Dog Trainer / Behaviour classes | ExpatWoman.com

Dog Trainer / Behaviour classes

Latest post on 15 October 2011 - 19:30

Hi All,

I have two wonderful babies, but i was hoping that you could recomend me dog training classes?

I want to teach my pup the basic's but mostly she is a barker and i want to try to stop that if i can. She loves & plays with my husband but once he goes upstairs and makes a slight noise she barks and growls and is glued to me. They sleep on there bed in our bedroom and when my husband comes to bed n she can hear him come upstirs there is again growling and barking until he come close and her tail starts wagging and she licks him to death! if there is a slight noise outside she starts barking also. Not sure if she is protecting me? i dont know why but she follows me everywhere as does my other baby but she only barks when she hears noises outside.

Any advice / recommendations greatly appreciated!

Latest post on 15 October 2011 - 19:59
Hi Suzy, A friend of mine has used http://www.dubaidogtrainer.com/ to help train her puppy. she was very impressed with the service :)
Latest post on 15 October 2011 - 19:57
I can't recommend a trainer, but just a thought... your dog is definitely protecting you, bless her but when she starts barking does your husband call to her so she knows it is him and not a stranger? If not, get him to try it, when she starts up, just get him to call out "It's okay so-and-so it's just me ssshhhh shhhhh, it's okay", in a gentle voice that she would recognise, it may just help calm her. It's not a bad thing if she barks when there is someone outside, will certainly deter any burglars, haha, but it is obviously annoying if it is at every little thing. Maybe try the shhh shhh, it's okay, followed by a treat when she stops barking so she learns that being quiet is a good thing. Also - Do you jump when you hear a noise outside? If so, she is probably picking up on your worry and 'voicing' it for you both...

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY