BABY STUFF HELP | ExpatWoman.com

BABY STUFF HELP

Latest post on 15 October 2011 - 23:44

okay I have a few questions... I'm due to have our second boy in a few weeks and trying to get organized...

Where can I get Playtex drop inns??? I have the bottles and can't find the liners. I have only seen the breast milk storage bags at Safestway... I LOVE THESE BOTTLES and NEED these liners.

Where can I get baby water??? Is this not used here because I can't find it... The ped. recommended it in Kuwait to mix with the formula vs regular bottled water because of the fluoride...

Where can I get infant Similac formula??? (big cans) in Kuwait we used one with a gold rim... Back in the states I think the one we use is blue though... Not really picky about this just want to know where to get it and what kind is best for a newborn

Lastly has anyone seen pampers swaddlers or Huggies little snugg diapers... What about Huggies wipes (the thick ones)

Thanks everyone

Latest post on 18 October 2011 - 14:38
thanks everyone... :)
Latest post on 17 October 2011 - 19:55
Hi ShannonB, I know the baby water you mean, white, pale blue and pink label with a picture of a baby on it. They sell it in Spinneys. In the baby aisle. Alternative is Nestle brand in the normal water aisle. It has added fluoride.
Latest post on 17 October 2011 - 16:22
I may be wrong but from what I understand bottled water is ok for formula, I think by boiling it you can get rid of most of the minerals. Last time I was in spinneys I saw baby water there.
Latest post on 17 October 2011 - 13:42
Have you tried the Chubs wipes? they are much thicker than say johnsons..... (maybe thats the ones that smell like grapes?) Ive been trying to figure out what they smell like!
Latest post on 17 October 2011 - 11:42
I bought a couple of packs of Corine de Farme wipes at Le Marche in the Ranches a few weeks ago and found them far thicker than the Boots ones I had been using. More moist, too, so they were an all-round better wipe.
Latest post on 17 October 2011 - 10:36
Oh okay... Yeah I'm looking for the pre formed ones also. We were home for the summer so I got the nipples and a few boxes of the liners... among other things... but I didn't stock up... I didn't have a problem getting the liners in Kuwait so I just assumed they would be here too. I thought I had seen a post a while back where someone said they found a supplier of these... but I can't find the post... what is an Aramax account??? Sorry to hear about the reflux. My son had it pretty bad... We switched formula so many times, tried soy and everything finally Enfamil the one with the purple lid (I think) was what worked... that and burping frequently during feedings, we also added rice cereal about 2 months and he would sleep elevated... Eventually we got it under control... Good luck to you. So the regular bottled water is fine??? The pediatrician had told me with my son that bottled water doesn't have fluoride like American tap water which is what is usually used in the states to mix with the formula... so I needed to buy special baby water that has all the right stuff in it for babies... I bought cases of this in Kuwait, everyone I knew that had kids there used it... I asked at Safestway today and they said they were out but I'm not sure they really understood what I was asking for. Oh also I found the thick Huggies wipes at Waitrose at the Dubai mall and bought 2 packs but I haven't seen them anywhere since, had i known i would have bought their entire supply ... Maybe they will restock them there soon I hope. My mother in law is supposed to be coming for the birth of this one (still not official) but I guess I will have here stock up on liners and wipes... We are due to go home again at the begging of the year so I will stock up then too... Not sure exactly when yet, either Jan. or March.
Latest post on 16 October 2011 - 22:24
I've been through this right now with our 3 month old. Drop ins, you can only get the flat bags that say breast milk storage bags. We had the kind that are shaped like a cylinder, like the shape of the bottle, and you literally just drop it in. The ones they sell here are flat and you have to fold the tabs over the bottle. They say 4 oz but they don't truly hold 4 oz. We checked EVERYWHERE in this city and can't find the cylinder shaped ones. So I finally got an Aramex account and ordered them from Amazon in the states. I had 400 shipped over and some next size up Playtex nipples. I got free shipping from Amazon to my US Aramex address and then it only cost me 105 dhs to ship everything here. That's the best you can do to get those pre-formed drop ins. Otherwise you'll have to use the bags. I can't help you with the baby water as we have home delivery of bottled water and use that. The Similac you can get at several places and I've found C4 to be the best place. We had DD on the gas and fussiness for her first 2.5 months and recently found out she has reflux and can't tolerate the milk based formula so we switched her to the Similac Advanced HA that is lactose free. The hospital had her on the gas and fussiness from day one. I can only find the smaller cans of the Similac for birth to 6 months but noticed once you start the over 6 months formula you can find them in the bigger cans. We bought several of the BIG Similac plastic containers from Cosco while home this summer. We have one left that is the gas and fussiness. It has been opened but I think we made one bottle before we found out 2 weeks ago that DD can't drink it anymore. If y'all come over for TorT'ing you are more than welcome to it. I hate to throw out that much good formula. And again with the thick Huggies wipes, you won't find them here. We brought our's from Cosco this summer and I'm down to one last pack and will have my sister bring another suitcase full when she comes this Xmas. They don't sell thick wipes like we are used to in the states. I've tried almost every brand here and even the ones marked "thick" aren't like the Huggies wipes. I did find one that is a decent thickness but they were grape scented and I couldn't stand wiping their bottoms with something smelling of grape.
Latest post on 16 October 2011 - 22:04
Thank you very much for the offer. i might take you up on it, but i really need to find where i can get them on a regular basis...
Latest post on 16 October 2011 - 01:05
I have a box of 125 Standard Pre-Sterilized Disposable Liners 8ox by Playtex - is that what you are looking for? You're welcome to have the box as I bought it thinking they were for milk storage and freezing but as I do not use Playtex bottles, they are of no use to me. I live in the Green Community though (bought them in the Choithrams here a while ago) so am not sure if that is convenient for you!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY