheaper. Transport heaps cheaper and more plentiful than here. Cars aren't too outrageous to buy like in Singapore, but more than here. Fuel is more. International private schools are pricey, we paid heaps more than here, but there are very good British curriculum schools on the island (ie. not Kowloon side), depending where you live is the catchment for each school. So if they lived in Pokfulam it would be Kennedy school. These are part of the ESF (English Schools Foundation). These schools are primarily expat. There was a post yesterday about living in HK, so you will see some more info on there.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY