New Year's Eve?? | ExpatWoman.com

New Year's Eve??

Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 10:57

Hi guys! It's my first time celebrating new Year's eve in Dubai :) I'm planning to book a hotel near burj khalifa to see the fireworks. I had visited the tallest hotel, which is the rose rayhaan but it has business-like atmosphere.

Can someone recommend me a good place to stay during new year's eve? Preferably with new year's eve activities. The only hotel I know that has activities for new year is Atlantis. :(

And also, what are you plans for that occasion?

My only plan is to stay in a hotel, nothing else. I don't know what else to do the whole night.

Latest post on 25 October 2011 - 09:56
Hi guys! thanks for you replies. My hotel choices are Rose Rayhaan and Qamardeen Hotel.. which do you think is the best hotel for NYE?? I have been to rose rayhaan. But not to Qamardeen. So I don't know which has better atmosphere for NYE. And which is nearer to Burj khalifa?? :) Well I have not actually been into either, however the Rose is in SZR and Qamardeen is inside the down town area. I think the Rose is non alcoholic hotel. If that is an issue. Best view would be from Neo's in the Address Hotel.
Latest post on 25 October 2011 - 09:54
Anybody been to Hong Kong or Singapore for NYE?
Latest post on 25 October 2011 - 09:42
Hi guys! thanks for you replies. My hotel choices are Rose Rayhaan and Qamardeen Hotel.. which do you think is the best hotel for NYE?? I have been to rose rayhaan. But not to Qamardeen. So I don't know which has better atmosphere for NYE. And which is nearer to Burj khalifa?? :)
Latest post on 25 October 2011 - 07:45
I too want to be somewhere else for NY...Where would be great? I'm from OZ so don't really want somewhere hot ,maybe snow or great atmosphere for NY . We are a mature..lol..couple so something not too part! Where ?
Latest post on 25 October 2011 - 00:28
Will be in Shangai, can't wait!!
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 21:53
I will be in Edinburgh a first for me, looking fwd to it ..... let there be snow pls :)
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 21:51
Will be In Istanbul, looking forward to getting wrapped warm up for a few days (and the Grand Bazaar of course!) :)
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 18:34
Thailand, Koh Phagnan - Christmas Eve and NYE Moon Parties on Haad Rin ;) Oh dear, think it could be a crazy one!
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 17:05
we will be in dubai, will probably walk to the airport meridien or over to irish village. we used to enjoy going to oscars when we lived on sheikh zayed road. the hastle with taxis just isnt worth travelling too far unless you are staying over. be prepared to spend a small fortune for your nye eve in dubai, the prices are usually eye poppingly rediculous!
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 13:30
LA drinking bubbly with my favourite people
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 13:19
Bangkok for NYE, then to Phuket. Not in Dubai! Phewww! <em>edited by Wild Mint on 24/10/2011</em>
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 13:10
Will be in Paris wrapped up warm and wandering the streets!
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 12:57
Thailand ... sipping champers .. chillin ... you might get a bit wet!
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 12:28
Thailand ... sipping champers .. chillin ...
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 12:14
Louise, as you said you are back in the England it got me thinking - what are people/you ladies doing around the world for NYE? I have no idea I will be in Belfast with my best friend no doubt drinking the place dry :)
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 11:36
probably checking into city hospital for the delivery of my first baby :D
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 11:29
Heading to the big empty camping for our NY, will light a huge fire, send lanterns up into the stars and just generally have a wonderful time in our favourite place
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 11:23
Louise, as you said you are back in the England it got me thinking - what are people/you ladies doing around the world for NYE? I have no idea
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 11:11
bear in mind that last year dubai was completely gridlocked, downtown especially. i live in downtown and it was chaos. i foolishly left downtown (where everything was on my doorstep!) and went to atlantis for the actual event and it was hideous - way too busy and it took 3 hours to get a cab home. i say cab, in the end we flagged down a private car and paid a small fortune to get back - we were desperate. this year i think i'll be staying at home and then sauntering outside to watch the fireworks at midnight...then sauntering back in! lots of nice hotels in downtown - al manzil, qamardeen, palace, address...
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 10:59
If you want to watch the fireworks at the Burj stay close by. I was at the Address Hotel as friends used to live in the Residences and after the fireworks had finished it took me 3 and half hours to get home. The metro didnt run and there were no free taxis.. Amazing fireworks though Enjoy, i shall be shivering away in the UK :-)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY