Looking for garden furniture. Is ACE worth a visit? | ExpatWoman.com

Looking for garden furniture. Is ACE worth a visit?

Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 15:07

We have only been in Dubai a few weeks and need a couple of loungers and outdoor stuff (table and chairs, umbrella etc) after a couple of bad trips, last weekend to a place that didn't do any outdoor stuff, I thought maybe someone would know whether ACE was worth dragging the kids out for???

I don't want White plastic ( no offense to anyone with it) but don't want to pay a fortune either, just middle of the road.......

Thanks if anyone can help or if anybody has any suggestions of other places..

Katy

Latest post on 25 October 2011 - 15:55
Hi Thanks Did Carrefour today and am checking out Dragonmart and Ace!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!! Fantastic Katy
Latest post on 25 October 2011 - 10:03
Dragonmart section JB. I got a plastic rattan type thing, sofa, 2 chairs and a table for 1500dhs including cushions. Sorry Kelly I didnt like the C4 set ;-)
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 19:58
Carrefour have and awesome garden furniture promo at the minute. Got ours last weekend. 6 seat plastic rattan type table with glass top, 6 matching chairs and huge hanging umbrella for 1000aed. The table was only 300dhs, think the chairs were 90 each.
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 19:57
I would also recommend Dragon Mart!
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 19:37
I was at Dragon Mart a few weeks back and they had some lovely stuff, considerably cheaper than the retail shops I thought. In fact there was one 6 or 7 piece set for about 3,000 Dhm that caught my eye because it had pvc cushions you could just hose off, a big lounge, 3 armchairs, coffee table, ottoman and an occasional table! Never sean anything as nice in a shop. The garden furniture was right down the end.
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 15:20
worth checking on dubizzle if you dont mind 2ND hand. for example, i am about to sell our rattan house furniture but havent taken the pics yet! we have 2 loungers and a rectangular dining table with 8 chairs. I have often seen garden furniture advertised!
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 15:20
Try Dragon Mart - they have some great stuff.
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 15:15
We have wooden furniture (table and chairs) from Carrefour which was excellent value for money. Our sunloungers were from Ace and they have been very good too.
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 15:12
Definitely worth a visit. Quite a large selection & reasonably priced.
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 15:11
Ace is definitely a good place to start, as well at Dubai Garden Centre. Not sure about DGC prices though.
Latest post on 24 October 2011 - 15:10
I got a lovely set from ACE that was on offer mine was a 3 seater couch, 2 chairs and a glass topped table all for 1800AED! They did do sets with umbrellas and other styles Dragonmart is supposed to be good too

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY