Can anyone recommend a good hairdresser for highlights? | ExpatWoman.com

Can anyone recommend a good hairdresser for highlights?

Latest post on 05 October 2011 - 20:31

Hi

I am really struggling to find a good hairdresser who can do highlights the way I am use to in the UK. Can anyone recommend a good stylist or salon that is reasonably priced? I live in JBR. As longs as it's not miles and miles away I will travel - I. need. my. hair. done!

Thanks!

Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 09:59
Thanks a lot for your answers!!! I have an appointment for tomorrow to Salon Ink, can't wait.... :))) hope the taxi driver can find it. :) It is pretty easy, especially now the main road actually drives past it, look out for the Omnix Building.
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 09:28
LADIES! LADIES! LADIES....Ive lived in Dubai for 6 yrs and being blonde have struggled to find a good hairdresser. In the past i have spent a fortune ( over 1000 aed) on my hair and always seem to still have roots when i left the salon..Then i found "Helen" at Style and Class london JBR..( from the UK ) A friend recommended me after visting the salon and have her highlights done. we are both now so happy with our hair and cant stop smiling :)) I had a full head of foils and a cut and blowdry for under 800 aed :))
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 17:24
Thanks a lot for your answers!!! I have an appointment for tomorrow to Salon Ink, can't wait.... :))) hope the taxi driver can find it. :)
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 17:09
I personally recommend you to visit Zen Asia Spa located in Dubai Jumeirah Lake Towers !
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 12:22
Stephanie at Salon Ink is excellent, I am sure Dalma is also really good as Salon Ink really do not do bad hairdressers! LIKE
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 12:19
Debbie at Pastels Mercato, previously Salon Inc, fantastic with blonde hair. Friend is blonde and tried several salons including Toni and Guy and was so happy with Debbie.
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 11:10
Stephanie at Salon Ink is excellent, I am sure Dalma is also really good as Salon Ink really do not do bad hairdressers!
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 10:44
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a good salon for my blonde highlights. I always travelled back to my home country to do my hair, but now I feel myself brave enough to plunge into Dubai's hair world. I am very scared to have yellow highlights... (or even other colours!) Has anyone tried and liked the Beauty Lounge in Springs Town Center? The one with the big Spinneys. I read Salon Ink is very good, has anyone tried the Hungarian girl, Dalma?? Or Stephanie perhaps? Hello I am a Salon Inker.. Stephanie is good but i dont know about Dalma sorry I am a blond too and they are the only hairdressers i would ever go to here :-) Thanks a lot!
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 10:42
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a good salon for my blonde highlights. I always travelled back to my home country to do my hair, but now I feel myself brave enough to plunge into Dubai's hair world. I am very scared to have yellow highlights... (or even other colours!) Has anyone tried and liked the Beauty Lounge in Springs Town Center? The one with the big Spinneys. I read Salon Ink is very good, has anyone tried the Hungarian girl, Dalma?? Or Stephanie perhaps? Thanks a lot!
Latest post on 23 November 2011 - 17:11
SpongeMonkey: I don't know if he worked there, he has been in Dubai a good few years, I have only been going to him for the past year. He really has done the best highlights I have had in a long time, my hairdresser at home commented that they were really good. Freckly: I can't remember exactly, but it's 650Dhs or 750Dhs, my hair is shoulder length. If you want a cut he will recommend one of the other guys, that is the only downside, I find. I have tried a few of the hairdressers there now, I think Raoul and Batha are the best of them. When you book the highlights you need to tell him you would like to have a cut at the same time.
Latest post on 23 November 2011 - 17:05
Salok Ink in Oud Metha...love love love them!! Sharon is the best, I absolutely will not go to anyone else but her. I am happy to travel from JLT because it's worth it!
Latest post on 23 November 2011 - 16:45
martin at saks in downtown. he also has a new stylist called lorraine who did my hair lats week (martin's in t he uk at the moment). she was good.
Latest post on 23 November 2011 - 16:43
Anyone else used Patrick at JetSet ??? I have tried so many salons and still not satisfied. I am still confident male hairdressers are the best.
Latest post on 22 November 2011 - 10:55
I like Juan's Salon in JLT. Great for color and highlights. I think they are running a special this month.
Latest post on 22 November 2011 - 09:58
Hi I am really struggling to find a good hairdresser who can do highlights the way I am use to in the UK. Can anyone recommend a good stylist or salon that is reasonably priced? I live in JBR. As longs as it's not miles and miles away I will travel - I. need. my. hair. done! Thanks! Salon Ink :-)
Latest post on 22 November 2011 - 09:50
Mum2girls- How much does Patrick charge for highlights? Also, if you want to get a cut done too, then does someone else in Jetset do it after he does your highlights for you?? I tried Nabila at Hairworks in JBR but she did my hightlights way too blonde, then i changed to hairworks in IBn and they were good, still looking out for somewhere i can fully trust and keep going back too. DubaiChick- Hairworks ibn no is : 044512777 last time i checked..
Latest post on 21 November 2011 - 21:19
I use Patrick at Jetset in Grosvenor house. He was recommend to me on here, I have been going to him for almost 1 year now, he does a really great job with my blonde highlights. He is Irish and worked for years in a big-name salon in London, he only does color, does not do a cut. Did he used to be at Paul Bryan here in Dubai years ago?
Latest post on 21 November 2011 - 18:31
Helen Marsh @ Style & Class London JBR - Jewels Towers is fabulous !! 056 691 3643
Latest post on 21 November 2011 - 18:23
Debbie owns Hair Salon at the Park and Shop mall. Her salon is next the Shakespeare and Co. 043945622. I recently was in England and several women asked where I had my highlights done. They really liked them. Debbie does my hair but there are several other stylists from South Africa, Scotland, and Austrailia, I think.
Latest post on 20 November 2011 - 17:43
I use Patrick at Jetset in Grosvenor house. He was recommend to me on here, I have been going to him for almost 1 year now, he does a really great job with my blonde highlights. He is Irish and worked for years in a big-name salon in London, he only does color, does not do a cut.
Latest post on 20 November 2011 - 17:26
Hi katieW1 Do you have a number for Hairworks at Ibn, checked their website and cannot find anything on there for the Salon. thanks Tel: 04 451 2777 - they have an advert on here, I took the number from there.
Latest post on 20 November 2011 - 17:06
Hi katieW1 Do you have a number for Hairworks at Ibn, checked their website and cannot find anything on there for the Salon. thanks
Latest post on 06 October 2011 - 10:45
Hi All Thanks all I managed to get Janice @ Hairworks tomorrow - phew!
Latest post on 06 October 2011 - 10:00
Right on your doorstep - Habtoor Grand. Salon downstairs and ask for Najib the manager. Only guys that work in the salon. He's great and if you do go tell him Cathy recommended him. Good luck
Latest post on 05 October 2011 - 21:05
Great Hairdresser I've just tried is Paula at Christophe Nicolas Biot SalonSouth Ridge 4, Burj Residence, Dubai DownTown
Latest post on 05 October 2011 - 21:05
Do a search on here for Maureen, she's mobile, from the uk and great with colour. Reasonable too.
Latest post on 05 October 2011 - 20:58
Haven't been anywhere else here so not much to compare with...but I went to Hair Works at Ibn Battuta Mall and someone called Janice did highlights for me. She did a really good job and I'd go back to her.
Latest post on 05 October 2011 - 20:35
Hi Katie, I would recommend either Tina or Karen at Reflections on Al Wasl Rd (between Al Manara and Umm Al Sheif) - they are both UK trained and use fantastic products and are very good at highlights. Their number is 04-3944595. Enjoy!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY