IBAN Introduction, UAE | ExpatWoman.com

IBAN Introduction, UAE

Latest post on 20 October 2011 - 10:39

Does anybody know exactly what is going on with the introduction of the IBAN code here in Dubai?

I am really confused.

Latest post on 20 October 2011 - 19:01
Do we need an Iban number for a UAE credit card aswell??? No, an IBAN number is simply the international format for account numbers.
Latest post on 20 October 2011 - 18:39
Do we need an Iban number for a UAE credit card aswell???
Latest post on 20 October 2011 - 16:57
OMG this is going to be horrendous, I am dreading it :(
Latest post on 20 October 2011 - 15:57
Getting the IBAN number is the easy part, I have just spent best part of 1 hour on the phone to the "help" desk trying to ascertain how it gets applied to my standing orders, after being put on hold umpteen times cos she did'nt have a clue as to what the proceedure is for that, finally get through to another person at the second call attempt who tells me I have will to call to advise them of the IBAN numbers and instruct them by telephone before November 19th to apply it to each and every standing order. They will not apply it automatically, even though they issue it. Now the IBAN number is a zillion digits long, how and why this has to be conveyed verbally to a bank that clearly can't handle a simple query is really concerning me not to mention the possiblity of the person taking the number incorrectly over the phone. What a merry go round this is turning into :\:
Latest post on 20 October 2011 - 13:38
We received a letter from our bank yesterday about this, detailing our account numbers and the new IBANs for each account. 'From 19th November IBANs will be used for all inward and outward remittances to, from and within the UAE and additionally for salary payments through the Wage Protection Scheme (WPS).' If the IBAN isn't used from the 19th November 'then the processing of both inward and outward payments to or from your account are likely to be rejected or may be delayed; additional processing charges may also be prescribed by Central Bank'. HTH.
Latest post on 20 October 2011 - 13:07
they should email you.
Latest post on 20 October 2011 - 11:25
Any idea on how the bank will let us know what our IBAN number will be, and will we need it for the WPS system to process salaries for December?
Latest post on 20 October 2011 - 10:46
it's coming in on the 18th or 19th november (can't remember exact date sorry) it's an effort to bring international banking standards to the UAE.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY