Where to go for weekend getaway with toddler and older visitors? | ExpatWoman.com

Where to go for weekend getaway with toddler and older visitors?

Latest post on 16 October 2011 - 20:10

Was thinking RAK and/or Fujairah- can they be done in three days? Would have loved to go to Musandam as we've never been before, but our visitors only have single entry visas. Suggestions for where to stay/eat and/or other places to visit would be appreciated as our visitors are staying with us for two weeks. They're not as mobile/into adventurous trips as they're in their 70s. TIA!

Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 14:55
Most places I checked in RAK and Fujairah are full as I too was looking for somewhere to go during Eid. Only place I found and still have reasonable rates for such a beautiful hotel is the Shangri-la in Abu Dhabi. Been there before several times and its great with a small child. Staff are friendly, there are seversal kiddie's pools and location just across from the mosque is lovely and they have several beaches. When I checked 2 days ago for myself,they still had rooms.
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 14:39
Thanks pollydxb, looks like they're fully booked that weekend =(...
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 14:25
To visit Hatta, you don't need a visa or pass through any major border control. It is just a road side stop, where you show a man through your car window ID, passport.
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 13:53
Thanks, how's the traffic during Eid?
Latest post on 22 October 2011 - 08:00
Fujairah is a safe bet. Or Ras Al Khaimah. They both have nice hotels.
Latest post on 21 October 2011 - 20:08
Thanks, just read the thread on Omani visas and the wait to get through Hatta during Eid and am a bit freaked out. there's no way for us to travel in the wee hours and we've actually already been to Hatta Fort so would love to go somewhere different- question is whether travel to any of these places (RAK/Fujairah) will be just as bad and will all the hotels be booked up already...
Latest post on 16 October 2011 - 22:26
I second HFH. We went there a couple of weekends ago with our toddler, really good food, nice rooms, lots of things for the kids to do (big outside play area, mini golf - although our DS was a bit too young for this). There are 2 pools as well, one for children, and another 'adults only' pool, so the older visitors can take some quiet time by the pool if they like (along with a drink!) without all the noise of the kids.
Latest post on 16 October 2011 - 21:10
Just been to Hatta Fort Hotel for the weekend.....lovely for children and adults alike IMO. Food was really lovely and the scenery is stunning. Only hour and half drive too ;)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY