Jumeirah Zabeel Saray | ExpatWoman.com

Jumeirah Zabeel Saray

Latest post on 23 October 2011 - 16:47
We had a fantastic evening at Amala, and the hotel is stunning!!! Many friends of ours have enjoyed Amala with no problems, and we had a cocktail outside on the veranda afterwards and it was a lovely evening. Would recommend to anyone.
Latest post on 23 October 2011 - 16:31
Thanks Polly
Latest post on 23 October 2011 - 16:29
they hadn't even noticed (not enough staff) i made my other half go and flag down a waiter. there were lots of apologies at that stage but by 11 pm, i am so over eating. it's way too late for me. the food was nothing great either, in my opinion. really disappointing. i gave my feedback to jumeirah online afterwards (they sent an email) but never heard any more from them.
Latest post on 23 October 2011 - 16:28
i like the hotel but don't go to amala for dinner - had a hideous experience. 90 minute wait for food......i could go on... Had a similar experience at the Turkish restaurant there, after reading loads of reviews found it personally to be awful, looong wait for any service and unknowledgeable and couldn't-care-less attitude from the staff. Food bland and boring. Left after the main course, didn't want to risk dessert. Had a drink in the bar prior to the meal - wine poured from behind the bar and loads of gritty sediment at the bottom of the glass.......staff seemed confused that it was even an issue when I complained....... 5 star prices for 1 star service. But the decoration of the hotel is gorgeous and worth seeing :)
Latest post on 23 October 2011 - 16:21
I would be chewing on the table by that point ... did they apologise or make the wait worthwhile ?
Latest post on 23 October 2011 - 16:16
i like the hotel but don't go to amala for dinner - had a hideous experience. 90 minute wait for food......i could go on...
Latest post on 23 October 2011 - 16:12
Yeah I hard that, which is why I was so keen. Also the One and Only, gorgeous. Louise - on the Palm, the new hotels, if you drive to Atlantis and instead of going right, turn left, it down that branch! edited by pollydxb on 23/10/2011 1000 sterling a night at the residences one and only BUT PRETTY WORTH IT IMOA ! x spent my first night in Dubai there on the beach in a cabana eating seafood and fish and guzzling really gorgeous white wine and it was amazing .... *head in the clouds and a very vacant stare heads towards DH *............ who says WHAT ?? ............................. MEN ... GRGHHH !!
Latest post on 23 October 2011 - 16:08
we went to Amala, their indian on thursday evening - the best fine indian cuisine i have eaten! its a aed255 pp menu, but you can order as many dishes as you want from the a la carte menu, in unlimited quants!! interesting starters, and a mix of curries, things from the tandoor and biryanis....delish and yes the interior is stunning, and has the same sort of dancing fountain that the Burj has....
Latest post on 23 October 2011 - 16:04
Yeah I hard that, which is why I was so keen. Also the One and Only, gorgeous. Louise - on the Palm, the new hotels, if you drive to Atlantis and instead of going right, turn left, it down that branch! <em>edited by pollydxb on 23/10/2011</em>
Latest post on 23 October 2011 - 16:00
Where is it?
Latest post on 23 October 2011 - 15:58
ITS AMAZING !! have you been inside ! blows EVERYTHING I have been to in Dubai into a cocked hat !
Latest post on 23 October 2011 - 15:57
I was looking at looking an overnight stay there, but it was sooooo expensive :( Brunch sounds good though!
Latest post on 23 October 2011 - 15:55
STUNNING SERVICE STUNNING FURNITURE STUNNING PEOPLE ! Afternoon TEA - 110 STUNNING FOOD !!!! Sultan Afternoon tea - 130 _ looked fabulous !!! REALLY gorgeous place - they do BRUNCH ! WHOOP ! 1-4 pm 275 soft drinks 395 house grape and hops 550 for the bubbly - Anyone been yet ? we have just booked for Friday !!!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY