FS1 GEMS Silicon Oasis | ExpatWoman.com

FS1 GEMS Silicon Oasis

Latest post on 22 November 2011 - 16:49
Yep we have a place all confirmed etc was confirmed end of October also they invited us too meet the teachers etc think they must be doing it in stages. We re just waiting for my yr 7 to be confirmed for next yr.
Latest post on 22 November 2011 - 13:52
Yeah. I've checked in with them and there are still places - it seems my paperwork had gone AWOL so just resubmitted and keeping fingers crossed!
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 22:14
U mean a place for 2012 September?
Latest post on 13 November 2011 - 16:23
I am still following up with the school to see if my daughter got a place for Sept - has anyone officially been told FS1 2011-12 is full
Latest post on 27 October 2011 - 09:26
My dd will be one of the youngest we went yesterday for a play and look around.... And have been offered a place for next September. I've been abit nervous as she's so young but spoke to a few teachers and one had 2 augest children and said they settled in very quickly this term. I think at this age it doesnt really matter if they are one of the youngest or eldest children are very adaptable.
Latest post on 20 October 2011 - 15:00
Thanks ladies, I'm just so nervous to send my DD as although academically I think she will be ok she is very clingy with me, when I take her to nursery most kids seem happy to go and confident in themselves she doesn't, well not until I leave that is!! It's great news that you are both pleased with the school and the teachers though.
Latest post on 19 October 2011 - 11:31
Hi There, my son is on the older end of the spectrum, 4 in November, so I can only comment on the actual school/program itself. My DS is having an absolute ball! He totally loves it - so much that he barely even looks at us as we walk out the door. We have to all back to him to get our final goodbyes in. His teacher is awesome! He comes home singing new songs, writing a number or a letter here and there. It's half day and he comes home with lots of enthusiasm. I am really happy with the school - it has a lovely positive community vibe....On the other hand, my DD went to another British school actually 4 weeks before she turned 3 - she too thrived in the environment. She is a very outgoing kid and adapted very quickly. She adored it!!!!
Latest post on 13 October 2011 - 18:18
Hi Claire08 my son is the youngest in his class, having turned 3 in July and I was quite apprehensive about being left behind and not being able to fit in with the long hours etc. Well 3 weeks on and he has fully integrated in the school and loves going; if it was for him he'd go even at the weekend. Btw he attends the dso Wellington and I am very pleased with the choice; I can only comment on his teacher and she is fantastic, has extensive experience within fs1 and my son has already shown tremendous progress with his speech and behaviour. If you're debating whether or not to put him into school at only 3 I'd say do it; I'm an active mum and always made sure my son was involved in some type of activity every day. I have however just realised that he wasn't being stimulated appropriately by merely attending play groups and he now does so much at school! I hope this helps a bit with your choice
Latest post on 11 October 2011 - 17:18
Hi, I would appreciate any feedback from mums with kids in FS1 and how they are doing, especially on any kids that have just turned 3 (young FS1's). Thank you

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY