best places in Thailand - near Phuket | ExpatWoman.com

best places in Thailand - near Phuket

Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 14:54

Does anyone have any recommendations for places near Phuket? Ideal would be somewhere on an amazing beach (completely white sand, turquoise sea) but not somewhere that is over run with people. Not too bothered about activities because it the second part of a holiday which will be much busier at first so will be happy to completely relax - we don't have kids. Ideally no more than 1.5 - 2 hours drive from Phuket. Hopefully I am not asking too much! Accommodation recommendations as well as towns would be great too.

Latest post on 23 June 2012 - 10:53
Mai khao beach we re staying there abut 15 min from airport u have the jw Marriott there which was reccomended by my friend who use to live in Thailand also the holiday inn where im going soon both nice places .
Latest post on 23 June 2012 - 10:48
Hi sorry to hijack thread, but does anyone know of nice villas to rent in these areas, or elsewhere in Thailand? Thanks x
Latest post on 23 June 2012 - 09:03
The Laguna is lovely and there are several different hotels to chose from ie Sheraton, Banyan Tree, Outrigger. At the other end is Katathani which I also recommend. Both are lovely and relaxing and not too busy.
Latest post on 23 June 2012 - 08:33
Indigo pearl in nai yang is a wonderful hotel only 5-10mins from airport, there is no aircraft noise. The beach is quiet and there is a nature reserve next door perfect for long strolls along the beach. Across the road from the hotel near the beach is a selection of beach bars and restaurants all set on the sand... The hotel has 2 beautiful pools and selection of restaurants too. There is even a fab weekend brunch.
Latest post on 22 June 2012 - 16:38
I second Katathani in Kata Noi, we stayed there for christmas the year before last and it was lovely. Highly recomended. Ds got his PADI cert with Sea Fun divers and we had Christmas Dinner in a great restaurant in Kata, Euro Deli? Thai Elvis and great food. Lovely beach and fab food from the beach shack round to the left of the bay. Looking at Katahani right now - which type of room did you stay? Looking at deluxe for 2 adult 2 children (as thani wing too expensive) - is that OK?
Latest post on 25 October 2011 - 09:57
I second Katathani in Kata Noi, we stayed there for christmas the year before last and it was lovely. Highly recomended. Ds got his PADI cert with Sea Fun divers and we had Christmas Dinner in a great restaurant in Kata, Euro Deli? Thai Elvis and great food. Lovely beach and fab food from the beach shack round to the left of the bay.
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 22:39
Hi dibdab, I've been to Phuket twice, once to http://www.katathani.com/location.html in kata noi and once further to the north near the lagoon. I preferred the beach in kata noi, it's about an hour from the airport. Have a nice holiday!
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 17:11
here is a link to the hotel http://www.fnetravel.com/english/krabihotels/holiday-inn-phi-phi-island.html (probably better to go straight to holiday inns website for bookings)... but when i googled it this was the first that came up and it shows everything about the place on one page so its easy viewing...
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 17:02
google phi phi island (pronounced pee pee)... there are 2 of them. you would actually stay on "ko phi phi don" and then you can do a day trip to "ko phi phi ley" which is like a 10 min boat ride, its where the movie the "beach" was filmed its beautiful.... phi phi don is also amazing... there are also short boat rides to snorkel on mosquito and bamboo island which is probably still my husband and i's favorite beach (bamboo) you can get there by ferry, speed boat or sea plane, we went by ferry and came back by speed boat... the ferry didn't take very long though it was just crowded and we were in a hurry on the way back so did the speed boat option... anyway we stayed at the holiday in and had a beach bungalow right in front of the water... there was no TV or phones you could go to the reception to connect to Internet... very secluded... there are no cars on the island... when the ferry gets there you are then transferred to a long tail boat and drooped off right on the sand in front of the hotel... there was a little local restaurant bar hut (very small) next door with friendly locals... you can take a long tail boat "taxi" in to town (which is not really a town but i would still suggest going... eating shopping etc... maybe some night life??? other hotels on other parts of the island may have more amenities ours had a great buffet each night and an outdoor bar spa etc... but the rooms weren't 5 star or anything here is a link to my face book page if you want to look at all of my photos...(you will have to go back a ways because there are many albums) there are at least 4 or 5 albums from Thailand (Bangkok, phuket, and the phi phi and surrounding islands) let me know if you want anymore info <em>edited by ShannonB on 28/10/2011</em>
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 16:56
Thanks Polly I will have a look at those places. Where is Twin Peaks? I googled but all that came up was a dodgy looking place in Bangkok.
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 16:28
Well, I can suggest the Banyan Tree in the Laguna area, not too far from airport and really beautiful, also the Dusit Thani which is in the same area. Twin peaks looks fab, I wanted to stay there!
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 16:21
Phuket is an Island dibdab. Do you want to stay on the island? Your post is a bit confusing..... Sorry - should have said Phuket airport - don't want to go too far from there because the rest of the holiday is a bit hectic so we don't want a long journey. Thanks :) <em>edited by dibdab on 24/10/2011</em>
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 16:20
Phuket is an Island dibdab. Do you want to stay on the island? Your post is a bit confusing.....
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 16:18
Anybody? :(

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY