How to sponsor a maid/nanny NOT from the 6 DNRD allowed nationalities | ExpatWoman.com

How to sponsor a maid/nanny NOT from the 6 DNRD allowed nationalities

Latest post on 01 August 2014 - 23:33
Has anyone found a mandarin speaking nanny or housemaid? Did going to Dragonmart help in the search? Any response will be much appreciated.
Latest post on 28 July 2013 - 23:05
I know this is an old thread but I too was wondering if anyone has managed to do this successfully? I would love to hire a Thai maid/nanny but am not sure if it is allowed here. Has anyone here hired maids from Thailand and how did you go about it?
Latest post on 12 March 2013 - 12:35
Dear Megdxb we are moving this summer from Beijing and are going to try to bring our Ayi. Could I ask if you brought yours on a visitor visa and then planned to convert the visa? Did you get the 3 months or did you get a tourist visa? KCZOSN: How did you application go? If anyone has any further advice on how to do this please let me know. Thanks to all
Latest post on 09 June 2012 - 06:13
We are also looking for a chinese maid . We lived in China just before Dubai and would like to mentain our children's level of Chinese. Recently I have found out there is a website Dubai-China where people would place such adds http://www.dibaichina.com/ We have also tryed to go to DragonMart and talk to some chinese vendors there about our maid search. will see if this brings any results....
Latest post on 23 October 2011 - 10:54
Thanks. We will go to DNRD this week and present our case. Hopefully it will be justification enough... I will post how it went.
Latest post on 21 October 2011 - 11:52
It is possible to do, we started the process for a Chinese maid last year (but did not finish the visa for multiple reasons). You go about getting the visa the same way you would for an approved nationality, except that they will ask you for justification at DNRD. We explained that we had moved here from China and we wanted our daughter to continue learning Chinese and to have her same nanny whom she had become very close with. They approved this and gave us the visa paperwork so that we could proceed with her medical. We brought our Chinese maid here on a visit visa before starting the sponsorship process to see if she liked it before paying all of the fee's for her maids visa. It was quite lonely here for her - she is shy and although her English was strong enough to converse with us, she had a hard time uderstanding different accents. She wasn't used to being so far from her husband and in the end decided that being here wasn't the right thing for her so we sent her back before finalizing the visa. Good luck! I would love to have a Chinese nanny as well, but MegDXB brings up some really excellent points that we experienced first hand. We briefly hired a Thai nanny, but ultimately it wasn't working out. Most of the maids in our area are Fillipinas, Sri Lankans, and Indians, so it was a really lonely and isolating experience for her as her English was very limited. If you know someone that has a Chinese nanny as well, then this could help. We tried finding a Thai friend or community for her, but it was difficult. I know it can be done, but it may be a big challenge for her.
Latest post on 16 October 2011 - 15:27
It is possible to do, we started the process for a Chinese maid last year (but did not finish the visa for multiple reasons). You go about getting the visa the same way you would for an approved nationality, except that they will ask you for justification at DNRD. We explained that we had moved here from China and we wanted our daughter to continue learning Chinese and to have her same nanny whom she had become very close with. They approved this and gave us the visa paperwork so that we could proceed with her medical. We brought our Chinese maid here on a visit visa before starting the sponsorship process to see if she liked it before paying all of the fee's for her maids visa. It was quite lonely here for her - she is shy and although her English was strong enough to converse with us, she had a hard time uderstanding different accents. She wasn't used to being so far from her husband and in the end decided that being here wasn't the right thing for her so we sent her back before finalizing the visa. Good luck!
Latest post on 15 October 2011 - 23:11
I believe you can put a case forward saying for example, your children don't speak English so you really need some support with whom they can communicate OR have your sponsor sponsor them on a business visa ( probably not strictly legal). The first option depends who you get on the day, the second may involve risks in regards to the legalities. I'll watch this thread with interest!
Latest post on 15 October 2011 - 23:06
Does anyone know how to sponsor a CHINESE maid/nanny? As far as I know only 6 nationalities are allowed (Bangladesh, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Sri Lanka.). Is that correct? Does Immigration give exception to this rule? If so, what kind of a business case do you need to present? We would like our daughter to learn some chinese Mandarin and having a Chinese maid would be perfect. Any advice appreciated!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY