Need help ASAP regarding a 2BR apartment! | ExpatWoman.com

Need help ASAP regarding a 2BR apartment!

Latest post on 23 October 2011 - 17:53
Never had the AC on all the time - all night maybe but only in the bedroom. My bill measures the usage via a meter - hope it isnt true about the ac or I will be moving soon too! The managing agent assured me this is not the case. Have you looked at Madison Residency in Tecom? I saw a 2 bed there for under 70,000? AC included!
Latest post on 23 October 2011 - 12:42
You could look at a serviced apartments in those areas, all utilities included, as well as a cleaning service. So no need to worry about extra costs of a cleaner
Latest post on 23 October 2011 - 12:04
Thanks for the replies ladies... dubaisusan, can I ask if you used the AC all day? I'll be getting a maid soon so she will probably be running the AC all day and I'd like to get some idea of what the bill would be. bluecamel, ive looked in the greens - but cant find an apartment under AED80k. Gege_DXB i will try to look into JLT again and find out how the charges really work. Im afraid im running out of time as I need to move by the 1st Nov :( Does anyone know which buildings in Tecom to stay away from?
Latest post on 23 October 2011 - 09:26
My colleague is living in Lake Terrace and he advice the AC get charges according to your sqf and according to your your consumption. So it doesnt matter if you use the AC 24h/7 or not at all - the amount is always the same. I dont know if its true because my AC Charges are included. <em>edited by Gege_DXB on 23/10/2011</em>
Latest post on 23 October 2011 - 07:45
Have you looked into the Greens? Size might not suit you but I think AC is more or less included, paid primarily via service charges.
Latest post on 23 October 2011 - 06:10
I moved into a 2 bed in JLT at beginning of September and my first AC bill was 600 dhs! I am now making sure I switch it off when not in the room and using it less anyway now it is cooler. I guess that by November / December it will be halved or less so averaged out over the year not too bad. The DEWA bill was only 45 dhs for the month which I thought was very reasonable.
Latest post on 22 October 2011 - 23:04
Thanks for your reply Alismum...I take it you dont know how much AC would be for a 2BR in JLT? Does anyone else perhaps know?
Latest post on 22 October 2011 - 22:53
Hi, Did you check out Lake Terrace in JLT. I saw some 2 beds on Dubizzle for around 65-68K. It's in the D cluster next to the JLT metro station, a very nice cluster with Indigo Tower and lots of amenities. The AC will probably be from Palm District cooling so I think it will be billed separately (but someone please correct me if I'm wrong). <em>edited by Alismum on 22/10/2011</em>
Latest post on 22 October 2011 - 22:39
Hi everyone... Need some help regarding apartment hunting. Been looking in the Tecom/Al Barsha/JLT area but everything we've looked at seems so terrible, too small or totally out of our budget! Ideally I would like to stay in these areas as its close to work. Our budget would be max AED75k We are looking for a 2BR apartment, but lots of them don't have AC free and I have no idea of how this works. So some insight would be great here Also, if anyone can let me know what buildings are good and which ones to stay away from in these areas, that would be appreciated.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY